Food & Drink

Post Pics of Your BBQ'd Food Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 10:37 pm
Apr 11, 2017
135 posts
91 upvotes
London, ON
Just loaded the smoker with 2 packer briskets. Now time to wait it out!

Gonna be eating brisket for a while, and loading the freezer too! Love the brisket!
Images
  • 20190127_083443.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3408 posts
204 upvotes
Adelaide
Smoked some lamb shanks with apple and cherry. 3-3.5 hours on the BBQ

Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2506 posts
316 upvotes
Whitby
From before the snow fall.
Hasselback potatoes and boneless strip loin smoked over mesquite.
All the fatty flavour goodness dripping onto the potatoes.
Images
  • bl2.jpg
  • bl.jpg
  • bl3.jpg
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3408 posts
204 upvotes
Adelaide
UrbanPoet wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:47 pm
What kinda wood sticks are those?
The chunk at the top is apple, the sticks are cherry. Generally like getting bigger chunks but the orchard I got them from only had sticks left.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40006 posts
4037 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
BongoBong wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 11:56 pm
The chunk at the top is apple, the sticks are cherry. Generally like getting bigger chunks but the orchard I got them from only had sticks left.
Nice. I love fruit wood. I used to be such a hickory guy. Now its all about apple wood for me!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5938 posts
385 upvotes
BC
UrbanPoet wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 9:52 am
Nice. I love fruit wood. I used to be such a hickory guy. Now its all about apple wood for me!
Growing up my dad had a home built smoke house (it was huge) and all he used was apple wood. Any time someone cut down an apple tree he went to get the wood, we had a big pile in the back yard, comparable to what others had for their fireplace. I still prefer the taste of apple wood and use it most, I guess because its the taste I grew up with.
That's my 2cents worth
Aug 12, 2012
693 posts
195 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Some bacon wrapped meatballs I made recently

Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5938 posts
385 upvotes
BC
Frank311 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 4:08 pm
For anyone with a pellet grill, Costco has the Pit Boss pellets online at a decent price. $34.79 for a 40lb bag, including shipping (~$0.87/lb).

Here's their competition blend, they also carry hickory and apple:
https://www.costco.ca/Pit-Boss-Competit ... 27300.html
In store 33lb traeger gourmet blend for $25, up a dollar from last year. Just back in stock at our store.
That's my 2cents worth
Aug 12, 2012
693 posts
195 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Keelie wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 11:11 pm
In store 33lb traeger gourmet blend for $25, up a dollar from last year. Just back in stock at our store.
Awesome. That's a better deal for sure. I haven't seen it in my store yet but good to know they're coming back.

Edit: Saw them today at the Oshawa store, they're $27 now.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3408 posts
204 upvotes
Adelaide
Some jalapeno cheese sausages with potatoes and asparagus.

Did smoked turkey legs (massive ones). Basic BBQ rub and mopped with a basic BBQ sauce towards the end of the cook. Skin wasn't great unfortunately but the meat was very good.

Image Image

Bought a side of lamb. I normally "butterfly" a leg of lamb and do a garlic, rosemary, dijon mustard but for this one went with a soya sauce, honey, ginger, chilli's marinate.

Image Image

Side of lamb had a bunch of random pieces so salted them and roasted them slow over a low fire intending to eat some of the meat and make a soup from the rest of the meat/bones. The meat on that weird rack of ribs that looks like a Y was actually amazing which was a pleasant surprise

Image Image
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40006 posts
4037 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
BongoBong wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 7:31 pm
Some jalapeno cheese sausages with potatoes and asparagus.

Did smoked turkey legs (massive ones). Basic BBQ rub and mopped with a basic BBQ sauce towards the end of the cook. Skin wasn't great unfortunately but the meat was very good.

Image Image

Bought a side of lamb. I normally "butterfly" a leg of lamb and do a garlic, rosemary, dijon mustard but for this one went with a soya sauce, honey, ginger, chilli's marinate.

Image Image

Side of lamb had a bunch of random pieces so salted them and roasted them slow over a low fire intending to eat some of the meat and make a soup from the rest of the meat/bones. The meat on that weird rack of ribs that looks like a Y was actually amazing which was a pleasant surprise

Image Image
Wheres the snow?