• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 4:20 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43435 posts
6689 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Gutty96 wrote: Still better to be away!

Where are you? My big boys is a long way from you, in Cobourg. But I think there are some closer to the city.
I passed through Cobourg. Friend’s place was out in hastings.

“Oh hey its that place Gutty keeps talking about”

“Who’s gutty?”

“Rfd friend.”

“What the hell is an rfd?”

Lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8486 posts
2951 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: I passed through Cobourg. Friend’s place was out in hastings.

“Oh hey its that place Gutty keeps talking about”

“Who’s gutty?”

“Rfd friend.”

“What the hell is an rfd?”

Lol
Bahahaha. Yup that would be it then. That building has been so many things in my lifetime, restaurants, auto shops, but this is the best one! By far.

Have a good trip!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3618 posts
600 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Hopefully can taste test next weekend vs usual Memphis dust.
Images
  • 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200909190317717_COVER.jpg
Mar 16, 2007
215 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
Long time lurker of this thread but would like to share some bbq today.
I got this spiedini grill in sale here and they are still available: https://www.consiglioskitchenware.com/p ... dini+grill
I ordered this one and though it is a bit on the short side you can do your bbq sitting down.

https://www.consiglioskitchenware.com/p ... cm-315inch

The lamb skewers I used are from costco and they fit the grill perfectly. https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/mar ... 38921.html

I found the quality of the meat pretty good and I just grill them with some salt, cumin and chilli flakes.
Images
  • 6CCD00A2-26DB-454F-9798-176CDC993005.jpeg
  • B297E162-00B7-455B-9598-25FF5898917D.jpeg
  • AD8ED936-8B8F-44A9-8EBE-3040CE687D8B.jpeg
  • F60EF5D7-410E-44C5-A8C6-F8119F6EE3C1.jpeg
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10874 posts
5989 upvotes
Markham
nioero wrote: Long time lurker of this thread but would like to share some bbq today.
I got this spiedini grill in sale here and they are still available: https://www.consiglioskitchenware.com/p ... dini+grill
I ordered this one and though it is a bit on the short side you can do your bbq sitting down.

https://www.consiglioskitchenware.com/p ... cm-315inch

The lamb skewers I used are from costco and they fit the grill perfectly. https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/mar ... 38921.html

I found the quality of the meat pretty good and I just grill them with some salt, cumin and chilli flakes.
Curious how much the 50 skewers are $_____. Used to buy them from Highland Farms.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 16, 2007
215 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
gr8dlr wrote: Curious how much the 50 skewers are $_____. Used to buy them from Highland Farms.
$30.97
Pretty good deal imo. I used to be able to get them from Fortinos. But can’t beat the price at Costco.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10874 posts
5989 upvotes
Markham
nioero wrote: $30.97
Pretty good deal imo. I used to be able to get them from Fortinos. But can’t beat the price at Costco.
Thanks. I might pick some up someday. Ever been to Kostas Meat on Ellesmere at Warden.... Good kabobs there.

That's decent price. It's been quite a few years since I've last bought them but IIRC it was $10 for 20 skewers on sale at Highland Farms.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3618 posts
600 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
nioero wrote: I got this spiedini grill....
Top 5 favorite quick meals. Marinated with lemon juice, grated garlic, rosemary, parsley and white wine. Salt etc they come off. We also buy the mini naan from Costco too. It's a good deal that makes about 3 meals for us 4.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200910-185128.png
Mar 16, 2007
215 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
Hey guys any opinion on using briquettes instead of lump charcoal. I really hate the non-uniformity if lumped charcoal even with the expensive stuff. I normally do not require too high heat cooking but just for the charcoal flavour. I do know that they put binders/chemicals when making briquettes but should I worry about it much if I am using well know brands such as Kingsford? Is Weber briquettes better? In what sense? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8486 posts
2951 upvotes
Pickings for dinner getting slim this week. Lol.

I will call this the "broiled kitchen sink chicken sandwich"
Images
  • IMG_20200910_183609.jpg
  • IMG_20200910_183701.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3618 posts
600 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
nioero wrote: Hey guys any opinion on using briquettes instead of lump charcoal.
Nothing wrong with briquettes as long as they don't have any additional garage like petroleum products such as lighter fuel. I used to use Maple Leaf briquettes without issue.
Gutty96 wrote: Pickings for dinner getting slim this week. Lol.

I will call this the "broiled kitchen sink chicken sandwich"
brioche buns? Looks delicious, who's doesn't like a good Sammie Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6360 posts
3304 upvotes
Aurora
UrbanPoet wrote: I made rabbit again!
Looks very good. Also, the pieces look a lot like chicken wings to me. Makes me want to cook rabbit, though I only do it about once a year since, IMO, rabbit is kind of expensive. LOL, maybe I'll play around and try making buffalo rabbit pieces.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3618 posts
600 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
UrbanPoet wrote: I made rabbit again!
No 8 week brine this time Winking Face. Looks good, how does it compare to the last time.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43435 posts
6689 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
nioero wrote: Hey guys any opinion on using briquettes instead of lump charcoal. I really hate the non-uniformity if lumped charcoal even with the expensive stuff. I normally do not require too high heat cooking but just for the charcoal flavour. I do know that they put binders/chemicals when making briquettes but should I worry about it much if I am using well know brands such as Kingsford? Is Weber briquettes better? In what sense? Thanks.
Lump burns hotter & faster. the taste is superior and cleaner then briquette.

Briquettes burn longer, but not as hot. Taste isnt as good due to fillers and binders. They also create a lot of ash.

Not sure why the non-uniform shape is an issue.