Food & Drink

Post Pics of Your BBQ'd Food Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2022 11:01 am
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12661 posts
6706 upvotes
redsfan wrote: been looking at these but not the block, great present if the troop set you free with this! What's the difference with all the probes? All the same, just multiples?
All the same. Just multiple.

I think they are missing the market by not having a 2 pack, as the "block". It's a big jump from 1 to 4, and the singles are not as good as they are Bluetooth only where as the "block" connects to wifi so you can monitor from further away.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2740 posts
788 upvotes
Whitby
Who else took advantage of the 3.99$/lb brisket from Superstore?
Cut about 1/2 of it to cure to finish as pastrami this weekend.
The other half gonna straight up smoke.
Images
  • PXL_20220620_213746349.jpg
  • PXL_20220620_214734625.jpg
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12086 posts
7133 upvotes
raymondly wrote: Who else took advantage of the 3.99$/lb brisket from Superstore?
Cut about 1/2 of it to cure to finish as pastrami this weekend.
The other half gonna straight up smoke.
I picked 1 up at the Zehrs sale but I am going to make corned beef, same thing, different spicing. You just go ahead & use pickling spice? Hmm, interesting.

I see the Club House pickling spice is mustard seed, coriander seed, bay leaves, dill seed, fenugreek, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, red pepper, black pepper, cloves & my recipe is all of that, except the dill seed & fenugreek.
Jul 31, 2008
461 posts
267 upvotes
Markham
raymondly wrote: Who else took advantage of the 3.99$/lb brisket from Superstore?
I picked one up.

Weighed in at 8.5kg, trimmed off a kg or so, started at 10pm with my WSM, wrapped in paper at 6am, took it off at 7:30pm with a 2h rest in a cooler.

Came out perfect. Brisket quality was good and very happy with the results.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12661 posts
6706 upvotes
You know, there really is a time an place for everything....

After going 100% NG for 10+ years to a stint of about a year with 100% charcoal, I really do love having both as options now.

Especially on those nights where you just get home and have to get a kid to hockey in less than an hour. No way I could get coal rolling and things cooked in that time. Propane, no problem.

I also have to say, while i know you can make your own pretty easy, these Marc Angelo skewers are pretty darn convenient and good!
Images
  • IMG_20220621_173812~2.jpg
  • IMG_20220621_174703~2.jpg
  • IMG_20220621_175108~2.jpg
  • IMG_20220621_180513~2.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2922 posts
987 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: You know, there really is a time an place for everything....

After going 100% NG for 10+ years to a stint of about a year with 100% charcoal, I really do love having both as options now.

Especially on those nights where you just get home and have to get a kid to hockey in less than an hour. No way I could get coal rolling and things cooked in that time. Propane, no problem.

I also have to say, while i know you can make your own pretty easy, these Marc Angelo skewers are pretty darn convenient and good!
We have a 10+ yr old Weber Silver G NG, and there is always a place for it. Head up oil for my wings, steaks, burgers/dogs. Any sort of long cook I use our Performer, but now have discovered use the Roti skewer and build a long kabob which tastes better than on the NG
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12661 posts
6706 upvotes
redsfan wrote: Bone Suckin sauce to top it off.. bit of cherry smoke
Need to circle back to this.

Where did you get this thing?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4708 posts
2762 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Gutty96 wrote: You know, there really is a time an place for everything....

If you like those, try the PC branded. Much cheaper per weight and taste great!!! Good to have for quick dinner.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12661 posts
6706 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: If you like those, try the PC branded. Much cheaper per weight and taste great!!! Good to have for quick dinner.
Oh good to know! Does no frills sell them? Only place for PC brand in my town.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12661 posts
6706 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: No idea but saw them at RCSS so maybe???

https://www.presidentschoice.ca/product ... 1431163_EA
Oh, they are frozen section. That's why I have never seen them. The Marcs ones start fresh.

I will keep an eye out for these for sure. We only buy the Marcs on sale, so we would buy these more often I bet if they are cheaper and equally as good or better.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4708 posts
2762 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Gutty96 wrote: Oh, they are frozen section. That's why I have never seen them. The Marcs ones start fresh.

I will keep an eye out for these for sure. We only buy the Marcs on sale, so we would buy these more often I bet if they are cheaper and equally as good or better.
I prefer to buy this "ready to cook" type food frozen. I dont want something siting in the fridge section, moved around for a month so I can take it home and freeze it anyways, for future lol :)
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17552 posts
12281 upvotes
Markham
cRaZyRaVr wrote: No idea but saw them at RCSS so maybe???

https://www.presidentschoice.ca/product ... 1431163_EA
$13 for 15 skewers - 450g...in the No Frills flyer. Not sure what the regular price is. $13 for roughly a lb of pork is not cheap.
I've been making skewers lately using onion puree....google shashlik. Marinate overnight with salt, pepper and onion puree. Before cooking I've been sprinkling on a no salt berbere spice mix which I've seen you use in many dishes. You can sprinkle other "rubs" as well...just watch how you handle the salt.

https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10011/146 ... 04&page=10
Last edited by gr8dlr on Jun 22nd, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4708 posts
2762 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Another thing I will suggest is these. Very very good and not much more. or even less than just buying this size shrimp raw.
Plus, its ready and delish :)

Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4708 posts
2762 upvotes
Milton, ON.
gr8dlr wrote: $13 for 15 skewers - 450g...in the No Frills flyer. Not sure what the regular price is. $13 for roughly a lb of pork is not cheap.
I've been making skewers lately using onion puree....google shashlik. Marinate overnight with salt, pepper and onion puree. Before cooking I've been sprinkling on a no salt berbere spice mix which I've seen you use in many dishes.

https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10011/146 ... 04&page=10
Well not shit. Obviously making your own will be cheaper. But this is not what we are talking about.
Also just saw today $8.99 at RCSS.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17552 posts
12281 upvotes
Markham
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Well not shit. Obviously making your own will be cheaper. But this is not what we are talking about.
LOL. Just pointing out the math which unfortunately a lot of ppl don't do.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12661 posts
6706 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Well not shit. Obviously making your own will be cheaper. But this is not what we are talking about.
gr8dlr wrote: LOL. Just pointing out the math which unfortunately a lot of ppl don't do.
LOL, you guys are funny.

Still though, from a convenience side, and VS what I have been using. $9-$13 for 15 skewers is still cheaper than $12 regular price for 6-8 in the Marcs. Unless the skewers are significantly smaller.

I will give these a go if I see them.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4708 posts
2762 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Gutty96 wrote: LOL, you guys are funny.

Still though, from a convenience side, and VS what I have been using. $9-$13 for 15 skewers is still cheaper than $12 regular price for 6-8 in the Marcs. Unless the skewers are significantly smaller.

I will give these a go if I see them.
I see that your math works a bit backwords or you are using this new way of doing calculations :)
A skewer does not = a skewer :) also must factor in the stick weigh ;) and divide all that by the convenience :)
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3775 posts
583 upvotes
Leuven
What are peoples go to dishes for vegetarians when you are doing a BBQ? Going to do a Porchetta to make sandwiches, and then want to do something a bit nicer than just some premade veggie burgers. Some thoughts

- Halloumi burgers
- Homemade veggie burgers
- Portobello mushroom burgers

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

STIGUY