Food & Drink

Post Pics of Your BBQ'd Food Thread

  • Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2022 7:24 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2004
3957 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
Dr Butcher wrote: I haven't gone crazy with specialty flours and such when I've grilled pizzas. I did 'em on my Napoleon at around 600°F in about 8 minutes. I have a couple of 15 inch square corderite stones I picked up from Amazon that do a great job. I haven't used my Traegers, the smoke from the grease burning off the gasser is enough for me.

Edit: wow, the stones are selling for double what I paid for mine.....

http://www.amazon.ca/Pizzacraft-PC0100- ... cordierite
You could always just use unglazed tiles. Much cheaper option.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke
Dragon120 wrote: How long would you grill this for? I went to the blog but it didn't specify the time.


Thanks.
tip for grilled corn on the cob: leave the husk on and grill it until it's black all around. the husk will get burned but the cob will be cooked perfectly, and best thing is you can't really screw it up.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
12964 posts
1420 upvotes
thepersianguy wrote: tip for grilled corn on the cob: leave the husk on and grill it until it's black all around. the husk will get burned but the cob will be cooked perfectly, and best thing is you can't really screw it up.
good tip but you also got to tell people to remove as much silk as possible then rewrap with the husk or people will blame you for all the burnt ashy silk
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
242 upvotes
mjl_toronto wrote: You could always just use unglazed tiles. Much cheaper option.
Tried to find them, but couldn't find them anywhere. I bought firebricks from a building supply place. They didn't have these tiles.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
242 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: I ate it before taking pictures of it... But yes it turned out nice and smokey! I use mesquite because I like that extra smokiness.

I did 2 ducks since then!
Nice, I have a duck I've been debating what to do with, I think smoking it might be what I finally do with it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
16692 posts
11419 upvotes
Markham
My Labour Day Smoking session. Hope you guys enjoy it. I cook quite often with what I have on hand and in my fridge.

Some of my inspiration today: on my way home from Chicago, I stopped into Calumet Fisheries and bought some smoked salmon, sturgeon and shrimp. Everything was so good I decided to make some of my own smoked shrimp. Delicious and easy. Seasoned with some black pepper, garlic and some of my BBQ rub.

[IMG][IMG]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4128/23v8.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Here's Calumet's smoker

[IMG][IMG]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/104/cltp.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Smoked garden grown cherry tomato guacamole

[IMG][IMG]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8219/ry2j.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Smoked basa filet ...seasoned similarly to the shrimp except more black pepper and garlic (I bought garlic, black peppere smoked salmon at Calumet)

[IMG][IMG]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4265/1h5e.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Smoked Atomic Buffalo Turds - jalapeno peppers were around 4 inch long and grown in my garden. Added some aged Balderson Cheddar to the chive cream cheese.

[IMG][IMG]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4043/26c1.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Ribs to follow....
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2008
3753 posts
538 upvotes
Leuven
raymondly wrote: Expanded on an idea. Standard ABT (jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese - used roasted garlic - wrapped in bacon) then wrapped them in hot italian sausage.
Smoked over cherry. They were fanfreakintastic.
[IMG]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6462/ijk6.jpg[/IMG]
Oh god those look good. ABT's are already one of my favourites, and the added italian sausage looks amazing.

How was the bacon being on the inside? I wonder if wrapping it around the italian sausage would be good to get the bacon a little more crisp.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
16692 posts
11419 upvotes
Markham
raymondly wrote: Expanded on an idea. Standard ABT (jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese - used roasted garlic - wrapped in bacon) then wrapped them in hot italian sausage.
Smoked over cherry. They were fanfreakintastic.
[IMG]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6462/ijk6.jpg[/IMG]
LOL ...BBQ takeoff on scotch eggs. So you used roast garlic in the cream cheese or did you subsitute it? You could've taken pork to another level and wrapped that sausage with bacon. Good job.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2007
2723 posts
749 upvotes
Whitby
I used precooked bacon to wrap the peppers so it was already a little crispy - they did get a little soggy inside because they were so juicy from the sausage.
The cream cheese was the PC roasted garlic and herb which added a nice little flavour inside.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
553 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
I fired up the Weber Smoky Mountain with walnut branches, and USDA select beef ribs from RCSS.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img713/2023/o1ne.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img7/4476/6xvr.jpg[/IMG]

Ribs were slathered with yellow mustard, and rubbed with Montreal Chicken spice.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img15/2544/plxo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3725/5yke.jpg[/IMG]

With corn and potatoes. The corn is semi sweet Golden Bantam, a nice change from the sugar bombs they sell these days.
...



Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2011
1370 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
thought I'd post this here as well:

Just did some beef back ribs. I want to try some beef short ribs (IMPS 130), but hard to find whole. Anyways lucked out at superstore, these back ribs had meat!

4 hours at 275. Salt pepper and some garlic salt for rub, then glazed with a mixture of honey, brown sugar and sweet baby rays.

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1240_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2928_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6518_n.jpg[/IMG]
Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2012
466 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
popcorneater wrote: thought I'd post this here as well:

Just did some beef back ribs. I want to try some beef short ribs (IMPS 130), but hard to find whole. Anyways lucked out at superstore, these back ribs had meat!

4 hours at 275. Salt pepper and some garlic salt for rub, then glazed with a mixture of honey, brown sugar and sweet baby rays.

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1240_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2928_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6518_n.jpg[/IMG]
DAMN.....awesome looking grub!!!!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2011
1370 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
G55man wrote: DAMN.....awesome looking grub!!!!!!
Thanks! and indeed they were awesome, almost like beef candy on a stick! Outside bark was crunch and gooey, inside was melt in your mouth tender.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2004
3957 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
popcorneater wrote: thought I'd post this here as well:

Just did some beef back ribs. I want to try some beef short ribs (IMPS 130), but hard to find whole. Anyways lucked out at superstore, these back ribs had meat!

4 hours at 275. Salt pepper and some garlic salt for rub, then glazed with a mixture of honey, brown sugar and sweet baby rays.

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1240_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2928_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6518_n.jpg[/IMG]
Looks delish, and it does sound like a beef candy stick!

btw, do you keep reusing your drip pan?
I've reused mine many times, but noticed it started developing a real foul odour, lol. I usually buy the huge pack from Costco as it's super cheap, but it feels like such a waste throwing it out when all it does is collect grease and hold some water/liquid. I'm too lazy to wash it of course.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2011
1370 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
mjl_toronto wrote: Looks delish, and it does sound like a beef candy stick!

btw, do you keep reusing your drip pan?
I've reused mine many times, but noticed it started developing a real foul odour, lol. I usually buy the huge pack from Costco as it's super cheap, but it feels like such a waste throwing it out when all it does is collect grease and hold some water/liquid. I'm too lazy to wash it of course.
I've used it twice or 3 times so far. It does smell afterwards, but I throw them in the dishwasher. I'm ok with reusing it at this point, since I'm mainly just putting water in there. If I ever decide to collect the drippings for a gravy or something I would definitely use a new one!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
553 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
I use a drip pan that came with the Weber Smoky Mountain. I fill with water, several liters, and dump it after smoking. It has a slightly smoky smell, not obnoxious. For grilling, I omit the water.
...



Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2004
3957 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
popcorneater wrote: I've used it twice or 3 times so far. It does smell afterwards, but I throw them in the dishwasher. I'm ok with reusing it at this point, since I'm mainly just putting water in there. If I ever decide to collect the drippings for a gravy or something I would definitely use a new one!
I should stop being so cheap!
jayt90 wrote: I use a drip pan that came with the Weber Smoky Mountain. I fill with water, several liters, and dump it after smoking. It has a slightly smoky smell, not obnoxious. For grilling, I omit the water.
Perhaps that's what I'm doing wrong...too cheap and lazy to even dump the water! Oh boy, I'd be in so much trouble with inspectors if I were a restaurant. :D

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

redsfan