Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7421 posts
2656 upvotes
Markham
mjl_toronto wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 11:08 am
I should stop being so cheap!

Perhaps that's what I'm doing wrong...too cheap and lazy to even dump the water! Oh boy, I'd be in so much trouble with inspectors if I were a restaurant. :D
You could use heavy duty foil on the drip pan - makes for easy cleanup by just removing and putting on a new one.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 13, 2009
54 posts
9 upvotes
Where did you buy that cut (korean bbq short ribs) of meat? Can I ask for it at a Zehrs or something? What exactly is the cut called? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2015 posts
567 upvotes
Whitby
popcorneater wrote:
Nov 4th, 2013 5:13 pm
thought I'd post this here as well:

Just did some beef back ribs. I want to try some beef short ribs (IMPS 130), but hard to find whole. Anyways lucked out at superstore, these back ribs had meat!

4 hours at 275. Salt pepper and some garlic salt for rub, then glazed with a mixture of honey, brown sugar and sweet baby rays.
Those are some fine looking ribs popcorneater. I did some up last summer and my wife just said last week that she is looking forward to me cooking them this year. Thanks for sharing!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46856 posts
4851 upvotes
Toronto
AudiDude wrote:
May 25th, 2014 4:55 pm
Chicken burgers with green onion, red peppers and cilantro. Cooked over cherry/hickory combination.

[IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5076/140 ... 82f9_c.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2924/142 ... 27b7_b.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5551/140 ... 49b2_b.jpg[/IM]
Stupid question but were they homemade? Is it me or are those grill marks kind of deep?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1467 upvotes
Pickering
Jimboski wrote:
May 25th, 2014 5:56 pm
Stupid question but were they homemade? Is it me or are those grill marks kind of deep?
They most definitely are home made. Chicken is so soft and I don't use any binder. I rolled them into meatballs after I added the ingredients and microwaved a mini meatball to make sure I have the salt, pepper and garlic level right. Just enough to eliminate the inside of the burger from tasting unseasoned.

I put them between two pieces of wax paper and smush them to patties. You either better have a lot of oil on your hands or wear gloves because chicken is soft and sticky. Since they went in the Traeger, there is no sear and the patty oozes through the grate a bit before it firms up because I had them on at 220 degrees. On a hot grill, the grill groves wouldn't be that thick.

Before I put them on, I have a shaker filled with a blend of salt, pepper and garlic powder like what we used at Mc Donald's when I was a kid, that I use to dust the patties.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46856 posts
4851 upvotes
Toronto
AudiDude wrote:
May 25th, 2014 7:05 pm
They most definitely are home made. Chicken is so soft and I don't use any binder. I rolled them into meatballs after I added the ingredients and microwaved a mini meatball to make sure I have the salt, pepper and garlic level right. Just enough to eliminate the inside of the burger from tasting unseasoned.

I put them between two pieces of wax paper and smush them to patties. You either better have a lot of oil on your hands or wear gloves because chicken is soft and sticky. Since they went in the Traeger, there is no sear and the patty oozes through the grate a bit before it firms up because I had them on at 220 degrees. On a hot grill, the grill groves wouldn't be that thick.

Before I put them on, I have a shaker filled with a blend of salt, pepper and garlic powder like what we used at Mc Donald's when I was a kid, that I use to dust the patties.
I see.. When can i come over?
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
402 upvotes
GT&A
Jimboski wrote:
May 25th, 2014 7:07 pm
+1
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1370 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
newbieowner wrote:
May 24th, 2014 5:12 pm
Where did you buy that cut (korean bbq short ribs) of meat? Can I ask for it at a Zehrs or something? What exactly is the cut called? Thanks!
Not familiar with Zehrs, but over here in the west, they usually label them as korean bbq short ribs. Either that or just short ribs. got these on sale at sobeys, at around $5/kg, already marinated. It was a BOGO deal, and cheaper than regular stuff in the meat dept.

If you go to a butcher ask for beef short ribs sliced thin. They'll usually do it for you for free.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1370 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
kryton619 wrote:
May 24th, 2014 8:05 pm
Those are some fine looking ribs popcorneater. I did some up last summer and my wife just said last week that she is looking forward to me cooking them this year. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! The Sobeys by my area sells ribeye from time to time, and it seems nobody knows what to do with the bone. I can't pass on them when they mark them down for $1.99/lb!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6009 posts
436 upvotes
BC
AudiDude wrote:
May 25th, 2014 7:05 pm

They look delicious!! How long did you cook them for at that temp? Might have to do this myself.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
402 upvotes
GT&A
longitude wrote:
May 26th, 2014 9:42 am
+1
Jimboski wrote:
May 25th, 2014 7:07 pm
Keelie wrote:
May 26th, 2014 8:02 pm
They look delicious!! How long did you cook them for at that temp? Might have to do this myself.
We're in!
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1467 upvotes
Pickering
I cooked them for around 2.5 hours. The red peppers give off oil when cooked which helps keep the burgers moist. Cilantro adds that extra fresh taste and the green onion isn't overpowering with onion.

I'd like to help you all out, but I'm kickin' it in Vegas right now... ;)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

UrbanPoet, PigsRTastey