Post Pics of Your BBQ'd Food Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 3:28 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5317 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
If I am going to be putting this many chickens all the once I usually preset the smoker for 300F. The temp will drop drastically once the birds go in. For all of these it was 6 hours in the smoker with 2 hours of hickory smoke so that internal temp is 155-160F. Pull off cover with aluminum foil for few minutes and serve. The skin will be garbage unless you throw the chicken pieces on the grill to crisp up, which is what I did. Use the smoke flavoured bones for chicken soup :)
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
zalapski wrote: How do you like using that particular meat grinder? Any negatives you find working with the unit? TIA.
It's OK but I feel that it is labouring on certain pieces of meat. You can alleviate that by making the strips of the meat smaller. This grinder was a gift. The way that I personaly shop is I find out what I need and buy the next one up. So far this has stopped me from breaking things and being disappointed. Oh yeah, it broke right away and that is the second one in the picture. the grinder has a plastic gearbox/transmission to get the torque up to grind the meat. The transmission broke.

As I said in the other thread with the $150 grinder, I'd buy the LEM. The last time I bought a product in this quality range, it was the Waring Pro meat slicer. I used it for a year and then gave it away and got a Globe GC9 belt drive slicer. Real power and can run in a small deli. Never does it cross my mind that that slicer would fail and I can get parts from anywhere. The Waring/Cusinart stuff will eventually have the models discontinued and then you will have to toss it.

If treated nicely it will definitely do the job. The above pics I posted was of my first time making sausages and I will be doing it more often because it was easy (with the right tools) and fun. I had no help, it was just me and the appliances.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
AudiDude wrote: It's OK but I feel that it is labouring on certain pieces of meat. You can alleviate that by making the strips of the meat smaller. This grinder was a gift. The way that I personaly shop is I find out what I need and buy the next one up. So far this has stopped me from breaking things and being disappointed. Oh yeah, it broke right away and that is the second one in the picture. the grinder has a plastic gearbox/transmission to get the torque up to grind the meat. The transmission broke.

As I said in the other thread with the $150 grinder, I'd buy the LEM. The last time I bought a product in this quality range, it was the Waring Pro meat slicer. I used it for a year and then gave it away and got a Globe GC9 belt drive slicer. Real power and can run in a small deli. Never does it cross my mind that that slicer would fail and I can get parts from anywhere. The Waring/Cusinart stuff will eventually have the models discontinued and then you will have to toss it.

If treated nicely it will definitely do the job. The above pics I posted was of my first time making sausages and I will be doing it more often because it was easy (with the right tools) and fun. I had no help, it was just me and the appliances.
Thanks for posting your exploits. Think you set up your own Youtube channel!
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2007
1912 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
gr8dlr wrote: Thanks for posting your exploits. Think you set up your own Youtube channel!
+1
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
AudiDude wrote: .... The above pics I posted was of my first time making sausages and I will be doing it more often because it was easy (with the right tools) and fun. I had no help, it was just me and the appliances.
Seeing that you use tandoori spice, next time try with garlic, onion, cilantro and in powder form cardamon, cinnamon and clove.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Grilled ribeye steak with sautéed mushrooms and grilled asparagus.

Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Ladies and Gents, let me kick off the 2016 BBQ Season's postings in this thread! Today we broke out the grill and in my excitement I somewhat overcommitted on a 2" thick prime rib steak from Rowe Farms. I have to say it was absolutely delicious, mouth-wateringly juicy and almost too satisfying...

Photo #1:

Photo #2:

Photo #3:
- casual gastronomist -
Dec 2, 2006
514 posts
640 upvotes
Ottawa
Very nice!
Jucius Maximus wrote: Ladies and Gents, let me kick off the 2016 BBQ Season's postings in this thread! Today we broke out the grill and in my excitement I somewhat overcommitted on a 2" thick prime rib steak from Rowe Farms. I have to say it was absolutely delicious, mouth-wateringly juicy and almost too satisfying...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2758 posts
858 upvotes
Whitby
My new set up - gas grill, old gas grill converted to charcoal and new kamodo. My wife told me I needed to get rid of one but haven't yet....

Only cooked on the kamodo 2 times now - getting use to how little charcoal it takes to maintain temp. Today did a chicken with apple wood and chimichuri sauce at the end.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
raymondly wrote: My new set up - gas grill, old gas grill converted to charcoal and new kamodo. My wife told me I needed to get rid of one but haven't yet....

Only cooked on the kamodo 2 times now - getting use to how little charcoal it takes to maintain temp. Today did a chicken with apple wood and chimichuri sauce at the end.
Wow. That looks delish.
Oct 10, 2004
919 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
raymondly, that looks nice. Tough choice on which one to get rid of. Do you make your own chimichuri?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2758 posts
858 upvotes
Whitby
velomane wrote: raymondly, that looks nice. Tough choice on which one to get rid of. Do you make your own chimichuri?
Fortunately I work for a company that makes an amazing chimichuri. Otherwise I would make my own.
Next weekend I will be following AudiDudes lead and making sausages. Turkey - thinking traditional thanksgiving meaning turkey, cranberries, sage stuffing, and smoke.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
raymondly wrote: Fortunately I work for a company that makes an amazing chimichuri. Otherwise I would make my own.
Where can I obtain some of this amazing chimichuri? Is it available for retail purchase?
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I usually bring my lunch to work and I prefer to cook for several days in advance...

BBQ'd chicken photo:
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3803 posts
635 upvotes
Leuven
Jucius Maximus wrote: I usually bring my lunch to work and I prefer to cook for several days in advance...
Nice. Been getting 2-3 chickens from a market here for 10$, cooking them on Sunday and using the leftovers throughout the week. Great way to have delicious leftovers.
cessnabmw wrote: Leg of lamb and veges :)
Looks great. Leg of lamb is incredible!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3803 posts
635 upvotes
Leuven
Haven't been taking pictures of my food for a long time, but just did ~6lbs of jerky for Canada Day weekend

Was a very basic pepper jerky. Just soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic powder, lots of pepper, and cure. Here it is after 2 days of curing and patted dry.

Hung with toothpicks and about to go in UDS. Can see the very ugly UDS its going into in the back

Smoked with hickory and was in the UDS for around 8 hours. Able to keep it between 140-170 throughout. Couple pics of the finished product. Pictures taken at like 1am so colours a little bit darker than it actually is.

Oct 10, 2004
919 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks for the post, BongoBong. That looks good. What cut of meat did you use?