Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:27 pm
Sep 19, 2013
958 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
STIFanatic wrote: I just found this one on my phone from a few years ago. Father in law was driving at the time and was side swiped by this caravan at Weston just before St.clair. Ended up getting away as it was getting dangerous. We went to the police but they said there was nothing they could do, they said they can't use their resources to investigate this type of incident and to just call our insurance company. We were so pissed, we even gave them the license plate. Toronto police are so useless when it comes to this stuff.

Classic police, literally the most useless human beings on earth
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2016
1158 posts
655 upvotes
STIFanatic wrote: I just found this one on my phone from a few years ago. Father in law was driving at the time and was side swiped by this caravan at Weston just before St.clair. Ended up getting away as it was getting dangerous. We went to the police but they said there was nothing they could do, they said they can't use their resources to investigate this type of incident and to just call our insurance company. We were so pissed, we even gave them the license plate. Toronto police are so useless when it comes to this stuff.

Extremely dangerous driving by both drivers. Adrenaline rush is not an excuse for dangerous chase. I am not sure what you expect the police to do from this information since they don't know who was driving - they can't charge the vehicle owner. However, I am sure he could have got his car fixed at no cost to him by providing this dashcam to the insurance. They have the resources to track the vehicle owner. Not defending the police or the offending driver, just wondering if the claim was forwarded to insurance.

CD
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes

Don't be pissed just be thankful that your FIL didn't get charged with anything.
Jul 24, 2008
225 posts
229 upvotes
This is a while back and if was definitely a lesson for all of us. It just sucks that knowing that someone can do this and get away with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2016
1158 posts
655 upvotes
STIFanatic wrote: This is a while back and if was definitely a lesson for all of us. It just sucks that knowing that someone can do this and get away with it.
If your FIL claimed via insurance, the result may have been slightly different. His car may have been repaired and if the insurance successfully tracked the license plate and the driver, they might also get penalized by their own insurance company. No loss to him and the peep would pay for his mistake. Unless ofcourse your FIL had issues with his insurance coverage.

CD
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
3380 posts
6373 upvotes
YEG/YYZ

Your username STIFanatic and a 1998 Dodge Gran Caravan outran you?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
3380 posts
6373 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Saw this today around 1PM going to Terminal 1 and 3. No dashcam unfortunately (parent's car).

Highway 409 westbound, was going to change lanes when a white BMW blew past me probably going 150. No big deal, wasn't even a close call, but very aggressive/wreckless. 15 seconds later I hear a long honk, white BMW is stopped in the left lane infront of a blue sedan, and a passenger in the white BMW gets out and starts walking towards the blue car.

Wonder if the white BMW was chasing a hit and run... Or just some Russel Crowe Unhinged shit over road rage. People in the GTA are truly miserable to risk their life stopping and getting out their car in the left lane of a 400 series highway...
Mar 30, 2007
507 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto

Caught this on my dashcam last week. I gave a copy of the video to the suv driver who was really grateful.
Sep 19, 2013
958 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
kashman wrote:

Caught this on my dashcam last week. I gave a copy of the video to the suv driver who was really grateful.
How are the UFO sightings around this time of year?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19242 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Nfsryder wrote: How are the UFO sightings around this time of year?
Up in the sky! Is it a bird? It is a plane? No, it's ...

Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
You should adjust your dash cam lower, its pointed WAY to high, you are lucky you even caught that.

kashman wrote:

Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19242 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Original Posted last year March 2022:
chimaican wrote: It kinds of look like the start of a police chase after a SUV with an attached camper. The SUV w/ camper is seen at the beginning of the video overtaking in the center median. Shortly after it seems to be followed by a black unmarked cruiser who flashes it's lights to get through the intersection, followed by a marked cruiser, and then finally 2 more (black unmarked pick-up & a marked cruiser) with full lights & sirens.

AcidBomber wrote:
That explains why this camper was abandoned in the middle of the road and blocked Warden/Steeles with a flat tire.

EDIT: actually looks like all the tires are flat on the SUV + camper... haha
AcidBomber wrote:
It was right outside the TD bank on Warden. The tires were flat, I guess it must have ran over curbs or a spike belt.
tew wrote: I can't tell from the video if the SUV has flat tires are not. Yeah no reasonable person would drive on flats. Are you sure the camper came unhooked? They could have stopped and unhooked it themselves. Was the tongue on the ground/camper not level or was the camper level after being unhooked?
Even though it was 9mths ago, I guess we now officially have an answer. It was a police chase. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Posted on YRP Twitter for one of the videos of the year for 2022.

Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9648 posts
3950 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: Caught this on the way home today.

It kinds of look like the start of a police chase after a SUV with an attached camper. The SUV w/ camper is seen at the beginning of the video overtaking in the center median. ....
Camper? Isn't that a "caravan"?

If someone said to me they saw a camper, I would have pictured a camper van such as a VW Camper Van or a converted Sprinter.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11770 upvotes
GTA
Jimbobs wrote: Camper? Isn't that a "caravan"?

If someone said to me they saw a camper, I would have pictured a camper van such as a VW Camper Van or a converted Sprinter.
Caravan is the British term. Camper is another term for a trailer in the US and Canada. We use both terms here but I think mostly the one from the US.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9648 posts
3950 upvotes
Toronto
tew wrote: Caravan is the British term. Camper is another term for a trailer in the US and Canada. We use both terms here but I think mostly the one from the US.
I learned something new today!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
FT.jpg
Happened today Jan 25 @ Trafalgar/401E.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19242 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Avatar wrote: FT.jpgHappened today Jan 25 @ Trafalgar/401E.
But not a video. Slightly Smiling Face
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Sep 15, 2020
239 posts
277 upvotes
chimaican wrote: That's crazy!!!
That being said, your FIL should have been charged with dangerous driving! That video shows very aggressive driving by your FIL that could have ended in a collision. He went into the oncoming lanes (on a blind bend) and then ran that red light. What if that pedestrian with the baby stroller had decided to cross? No excuse to drive like that even if one gets hit by a hit'n'run
TBH I would give chase until i am sure my camera gets a clear shot of the licence, then I would back off. Nothing you can do about it, the runners don't get penalized for it anyway. You are only doing this to protect yourself from insurance (paying deductible on hit-and-run with no licence info).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)