Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:27 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
BMW doesn't need lanes

Accident on the DVP (Accord vs ?M3)
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
Euphoric wrote: are you going to cry?

My skill level is clearly above yours. We can meet at shannonville or mosport this season if you woud like some pointers.
lol

you probably don't own a car.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1863 posts
344 upvotes
Woodbridge
daivey wrote: lol

you probably don't own a car.
So I take it you wont be at the track to show me how its done? darn, I was really looking forward to you showing me what to do.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Dec 13, 2011
892 posts
86 upvotes
cam1982 wrote: 73 feet = 22 meters.

If your car goes 57Khm. Can't stop from 57 to 0 in 10m. You should consider checking the brake.
A+ I was going to say the same thing. He didn't even try to brake, and she stayed there so he could avoid, but instead he hits her dead on. dudh
--------------------------------
:evil:
Spam:irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
CoolDudeClan wrote: Lol that's what I meant by "that user". I know it was originally posted here. :)

I was wondering if the fact that it made front page of reddit had been mentioned.
Oops, my bad. No the gif hasn't been posted yet. Kinda crazy it got 4000 upvotes.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
zzzz24 wrote: lol even though he came back into your lane, it seemed like he had a lot of space to do so. did you honk or something? wonder why that would tick him off that much to do that.
I honk the *** out of him, the reason he had so much space is because I slammed the brakes and almost got rear ended myself.

Didn't feel like uploading the rear dashcam.

Btw I was going really fast.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
Super_Chicken wrote: Did this guy not have his seatbelt on? how can you pull that kind of lean out of the car so fast lol.

Also: in before the guy who caught the truck tumbling over on the 401 today.
Probably not, he even turned off his engine.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5731 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
[QUOTE]A+ I was going to say the same thing.[/QUOTE]

From Aliens "did iqs just drop sharply while i was away"?

Even simpler.....2 cars + the space between them is around 50', so .2 of a second to identify the problem and react(pretty damn quick)....you've gone 10', the braking distance from that speed it around 63'........don't care if his timing(or yours) is perfect, you wouldn't have been able to stop.
--------------------------------------------------------------
HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
Euphoric wrote: So I take it you wont be at the track to show me how its done? darn, I was really looking forward to you showing me what to do.
Okay, cool guy.. calm down. We get it, you do 200 in your Civic with a fartcan exhaust, massive wing, and 17inch chrome rims. Don't forget the 30HP per JDM sticker! You're a superstar. A professional driver. We are all inferior to you. Please don't race me bro you'll embarrass me.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Did anyone get any dashcam footage of that 401/404 truck rollover or something that the news has been talking about?
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
MayorOfToronto wrote: Okay, cool guy.. calm down. We get it, you do 200 in your Civic with a fartcan exhaust, massive wing, and 17inch chrome rims. Don't forget the 30HP per JDM sticker! You're a superstar. A professional driver. We are all inferior to you. Please don't race me bro you'll embarrass me.
It's commical. Even if he can drive well in a track enviroment, that has nothing to do with following the rules of the road and proper road safety procedure. So I don't even understand where his posts about "racing" him on the track come from nor do I understand how it correlates to road safety.

And it's also funny that his posts all stem from me saying that "swerving" is bad advice - which it is. You are taught to not swerve. The reason is because you do not know what is in your blind spot. If you actually swerve to miss a head on colision, but CUT someone off in the process and get into an accident, you went from being NOT at fault, to being AT FAULT.

So again, I have no clue how "pro race car driving" has to do with following road safety rules for daily driving.

One last point, I doubt that Euphoric even owns a car. His posts are akin to a basement dweller.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1863 posts
344 upvotes
Woodbridge
The point was for you to show me your amazing wheeling skills in a safe and controlled environment(at the track). OR we can meet up at Pacmall and you can show me your deer in a headlight abilities.

Swerving to avoid a head on collision is almost ALWAYS the answer. wtf. a head on collision? damn right I will swerve. IF someone is in my blind spot(which I would be aware of because Im paying attention and aware of my surroundings)...oh well. Miles better than being involved in a head on collision. Did you even read what you wrote? Do you even understand how dangerous a head on collision is?

Who teaches you not to swerve? You have road space. Use it. bloody ridiculous. Shred your license please.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
1bagger wrote: Let me guess . New Canadian truck driver .
It was a 21 year old Brampton driver. Good thing is no one was seriously injured.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2011
1161 posts
113 upvotes
Kitchener
LoveRFD wrote: It was a 21 year old Brampton driver. Good thing is no one was seriously injured.
I totally agree .
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
Euphoric wrote: The point was for you to show me your amazing wheeling skills in a safe and controlled environment(at the track). OR we can meet up at Pacmall and you can show me your deer in a headlight abilities.

Swerving to avoid a head on collision is almost ALWAYS the answer. wtf. a head on collision? damn right I will swerve. IF someone is in my blind spot(which I would be aware of because Im paying attention and aware of my surroundings)...oh well. Miles better than being involved in a head on collision. Did you even read what you wrote? Do you even understand how dangerous a head on collision is?

Who teaches you not to swerve? You have road space. Use it. bloody ridiculous. Shred your license please.
sigh

a head on collision such as the one the video was about. E.G. the front of your car hits a car. e.g. like the op. e.g. FRONTAL collision.
I never posted saying im pro... you did.

anyway enough of you. blocked. good luck swerving.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)