• Oct 20th, 2020 11:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto

Post your airline refunds/ chargeback/insurance reimbursement here

Got an email from Vueling today that they've processed a refund for a flight within Spain. Happy about that.

Still waiting for the one from Lufthansa.
268 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3192 posts
1794 upvotes
Edmonton
WestJet credit card insurance denied. Waiting on chargeback status.
Apr 9, 2007
112 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary NW
got full refunds for everything I booked through Travelocity and FlightHub directly through them. Only took ~2 days for money back on my card from Travelocity, but ~2 weeks and a lot of annoyance from FlightHub
Feb 27, 2011
108 posts
71 upvotes
In-laws were supposed to visit next month from overseas. Tickets were on United (in economy). I wasn't able to cancel online, so had to call their reservation centre. The agent initially offered us a 24 month travel credit on United. I pushed back a bit (politely), as 3 of their 4 flights were already cancelled. The agent then called her "refund department", who confirmed she could offer us a full refund. United's call back feature also made the waiting process pretty painless.

The in-laws also had US domestic flights booked on Delta and AA. Both were "basic economy" fares, so they were only offered travel credits.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3192 posts
1794 upvotes
Edmonton
lurker07 wrote: got full refunds for everything I booked through Travelocity and FlightHub directly through them. Only took ~2 days for money back on my card from Travelocity, but ~2 weeks and a lot of annoyance from FlightHub
Need more info. What did you book, flight (which airline), vacation package, etc.?
Jan 30, 2017
652 posts
71 upvotes
Booked a trip for my wife, 2 kids and my mother and father in-law. Our flight was for July 8th for 3 weeks. Tap will start to fly twice a week to Lisbon from Toronto starting July, but my flight there was changed to accommodate their flight schedule and because of that they allowed me either a refund/ voucher of 125% of the value or a free change. I’m pretty happy with the outcome.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1641 posts
208 upvotes
East York, ON
Last edited by MrDisco on May 30th, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined the posts
[external link removed, do not repost]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1641 posts
208 upvotes
East York, ON
Airline and CC bullshit all the way
These guys simply don't give a shit about us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AirPass ... 8055588750

This guy bought a ticket on May 4th and the CC still trying to argue with him on vouchers vs refund
WT. , at that time COVID was not an "unforeseen reason" as the guy noted
This clearly shows us that consumer protection is a bad joke
[external link removed, do not repost]
Dec 21, 2010
218 posts
129 upvotes
Call me lucky I was able to get full refund on AC early March before the CTA ruling and full refund on UA after the DOT ruling.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
lpin14 wrote: Got an email from Vueling today that they've processed a refund for a flight within Spain. Happy about that.

Still waiting for the one from Lufthansa.
You'll probably need to do a chargeback for Lufthansa. You will wait a long time to receive anything from LH
Mar 26, 2018
51 posts
144 upvotes
I had a trip with Sunwing booked April 5th. I got a refund through TD chargeback about 1.5 months ago and have heard nothing since. I do not know yet if the file is closed or if Sunwing is still fighting for the charge to be reinstated. Fingers crossed though, I have to be getting near the deadline for them to argue back.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1733 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
Had a vacation booked to Japan planned for last Easter via EVA air. Was booked via Expedia as it was actually around $300 cheaper than booking via the airline directly. When the pandemic hit, the airline offered full refunds as long as the flight was cancelled. Mine was about a month before. Eva required me to contact the TA directly since I didn’t book with them. Expedia could not be reached until 72 hrs before the flight and the online self service only offered a voucher that had to be used by Nov 1, 2020 (not a typo). Yet EVA clearly offered a full refund on their site.

When I was finally able to get a hold of Expedia, they still insisted that a voucher was my only option. They said that they will need to contact EVA and asked me to call back later. Then when I called back they said they couldn’t reach EVA, so I gave them the public number I used to call them which had minimal hold times. Finally that worked and they were able to get the waiver code to process the refund. I received it back to my card within 3 days.

Lesson learned: never again will I book via a travel agency. Avoid the middleman, less headaches.
2nd lesson learned: Remember the airlines like WestJet, AC, Air transat, etc... that have not honoured their own initial T&Cs or don’t want to go by government regulations and just looking for excuses. I WILL book next spring’s trip to Japan via EVA again, no doubt.
Celebrating 17+ years on RFD!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: You'll probably need to do a chargeback for Lufthansa. You will wait a long time to receive anything from LH
I have a charge-back in progress as well. When, I called Lufthansa last week, they told me I had a date of May 29 associated to my case and they thought it may be the refund date. However, when I called on May 29, I couldn't get through to them.

Just got through with Lufthansa and they're telling me that the credit will be issued in 2 weeks. Let's see if they honor their statement.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1995 posts
184 upvotes
Had domestic tickets for Aug from Toronto to Vancouver. They were award tickets via Amex.

AC changed the schedule by 1hr and Amex agent asked me if I wanted refund without me even asking. It was done immediately.

My flight booked directly through AC from Toronto to San Francisco. First agent I talked to said they would get offline team to refund due to schedule change ... 2 weeks turnaround. However it never happened. Called again twice since and outbound flight also canceled. No refunds. Submitted DOT complaint few weeks back... but haven't heard back yet... Hopefully they can push ac for the refund
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
Refund from Vueling came through today. I also did a chargeback which will need to be reversed.