• Aug 20th, 2022 11:11 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Went chasing after some Canada Geese last night. I'll show them who the real a-hole is.
There's a Partridge family that wanders back and forth between our property and my neighbor's all the way around, but anytime I get close with my drone, they scurry into the bush.

Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1166 posts
166 upvotes
cliffclaven wrote: Went chasing after some Canada Geese last night. I'll show them who the real a-hole is.
There's a Partridge family that wanders back and forth between our property and my neighbor's all the way around, but anytime I get close with my drone, they scurry into the bush.

lol, I try hard to avoid any flying creatures. They can do some serious damaging to your drone.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
lucci wrote: lol, I try hard to avoid any flying creatures. They can do some serious damaging to your drone.
It made me nervous. I don’t yet have the spatial awareness of drone flying to get away quickly. If they rushed me I probably would have dunked in the water by mistake.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Here's a near miss of Telco lines while using the "Quickshot" feature of the Mavic Mini. Whoops.

Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
got some corona time to myself away from the family... enjoying free flight

Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Been taking advantage of the beautiful NS weather lately.

Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
lucci wrote: Captured some fog from earlier this years, and other scenes from Toronto.
Very cool and some beautiful scenery.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
First time out in a long while - dusting off the gear!

Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2547 posts
1902 upvotes
GTA
lucci wrote: Captured some fog from earlier this years, and other scenes from Toronto.
Great work!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2547 posts
1902 upvotes
GTA
I'm looking to get into aerial photography. Are there any budget drone that are recommended?

I'd love to get the Mavic Mini, but it's out of my price range.
Jan 13, 2017
25 posts
10 upvotes

Nice shots!! Did you experience any wifi connection issues when shooting in the city?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1166 posts
166 upvotes
jsfcheung wrote: Nice shots!! Did you experience any wifi connection issues when shooting in the city?
I lose connection quite a bit in the city, and always have to be mindful of properly setting the return-to-home height just in case I get disconnected.

It's the reason why I'm seriously considering upgrading to ocusync, but then again, I probably wouldn't fly in the city as often with a full sized drone.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
jimmy-j wrote: First time out in a long while - dusting off the gear!

thats awesome. I wanna get into FPV in the future. How long did it take you to develop those flying skills?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
thanks! you can learn quickly nowadays. so many sims available that connect to a full size transmitter - practice without being scared to break your gear!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)