Home & Garden

Pot lights in condo concrete ceiling

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2019 9:28 pm
[OP]
Aug 5, 2019
2 posts

Pot lights in condo concrete ceiling

I would like to have pot lights installed in my concrete ceiling, ant suggestions? I am willing to have my ceilings lowered if necessary. Does anyone know who cold do this work in the Bronte/Oakville area? Any idea of a cost?
8 replies
Mar 8, 2016
177 posts
34 upvotes
Make sure to use 2x2 and construction adhesive to attach to ceiling at 16 inch on Center. Then use 5/16 tap cons to secure to concrete ceiling. When installing drywall use some glue just cause it will be better and then you should be able to fit slim line led potlightsnin the 2 inch gap.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1320 posts
188 upvotes
Grimsby
.... and advise the neighbours upstairs when you actually start this project if using the Tapcons or other noise making device :)
Dec 7, 2007
4971 posts
18699 upvotes
Toronto
Aziz3975 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2019 8:29 pm
Make sure to use 2x2 and construction adhesive to attach to ceiling at 16 inch on Center. Then use 5/16 tap cons to secure to concrete ceiling. When installing drywall use some glue just cause it will be better and then you should be able to fit slim line led potlightsnin the 2 inch gap.
You'll need to drill through each 2x2 to run your romex.

What kind of spotlight has a 1 1/2" depth only? Got a link?
Just drop it with metal framing.

OP
How big is the area that you want to cover?
[OP]
Aug 5, 2019
2 posts
I think you have misunderstood me. I do not want to do the job myself as I am 79 years. I am looking
for someone who does this kind of work in the Oakville/Bronte area, any suggestions.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
6595 posts
2965 upvotes
Paris
MTommy wrote:
Aug 7th, 2019 6:26 pm

What kind of spotlight has a 1 1/2" depth only? Got a link?
Just drop it with metal framing.
I did a trip down the electrical aisle at depot recently looking for a particular ceiling fan and was really surprised at the new LEDs. Some looked like they barely went through the drywalls. No idea how they light.
For sale: Ego 56V 5aH batteries, BNIB
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ego-law ... h-2294293/
Mar 8, 2016
177 posts
34 upvotes
I get my potlights from Jenco electric $10 each. But the prices range a bit depending on wattage, diameter. They are called slim line, the box is like a inch and quarter and all you do is drill the hole in drywall, wire connection in its box and then hook up the led light to it. If you check amazon they have “slim line potlights” aswell.
Mar 30, 2006
396 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Sure. Please check your messages.
Licensed Electrical Contractor
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1235 posts
297 upvotes
Brampton
Why don't you get track lights. I installed them when I lived in condo and looked great. You can even direct the light better on walls rather than having light fall vertically on floor.