• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2005 7:03 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 21, 2004
98 posts
Toronto

Potluck question.

Is it ok to bring fruits in a potluck? Like different fruits in a fruit basket. I was planning to make a fruit salad but I feel lazy now. Thanks. By the way the potluck is tonight.
19 replies
Oct 4, 2004
380 posts
Markham, ON
Chongkee wrote:Is it ok to bring fruits in a potluck? Like different fruits in a fruit basket. I was planning to make a fruit salad but I feel lazy now. Thanks. By the way the potluck is tonight.

you mean just the fruit itself in the basket ... and people just pick up whatever they like and eat it???

If you wanna make salad there is one easy way to do it ... only chop out the apple and mix w/ can fruit + corn!!! that's taste really good

or you can made cesar salad ... just buy some lettuce or romanine and cut it into smaller pieces then mix w/ the salad dressing!!

or worse come to worse ... buy those salad at supermarket ... salad is in a bucket ...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
thats the thing with potluck, anything is fine.

i think a fruit salad would be a lot better. chances are no one is going to grab a big piece of fruit and eat it.
That's my 2cents worth
Jan 21, 2004
98 posts
Toronto
Keelie wrote:chances are no one is going to grab a big piece of fruit and eat it.

Yeah that's going to be the scenario. Thanks all maybe I'll just buy cake at the grocery.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1885 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
Fruit is okay. Pre-made potato salad from the "to go" counter works too.

Don't worry if you're contribution is "inadequate"; remember Quanta's Rule on Potlucks: Someone always brings a bucket of KFC.
How I try to save money: Koodo Mobile $29 30GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / TopCashback / Wealthsimple Mastercard / EQ Bank Mastercard
Jan 21, 2004
98 posts
Toronto
It was on Saturday. Thanks all for replying.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
Chongkee wrote:It was on Saturday. Thanks all for replying.

I hate the people who bring chips and pop. Those are the laziest people. Good that you were thinking of fruit.
Banned
Mar 22, 2005
281 posts
Bringing fruits is a great idea in the way that lots of people eat fruit because of it's nutrition value. It's also a good idea because more than likely no one else would bring it. However you would be looked upon as a cheap lazy ass.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
Bababooey wrote:Bringing fruits is a great idea in the way that lots of people eat fruit because of it's nutrition value. It's also a good idea because more than likely no one else would bring it. However you would be looked upon as a cheap lazy ass.

Bringing fruit straight from the grocer may be lazy, but cutting it up for fruit salad is always the hit at the potluck. I usually do that, with mangos, canteloupe, honeydew, blueberries. Always a crowd pleaser.

But if you bring apples, oranges, bananas, you'll find people gravitating to the chips and pop instead.
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
pop/chips makes u look cheap.... fruit salad on the other is cheap but time consuming...

...and it will be finished.
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
CSR wrote:pop/chips makes u look cheap.... fruit salad on the other is cheap but time consuming...

...and it will be finished.
i dont consider fruit salad to be cheap... where are you buying your fruit???
That's my 2cents worth
Nov 20, 2002
873 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
Keelie wrote:i dont consider fruit salad to be cheap... where are you buying your fruit???
Yeah that was said twice in this thread and I agree, fruit salad could be one of the more $$ things at a potluck. I have to say that it is relatively easy, but I think that it is something that would be appreciated by most.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
mrlarouc wrote:Yeah that was said twice in this thread and I agree, fruit salad could be one of the more $$ things at a potluck. I have to say that it is relatively easy, but I think that it is something that would be appreciated by most.

exacto-mundo!!!

My fruit salads always get finished. I make a huge punch bowl.

okay mangos $2.00 a pound, need at least 3 to 4
canteloupe 1.49 a pound one will do
honeydew 2.49 a pound one will do
strawberries 1.99 a pound two pounds is nice
blueberries. 3.99 a pound (expensive this time of year. - leave out or add frozen !)
kiwi 3 for 1.00 need at least 6
watermelon .49 a pound, need smallest one, at say 6 pounds?

Granted you could find the exact same fruit at much cheaper prices, but hey, you usually don't think of shopping around for these things like you do computer parts.