• Oct 12th, 2014 6:31 pm
[OP]
Jan 23, 2014
50 posts
32 upvotes

POWERBANK solar 30 000 mAh Tinydeal + fs 15,31

Deal Link:
Price:
Look like a decent deal, review look good. Some say it's actualy 17000 mAh but still a good deal. And 2.1 A output that good

Product Features:
30000 mAh portable solar charger power bank w/ adapters
Solar panel: 1.5W
Capacity (mAh): 30000mAh
Input 5V-1A
Output1: 5V 1A
Output1: 5V-2.1A
Compatible with: iPhone, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, xiaomi, etc
Size: 120 x 75 x 20 mm/ 4.72 x 2.95 x 0.79 inch
Net Weight: 60 g / 2.12 oz
We provide different colors for your choice
Product Specifications:
Capacité: 30000mAh
Couleur: Noir, Rouge, Or, Bleu, Argent, Violet
Type: Solaire
Caractéristiques: Dual USB, Lampe de Poche
Tension de Sortie: 5.0 V
Courant de Sortie: 1.0 A, 2.1A
Tension d'Entrée: 5.0 V
Courant d'Entrée: 1.0 A
Matériel de Coque: Métal
14 replies
Apr 22, 2009
219 posts
67 upvotes
I am unsure how this is a good deal. The solar panel is 1.5 W. So at 5V it charges at 0.3A. Lets say you had it charging the internal batteries for 8 hours a day with optimal conditions it would take you 12.5 days to fully charge the internal battery. A 1.5 W panel is just not large enough if you actually want to use Solar power to charge your devices.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2014
50 posts
32 upvotes
Yea but I think that you can charge via the wall also
Apr 22, 2009
219 posts
67 upvotes
If you are just going to charge from the wall doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a solar powered battery bank? The solar panel on this thing is going to be pretty useless. If you actually need the solar panels to work I would stay far away from this thing. And if you are using it just because of the Ah of the thing I would suggest just getting a smaller rechargeable battery bank.
Jun 6, 2007
94 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Couple of points from the above video:
- 2x2400 mAh battery packs at 3.7V = 4800 mAh - not the 30,000 mAh claimed on the back.
- tp4056 lithium charger chip.
- the 4 leds waste power.
- The video maker's experience is 25% charge per day in direct sunlight.
- - - 4800/4=1200 mAh
- - - A Moto G has a 2070 mAh, 3.8V battery (according to this post in AnandTech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7586/moto ... g-review/3)
- - - 1200/2070 = .58 so roughly you would get a half charge.

Pretty good for emergencies as long as its not cloudy.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1376 posts
380 upvotes
Ottawa
Tinydeal? No thanks...got burned already, PayPal saved my a$$.
Lucky if this is 5000mAh....and I agree, the solar panel will do nothing to charge it.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Nov 25, 2010
50 posts
37 upvotes
Tinydeals = no deals

I've made three separate orders a few weeks apart and received nothing, nada... Of course they strung me along saying just wait another week.... We will resend etc ....until it was too late for PayPal to help and then they told me quite frankly... Too bad.

Don't waste your money with these crooks... Try and find it on DX.com ... They at least send the stuff!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9918 posts
1270 upvotes
FlyGuy007 wrote: Tinydeals = no deals

I've made three separate orders a few weeks apart and received nothing, nada... Of course they strung me along saying just wait another week.... We will resend etc ....until it was too late for PayPal to help and then they told me quite frankly... Too bad.

Don't waste your money with these crooks... Try and find it on DX.com ... They at least send the stuff!
Bro, DX is the same. Check out the xiaomi thread, lots of people didn't receive their batteries and ended up filing a PP dispute. Any overseas China-based company is the same with respect to batteries.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2522 posts
1043 upvotes
Burnaby
FlyGuy007 wrote: Tinydeals = no deals

good rule of thumb. if it doesnt arrive on time. file a claim immediately. you can always cancel the claim without issues to either party, but you cant do jack if your protection period expires.

NEVER let them get away with "wait one more week please"

ive been burnt before being the nice guy.
Jun 3, 2013
160 posts
119 upvotes
If you don't want to wait and would like a reliable 10400mah Powerbank, then this deal at NCIX is the way to go: http://www.ncix.com/detail/adata-power- ... 6-1382.htm

I've had this for 4 months now, and it works perfectly. I am able to charge my galaxy tab 2 (7.0) twice and my nexus 4 about 5 times. If you have an NCIX location in your city, do in-store pickup to save on shipping. It's worth the few extra bucks to not have to deal with overseas brokers/warranties/returns. BTW, the brushed metallic finish is awesome.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32402 posts
14044 upvotes
ahjgta wrote: Couple of points from the above video:
- 2x2400 mAh battery packs at 3.7V = 4800 mAh - not the 30,000 mAh claimed on the back.
LOL it's amazing how these no-name/off-brand "China-made-specials" end up exaggerating capacity by such an incredible amount. I was going to say "LOL 30Ah? more like 3,000mAh" but I guess it's at least better than that. However knowing that good ol' cheap China-made cells with low/no QC usually yield less capacity than stated themselves, it's probably more around 4,000mAh in reality I'm thinking.

I guess they just play on the fact that most people do know that "higher mAh" = more charge/run time but don't actually know how capacity is calculated or determined. The weight is also another giveaway but again most people don't understand power/capacity density of different battery chemistries so they don't pay attention to stuff like that. So, these "companies" just plaster any ridiculously stupid amount on there. I mean why buy a quality, name-brand pack at ~$30 that's around 5,000mAh when you can have such a "wonderful" pack like this that's "6 times" the capacity for a fraction of the price? LMAO :lol:

I mean c'mon I can see them calling this 6,000 or even 8,000 mAh which is still greatly exaggerated but at least in the same dimension as its real capacity. But 30,000mAh??? Seriously? That's an entire order of magnitude off, in an entirely different realm, and so inflated these clowns should be jailed. I mean this is the equivalent of buying an HT receiver that claims 2,000W x 7 or something, lol. Or buying a stock/factory Honda Civic with them telling you it has "1500hp". Like c'mon, thirty thousand mAh??? Really? Ugh.

This thing is garbage that belongs in the garbage can (and unfortunately where a lot of people will probably put them, including the LiIon cells :( when they stop working). Please, FTLOG, don't buy junk directly from China and similar, just to put in our landfills here. :(
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2522 posts
1043 upvotes
Burnaby
^^ if you're gonna make a fake product, may as well go big! XD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)