• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 12:25 pm
[OP]
Jan 8, 2007
575 posts
228 upvotes
Edmonton

Powerline Internet kit

Anyone what the best deal is for a powerline internet kit? I've tried several range extenders to no avail.

I'm thinking my best bet is to use power line internet to run the signal to another router to extend to the top of my three story home.

Looking for the best deal.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2171 posts
1648 upvotes
Powerlines don't work for all homes. Depending on how your home is wired, it's YMMV.

I would suggest you look at places with hassle free returns (amazon/BB etc) and find the best deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2171 posts
1648 upvotes
Amazon warehouse has the TPL AV2000. Which is reviewed as one of the best, also the one I'm using. I'm on 75/10 and get the same speed on the Powerline to my Torrent machine in the basement.

LINK
[OP]
Jan 8, 2007
575 posts
228 upvotes
Edmonton
That's the one I purchased and works like a champ. Did exactly what I needed it for. I bought another Dlink one (DHP-601AV) that simply wouldn't connect, but the TP-Link one auto connected to each other and hasn't dropped out even once.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.