Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Powershop weekend at The Bay (Dec 10-12)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2004 11:12 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4061 posts
1562 upvotes
dischick wrote:Yup, I can confirm that it was CRAZY at WEM. We entered through The Bay and I had to use the restrooms on the 2nd floor. We noticed a lot of people just HOVERING over a huge "mound" wrapped in brown paper. Ends up we were at the chocolate line. And it was CRAZY, people were pushing and part of the table even COLLAPSED. Not pretty.
Some women are like crazy, they leaped over the sale table as if they wanted it all for themselves whether it's chocolate, socks, perfume or any other things on sale. Some teenagers told me they were pushed, shoved, and stepped all over by these middle-age and old women. I saw some men were terrified by these nutty women. They waited til the women walked away before venturing near the sale table. And it's just chocolate people, what are they going to do, stuff themselves with chocolate on Christmas day??? When the cashiers said there is a limit of 3 bags of chocolate per person, some women would not let other people have them, these women make their families members and friends buy the chocolate for them.
Banned
Oct 28, 2004
301 posts
Damn, I would have loved the camera for 10$ and 2$ socks, oh well, my loss.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2057 posts
37 upvotes
It was stupid of The Bay to have the sale on Friday when most shoppers don't even receive the flyers until Friday or later. :evil: Had I read about the clock specials, I would have joined those other "nutty RFD women" terrorize other shoppers! ;)
heartofgold wrote:Damn, I would have loved the camera for 10$ and 2$ socks, oh well, my loss.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4061 posts
1562 upvotes
eBuddy wrote:Had I read about the clock specials, I would have joined those other "nutty RFD women" terrorize other shoppers! ;)
:lol: I think The Bay had the sales on Friday because in some malls, it's the Moonlight Madness sale. It's Moonlight Madness again next friday so I think The Bay will probably have more sales. If I get a flyer before Friday, I'll post the deals.
Jun 25, 2004
309 posts
70 upvotes
nounou23 wrote:I was there tonight and was able to get 5 digital camera .. there was only 25 available... There was praticaly no one there for the special. I was suprised.. the camera a kinda neat. they are those kind of pen cam.. makes a little digi cam + web cam.. I had 10% off since I used my HBC credit card + 10% off because it was my first purchase.
How's the quality on it? I got a mini-camera off eBay and returned it once I tried it out. The pictures were terribly blurry even when I wasn't holding the camera.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2348 posts
196 upvotes
Ottawa
Absolute wrote:Arg! Should have gone to Rideau :) Sweet deal!
Seriously! I ended up at Bayshore (closer to home) due to the bad road conditions on Friday... Only $0.01?! Best deal ever! :)
suziecute wrote:I was shopping with my friend and we came 5 minutes late for the Ferrero Rocher and they were all gone. They also put the Lindt Lindor chocolate on sale and you can mix and match the two brands. There were some women carrying like 12, 15 or more bags of chocolate. I was able to get 3 because they limit them to 3 per person at the check-out. People told me they were like stepping all over each other for the chocolate, holy cow, so glad I came 5 minutes late.

The best deal of the night were the men's socks. They were regularly $7 and on sale for $1.99. There were cotton, wool, nylon socks all for $1.99 each. I bought the wool kind for my dad and grandpa, mix of 60% wool and 40% nylon, much warmer in winter than the cotton socks. I used to buy those wool socks for my dad for at least $5 each pair on sale.
Yeah, there was a nice little snow storm on Friday, so got there 5 minutes late like yourself, and *all* the Ferrero Rocher were gone too. Saw a bunch of people hoarding them. Like you said, there was a 3 per person limit, so what one family did, as the mother and father were paying at the cash, was have their two young sons, probably 4-6 years old, saveguard their stach! :-0

I did manage to get some of the Lindor chocolate specials and the Guylain chocolates. Still a good night's shopping... Didn't see the sale on the socks, though. :(

~V79~

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)