Computers & Electronics

Pre-Black Friday Deals vs Black Friday Deals; is there a difference?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2015 12:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
11 posts
TORONTO

Pre-Black Friday Deals vs Black Friday Deals; is there a difference?

For those of you experienced in component shopping and PC building over the holiday season, could you share some wisdom for newbies like me on the topic above?

I see Newegg and NCIX are advertising pre-black friday sales and I'm wondering if the deals are just as good as you'll get on Nov 27th or should I just wait until then.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2636 posts
848 upvotes
Markham
Ok first of all get your hypes lower, this year is a really BAD year to hope for good deals on components because of the constant weak CAD effect

Pre-black friday sales typically mean meh discounts on a sh!t load of stuff, they are aiming for profit gain, you will save on almost anything but there's little to none best deals or steals. BF or Cyber Monday deals will not be as wide yet because of advertising and competition needs there usually will be a few great deals, but normally on older models of course.

My advice is to be patient, you get the whole holiday season just in front of you and both Newegg and NCIX charge re-stocking fees so buy now think later is not necessarily good idea. If you are already settled about exactly which component to get and they are new models you want to get them as soon as you see deals, on the other hand if you are not sure, wait till BF/CM to see if you can score some great deals on older models and chances are you will see regular deals on new models constantly in the next two months.

Good luck and happy hunting :)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1290 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
Depends what you are looking for. Last year i found better sales pre black friday.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
It's a gamble. If you see a good price for stuff that you need then I'd say go for it. The only major difference for BF is that you might be able to score some doorcrashers if you are willing to get into the line the day before.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10410 posts
1655 upvotes
Toronto
Looking at NCIX, as I check every sale for the featured deals, nothing looks like an amazing deal and seems just like the normal sales. Wallet will probably remain safe for this Black Friday
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26223 posts
6478 upvotes
The difference is the "pre-Black Friday" and "Black November" deals are not deals at all, just regular sales. That's not much better than actual BF "deals" but there will probably be a few things at good discounts on BF...along with all the other junk that no one wants that will be on sale as well, lol.