pre-built gaming PC timelines

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 2:33 pm
[OP]
Feb 22, 2017
375 posts
254 upvotes

pre-built gaming PC timelines

I'm looking for a newer card than my 1070 thanks to crypto that wont happen anytime soon,
so since I haven't had luck just getting card at this point I think ill just do a pre-built and go from there.
so im getting close to MSRP cause I understand scalpers exist but I dont play that game.

so since I didn't see a thread tracking OEM/SI timelines figured I'd start one,

so far dell is quoting me 14th July on a system with ryzen or intel containing a RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 if I order today.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6486 posts
1649 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dell prebuilts are yucky
Dec 2, 2010
372 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto
Keep in mind that the dell prebuilds use the cheapest quality everything in them. There are several other prebuild makers that will at least give you non-proprietary parts.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1400 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Canada Computers and Memory Express have a lot of pre-built systems in stock right now, most of them much better than any Dell pre-built.

I would also choose a Lenovo pre-built over a Dell, they are built with better and more standard components which allow for better upgradability.
[OP]
Feb 22, 2017
375 posts
254 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: dell prebuilts are yucky
Totally agree, I’m just looking for the best of bad options I just expect bad options given the current GPU climate
[OP]
Feb 22, 2017
375 posts
254 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Canada Computers and Memory Express have a lot of pre-built systems in stock right now, most of them much better than any Dell pre-built.

I would also choose a Lenovo pre-built over a Dell, they are built with better and more standard components which allow for better upgradability.
I see Canada computers has a few options, memory express I see littered with 1660s or 3070s the only 3090s I see are two special order High end systems so I can only imagine the wait time is probably just as bad as anyone else,I see no systems with 3080s.

I can’t even see Lenovo listing a 3080 or 3090 system or high-end AMD as an option (with an increased wait time obviously) similar to the others I see a lot of 3070s at best or shilling a bunch of old 20 series or 1660s
I don’t doubt these listings exist maybe they’ve been removed due to lack of stock or maybe I suck at searching?

Either way right now Still trying to weigh my options
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
1404 posts
973 upvotes
Vancouver
Dell comes with warranty. Buy something with good service options, rather than a rando machine from Amazon, where the seller can disclaim responsibility after a month.

CC & ME have enough bad publicity just on this forum and I would not trust them with anything apart from providing help with DOA. Which also I have heard can be a pain, and people have to try diff stores at times.

Nothing beats Dell's next business day support
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop