[OP]
Sep 26, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes

Pre Construction Toronto

WHICH one is the better for long term?

PICS of everything: https://imgur.com/gallery/eR3iFfS

1. Notting Hill Condos - Lanterra Developments

Located at Royal York and Eglington, a few blocks from the upcoming Eglington LRT line. 5ish minutes away from 401/427

$666,900 for 754 sq.ft , 2 bedroom +den corner unit with a sunset view. 16th floor/23th floor. 9 ft. ceilings

Showroom has not opened yet, so I only have the floor plan.

2. thirty six zorra condos - Altree Developements and EllisDon

Located at Kipling and Queensway, direct shuttle service to Kipling Station. Sherway gardens, Ikea, Costco, Walmart, shopping, plenty of restaurants nearby. 15 minutes to downtown by car. Very close to 401/427/QEW/Gardiner. View of sunrise, Downtown Toronto skyline.

*3 future developments might cover view of Toronto skyline.

$647,900 for 658 sq/ ft 2 bed + den unit, 9 ft. ceilings 29th floor/35th floor
6 replies
Dec 16, 2007
36 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
steven2702 wrote: WHICH one is the better for long term?

PICS of everything: https://imgur.com/gallery/eR3iFfS

1. Notting Hill Condos - Lanterra Developments

Located at Royal York and Eglington, a few blocks from the upcoming Eglington LRT line. 5ish minutes away from 401/427

$666,900 for 754 sq.ft , 2 bedroom +den corner unit with a sunset view. 16th floor/23th floor. 9 ft. ceilings

Showroom has not opened yet, so I only have the floor plan.

2. thirty six zorra condos - Altree Developements and EllisDon

Located at Kipling and Queensway, direct shuttle service to Kipling Station. Sherway gardens, Ikea, Costco, Walmart, shopping, plenty of restaurants nearby. 15 minutes to downtown by car. Very close to 401/427/QEW/Gardiner. View of sunrise, Downtown Toronto skyline.

*3 future developments might cover view of Toronto skyline.

$647,900 for 658 sq/ ft 2 bed + den unit, 9 ft. ceilings 29th floor/35th floor

The notting hill is costing about $884/sqft.
36 zorra is about $984/sqft.

Is this for you to live in or Investment?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5189 upvotes
Toronto
cooldew007 wrote:

The notting hill is costing about $884/sqft.
36 zorra is about $984/sqft.

Is this for you to live in or Investment?
Considering you are paying in the mid-high 600s for 2B/2B in garbage areas, I wouldn’t do it. Also those price to square foots suck.

I think it’s too late for these projects. You aren’t getting day 1 pricing. Notting Hill has been out for a while and phase 2 is either out now or out soon. Zorra has been out for at least a month. They have for sure jacked prices since.
Called the bottom.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes
We are also paying a higher floor premium pricing. Floor 11 is $614,900. Floor 29 has a great view of downtown Toronto and the water though, I’m pretty sure it’s worth it
Sep 19, 2019
78 posts
49 upvotes
the 36 zorra looks like a nice model unit. high ceilings, great view, nice appliances too. Area wise there is alot more to do for entertainment, restaurants and shopping on Kipling and Queensway and if you drive to work very convenient location to get downtown and out. Notting Hill is a more queiter area and more family friendly neighborhoods nearby...and close to some multi million dollar homes. I think it has more more upside in terms of investment and resale as older folks might want to stay in the area with all the golf courses and green space. And there is a lot of older condos around Royal York and Eglinton, meaning Notting Hill will hold value as a new development/building in the area.

36 Zorra-unless the future buildings are in process of being sold,, dont worry about the future developments that might block your view..might be a few years away and by then you might not even be there. just find out when the future projects are planned for.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes
Which one would you buy? I’m having a very hard time deciding. I don’t know if i should look at other developments and get first dibs, as I know both of the ones i have been looking for have been out for a month or so. I just want to decide and get it over with