Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Pre-Order Superman 75th Anniversary Stamps - On Sale Sept. 10, 2013

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2014 2:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6374 posts
311 upvotes
GT'eh

[Canada Post] Pre-Order Superman 75th Anniversary Stamps - On Sale Sept. 10, 2013

Price:
$1.63 - 31
More offers from Canada Post

www.canadapost.ca/superman

I don't think this was posted yet for all the superman and comic fans on here. Canada post is taking preorders for Superman 75th Anniversary Canadian stamps and postcards. Not sure where to put this since there is no section for collector stamps.

They had the sheet set as well as all the other items on display @ FanExpo, the sheet set much larger than expected, but still seems like the best value.

CanPost will be selling Superman inspired Stamps, stamp books, postcards and a limited collectors edition uncut press stamp sheet.

Prices range from $1.63 - 47.25.

Could be a great collectors item for superman, comic or stamp collectors.

The price for the uncut press sheet at $24.95 seems reasonable.

The background of the Uncut Press Sheet shows Superman surging through a fiery sky, his superhuman speed and strength on full display!
The 5 stamps below showcase the evolution of Superman’s image throughout 75 years of comic book appearances. The illustrations come from:

•1939: Superman #1, cover drawn by Joe Shuster
•1945: Superman #32, cover drawn by Wayne Boring
•1971: Superman #233, cover drawn by Neal Adams
•2004: Superman #204, interior image drawn by Jim Lee
•2012: Superman Annual #1, cover drawn by Kenneth Rocafort
80 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5106 posts
564 upvotes
in a plane
Nice post - thanks! Ordered 2, hopefully it will double in value so I can sell one and make up for the difference, lol.
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1231 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
thanks OP, place my order too. Just limit 2 for per order, so you can order as many as you want in separately order.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6374 posts
311 upvotes
GT'eh
I'm so tempted to buy 2 of everything, for now I'll hold off and get the sheet set.
Not sure how stamps hold up over time. Any stamp collectors on here ?
Ne0's Bio: ??? not 4 Sale
??? G@mer & t3<hy [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 90's
??? Member of IPTV +Spotify +CarWash groupbuys ???
??? Feedback: ??? eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11434 posts
14708 upvotes
Neovingian wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 5:27 pm
I'm so tempted to buy 2 of everything, for now I'll hold off and get the sheet set.
Not sure how stamps hold up over time. Any stamp collectors on here ?
All modern stamps from most countries are only worth the value as postage. I have been collecting for decades and stamps from the 1950s, 1960s, are still being used for postage.

Stamps are printed in the millions. Anything printed in the millions will not be valuable even if old. The only modern stamps that have value are those that have an error, like missed perforations, inverted designs, or missing colours.

Having said that, the best bet is the uncut Press Sheets because there are only 7500 of them made and there are millions of Superman fans. There is potential for them to go up in value.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4294 posts
133 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought 2 uncut sheets.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7013 posts
1178 upvotes
ordered the uncut sheet... thx.
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8494 upvotes
GTHA
I also could not resist and got 2 sheets.
I will at least put 1 in my safety deposit box and forget about it. :o
sherman51 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 8:24 pm
Couldn't resist, had to get a sheet.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6374 posts
311 upvotes
GT'eh
LonesomeDove wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 6:17 pm
All modern stamps from most countries are only worth the value as postage. I have been collecting for decades and stamps from the 1950s, 1960s, are still being used for postage.

Stamps are printed in the millions. Anything printed in the millions will not be valuable even if old. The only modern stamps that have value are those that have an error, like missed perforations, inverted designs, or missing colours.

Having said that, the best bet is the uncut Press Sheets because there are only 7500 of them made and there are millions of Superman fans. There is potential for them to go up in value.
Thanks for the insight, I may even get another 2 and give one away as a contest prize or a project im working on. Being that its CDN postage I 'm wondering if they would be worth anything in the international markets for the superman fans.

I hope if its delivered by can post they treat it with special care. Now I have to find a sleeve or case to store it in, for those who orederd the uncut sheet are you using? frames? sleeves glass case?
Ne0's Bio: ??? not 4 Sale
??? G@mer & t3<hy [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 90's
??? Member of IPTV +Spotify +CarWash groupbuys ???
??? Feedback: ??? eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11434 posts
14708 upvotes
Neovingian wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 11:59 pm
Thanks for the insight, I may even get another 2 and give one away as a contest prize or a project im working on. Being that its CDN postage I 'm wondering if they would be worth anything in the international markets for the superman fans.

I hope if its delivered by can post they treat it with special care. Now I have to find a sleeve or case to store it in, for those who orederd the uncut sheet are you using? frames? sleeves glass case?
Canada Post send press sheets in those round cardboard mailers; so don't worry as they are well packaged. I've seen many framed press sheets in stamp shops and they look very good. You have to bring them to a framing shop and I recommend a frame with archival backing and ultraviolent protected glass to prevent fading.

I think these Superman press sheets will do very well and may sell out in a few weeks. Superman collectibles are very popular and given the relatively low quantity of 7500 printed, they will go up in price. While they will never sell for thousands of dollars each, I could see them sell for more than $100 per sheet in the future.

Canada is a popular country among world stamp collectors and they will be very interested in this issue. I think US collectors in particular would be quite interested in these stamps
Have a nice day!