Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Pre-Order Superman 75th Anniversary Stamps - On Sale Sept. 10, 2013

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2014 2:10 pm
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
25 dollars for $18 in stamps... no thanks jeff

the most people would pay is ...25-30, and thats exactly what theyre selling for. the 'limited edition' 'collectors edition' 'only 5000' doesnt mean anything unless theyre part of a set (batman, spiderman, othermans)
Dec 28, 2008
590 posts
111 upvotes
Rural Ontario
Did anyone receive an order confirmation from Canada Post? I've heard nothing since putting in the pre-order and there is no way to check an order status on the CP site. Thx.
"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes!" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times." - Tommy Boy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5118 posts
574 upvotes
in a plane
I got confirmation on Friday.
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1549 posts
59 upvotes
Doh! Only saw this now. The supposed 7500 limit must've surely been reached no? Yet they still sell them on the website (I just ordered two just now).
Ah well, I'm a sucker for all things Superman so hopefully I can get something :) .
I'm on the road to 5000...
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1934 posts
275 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
ledorky wrote: Doh! Only saw this now. The supposed 7500 limit must've surely been reached no? Yet they still sell them on the website (I just ordered two just now).
Ah well, I'm a sucker for all things Superman so hopefully I can get something :) .
The uncut press sheet is still available online.

The "Official First Day" ones are now sold out.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1331 posts
426 upvotes
London Area
Thanks OP. In for one of the 7500 sheet (still available). I'm not a collector, I just think it'll look good on the wall by my bar...if I ever build a bar (damn you RFD)!
Jun 3, 2007
21 posts
3 upvotes
Just picked up the uncut sheet and a coin for my son. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6723 posts
478 upvotes
GT'eh
Seems the added some items on the site coin and stamp sets and are doing a promo with the mint to release coins (another thread for this). Some of those coin sets are sweet, esp that 14K going coin set, but can't fork over $750 for 1 coin.
Has anyone else got their pre orders shipped yet or confirmation? Today was the big day.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Sep 22, 2009
305 posts
187 upvotes
Yes, I received my two press sheets this morning.

Sadly the "Official First Day" I ordered at the same time were not included but I called customer service and they should ship later.

Beware, those press sheets are nearly the size of a poster! :-)
Nov 30, 2006
515 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
I'm cursed to ... I also only received a partial order.
Mar 16, 2012
47 posts
80 upvotes
"We were unable to authorize your credit card. Please review your information and try again."
anyone else getting this error as well?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA
Got a shipping confirmation email today.
Expected delivery date is 2013/09/13 for the 2 uncut press sheets I ordered.
Oct 25, 2009
147 posts
32 upvotes
Saskatoon
royaloyal wrote: "We were unable to authorize your credit card. Please review your information and try again."
anyone else getting this error as well?

I was getting an error on the credit card - and I found unchecking both the options to save the credit card to my account did the trick. Unchecked the card number / info - and unchecked the billing address. Though my error pertained to this issue. Something about ' Unable to save credit card to account,' or something.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6723 posts
478 upvotes
GT'eh
Got my confirmation order it was shipped yesterday, hope its the offficial #1st day version and not just the standard press sheet.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1331 posts
426 upvotes
London Area
Still waiting for a shipping confirmation on an Uncut Press Sheet. Ordered on the 10th.

Looking forward to getting it. I'm planning to put a matte around it and frame it.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1678 posts
694 upvotes
Yay! Both came in the mail today. They look great!
Alex
Dec 28, 2008
590 posts
111 upvotes
Rural Ontario
Mine arrived but both are damaged. I opened the canister containing the uncut sheet and the ends are all crumpled and creased. Quickly checked the second container and its the exact same damage. Now I'm on hold with CP for return/replacement.

Did anyone else have any issues with the uncut sheets? How was your packaging? It seems to me that the skimped on protecting the item inside the canister and hoped that the canister itself did the trick (both were rolling around in the oversized box).
"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes!" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times." - Tommy Boy.
May 21, 2002
775 posts
212 upvotes
Reignman wrote: Mine arrived but both are damaged. I opened the canister containing the uncut sheet and the ends are all crumpled and creased. Quickly checked the second container and its the exact same damage. Now I'm on hold with CP for return/replacement.

Did anyone else have any issues with the uncut sheets? How was your packaging? It seems to me that the skimped on protecting the item inside the canister and hoped that the canister itself did the trick (both were rolling around in the oversized box).
Same here got two in the mail and one was already opened the seal broken when I checked the sheet it was all damaged in the corner, I didnt check the other one as it is sealed but I wonder if it is the same issue. I called canada post and got a RMA for the opened one so far.