Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Pre-Order Superman 75th Anniversary Stamps - On Sale Sept. 10, 2013

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2014 2:10 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1338 posts
434 upvotes
London Area
Gotta love CanadaPost! How they can deliver damaged goods THAT THEY SOLD amazes me! :facepalm:

Not to mention that my delivery has been delayed due to "Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay". They're saying my "updated delivery time" is now the 19th instead of the 17th. THEY SOLD ME THE ITEM!!

And they seriously wondered why people didn't care when they went on strike. :|
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA
Reignman wrote: Mine arrived but both are damaged. I opened the canister containing the uncut sheet and the ends are all crumpled and creased. Quickly checked the second container and its the exact same damage. Now I'm on hold with CP for return/replacement.

Did anyone else have any issues with the uncut sheets? How was your packaging? It seems to me that the skimped on protecting the item inside the canister and hoped that the canister itself did the trick (both were rolling around in the oversized box).
I had no issues. Packing was the same as yours.
Jun 16, 2003
727 posts
170 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: I had no issues. Packing was the same as yours.
Mine had no issues as well - I did place two orders for them - I'll let you know the 2nd one once it comes in.

Did anyone receive their Official First day Cover (Single or 5?) - i still haven't received mine, even though it was on the same order as my first Uncut Press Sheet.
Sep 22, 2009
305 posts
187 upvotes
MukiCookiepaws wrote: Did anyone receive their Official First day Cover (Single or 5?) - i still haven't received mine, even though it was on the same order as my first Uncut Press Sheet.
Same situation here. I got my two press sheets a week ago and but none of the First Day Cover (Single "Shield Stamp" or 5 "Hero Stamps"). I called and they told me it should ship later.

Just a question here: was there really a "First Day" uncut press sheet (the big one) or are people talking about the "First Day" 5-stamps sheet?
Jun 16, 2003
727 posts
170 upvotes
TheCurse9 wrote: Same situation here. I got my two press sheets a week ago and but none of the First Day Cover (Single "Shield Stamp" or 5 "Hero Stamps"). I called and they told me it should ship later.

Just a question here: was there really a "First Day" uncut press sheet (the big one) or are people talking about the "First Day" 5-stamps sheet?
I don't recall seeing a "First Day" uncut press sheet (the one with the 30 stamps) only a Uncut Press Sheet limited to 7500 prints.
Aug 25, 2006
829 posts
164 upvotes
I wasn't going to open my until I saw how many people say theirs was damaged. I opened it and there was no damage. Thanks
Jan 4, 2013
71 posts
92 upvotes
BRADFORD
Anyone know where to get the 19x25.5-inch frame for the uncut sheet? and/or how much would it be? would love to hang it, but having hard time finding the frame for it.
:twisted: When you say "9 out of 10 forest fires are caused by humans" all i hear is, "There's a bear out there who know how to use matches." :evil:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:lol: I can always tell when the dinosaurs they use in movies are not real :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6724 posts
478 upvotes
GT'eh
Mine were okay as well, it seems to only have affected a few people, maybe only those who oredered from certain regions. But how do you replace a collectors limited edition press sheet if they sold out of the inital 7500?
I'm going to look at ikea they sell inexpensive frames.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1338 posts
434 upvotes
London Area
Anyone have any luck on a frame that will fit?

I'm looking for a nice one with a matte inside and decent wood...definitely not worth a custom framing job, I'd like to find something for a good deal!
Jan 16, 2006
129 posts
76 upvotes
I went to Ikea and bought the Ribba frame, it doesnt fit perfectly, but for $20.. its not that bad .. as it would probably cost like $50 if you go to costco or michaels to custom frame it
Jonstar1 wrote: Anyone have any luck on a frame that will fit?

I'm looking for a nice one with a matte inside and decent wood...definitely not worth a custom framing job, I'd like to find something for a good deal!
"fall like niagara, bounced back up like viagara"
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1321 posts
827 upvotes
Stupid question, how did you all open the tube? I don't want to damage the collectable. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA
Punky Hunky wrote: Stupid question, how did you all open the tube? I don't want to damage the collectable. Thanks.
The tube splits in half easily when twisted.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2692 posts
675 upvotes
You can buy it for $30 on amazon- not sure how good it is though....

Michael's charges $200 to frame it...

I finally found a frame place for $120 with UV glass- glass on glass
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA
Daf wrote: I finally found a frame place for $120 with UV glass- glass on glass
Don't hold out on us... where?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1338 posts
434 upvotes
London Area
Daf wrote: You can buy it for $30 on amazon- not sure how good it is though....

Michael's charges $200 to frame it...

I finally found a frame place for $120 with UV glass- glass on glass
Where on Amazon are you finding them for $30? Anything I see is $60+ when you add in shipping. Could you post a link to the UV glass frame (although I'm not sure I want to spend that much...)?

UPDATE: How about this place? http://www.posterframedepot.com/. They have UV protection and the entry level frame comes in red, yellow and blue! The colours might look sharp around the print. A quickly assembled one with UV protection and backing is approx. $35 US. I'm not sure of shipping though.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1416 posts
145 upvotes
I haven't collected stamps since Elementary school 30 years ago but I had to jump on board for 2 of the press sheets!