Automotive

Precise ParkLink Ticket - Do I have to pay?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2018 6:33 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 21, 2011
114 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto

Precise ParkLink Ticket - Do I have to pay?

Hey guys, just got a precise parklink ticket and was wondering what are the implications (in 2016) for not paying? I've been reading a few old resources where people say the ticket is not enforceable and collections is just a scare tactic. However they also say that if you are ever on the lot again, that they can tow your car away.

So my question is - does that mean if I'm ever on ANY one of precise parklink lots (which is alot in various places) that if my car is found then I will be towed? Or does it just mean that one location where I was issued a ticket?

Is it ok to ignore the ticket or should just suck it up and pay it?

Thanks
42 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14206 posts
9619 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
How much and what was the infraction?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Jan 21, 2011
114 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Ticket is 69.75 discounted to $39.00 if paid within 7 days.

"Failed to display valid reciept" - basically I had no idea the place was even a lot as it was a loop with some parking spots and there was no sign there except on the other side of the loop.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11381 posts
2394 upvotes
Durham Region
jasoncdu wrote: Ticket is 69.75 discounted to $39.00 if paid within 7 days.

"Failed to display valid reciept" - basically I had no idea the place was even a lot as it was a loop with some parking spots and there was no sign there except on the other side of the loop.
Would rather risk having your car towed in the future (and then look how much that would cost you) or would you rather pay $40 for a mistake you made (even though you didn't realize it until it was too late)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1923 posts
1676 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
i got one too from a school. it was $25 reduced to $15 if paid by x date. i paid it but i'm curious to know whether its mandatory or not.
Dec 15, 2014
391 posts
566 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
They can tow your car away if you have another infraction on one of their lots. They won't know it til they scan your plate, which they won't do unless you mess up again. Personally, I would like to know my car is still there if I screw up and forget to pay or overstayed my parking.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6906 posts
5808 upvotes
Burlington
take a picture, email to show them there was no sign indicating it was a lot.

I had a ticket in Halifax 4 years ago with imPark, took picture, sent email. They said they'd get back to me. Never did, I never paid. I still keep the email just in case.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1170 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
anything that is not from City of Toronto or muni wise.
Throw it to the bin, basketball 3 pointer if you can.

University tickets thou,.. they might hold your results if they know who u are and your plates... i doubt it thou.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3855 upvotes
This was discussed before. Unless it's city parking, you do not have to pay any private company parking tickets. No they will not destroy your credit. Yes, they can tow your car (since it's private property), but most of the time they won't. I racked up 1000$ in ImPark tickets during my post-secondary and they didn't tow it away. And no, they cannot force you to pay your tickets if they tow it and hold your car as ransom. Worst case, you just have to pay the towing fee. But again, they gain nothing by towing your car, so they prefer to keep ticketing you and hope you will pay, along with their bogus threat mails that they will send you to collection.

Source: my own experience.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1475 posts
1131 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
jasoncdu wrote: Hey guys, just got a precise parklink ticket and was wondering what are the implications (in 2016) for not paying? I've been reading a few old resources where people say the ticket is not enforceable and collections is just a scare tactic. However they also say that if you are ever on the lot again, that they can tow your car away.

So my question is - does that mean if I'm ever on ANY one of precise parklink lots (which is alot in various places) that if my car is found then I will be towed? Or does it just mean that one location where I was issued a ticket?

Is it ok to ignore the ticket or should just suck it up and pay it?

Thanks
Get new plates if it really bothers you.
Jan 28, 2017
4 posts
I got similar ticket. Would please advice me with what you did? Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1170 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
HH28012017 wrote: I got similar ticket. Would please advice me with what you did? Thanks in advance.
play basketball to the garbage bin
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1784 posts
1537 upvotes
I received the "parking invoice" also a month ago because I missed the sign. $50 if paid in 7 days.
If it's only a private lot, you don't have to pay. But you risk getting towed if it happens again which will cost a lot more.
I paid it. I may have to park in one of their lots again and don't need the stress of a tow.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1525 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
Check out youtube CBC Marketplace... parking tickets or something like that
I was actually watching it the other night
These guys are scam artist, these tickets are not enforceable and if not paid cannot effect your credit as equifax etc.. do not accept them
Jan 28, 2017
4 posts
Thanks to both of you for your kind reply. I feel that too as I did bought the ticket but it looks like when I closed my car's it flipped and it didn't show the side which has the time and date.
I will let you know my story once I finish it with them.
Apr 24, 2017
1 posts
HH28012017 wrote: Thanks to both of you for your kind reply. I feel that too as I did bought the ticket but it looks like when I closed my car's it flipped and it didn't show the side which has the time and date.
I will let you know my story once I finish it with them.
did you end up having to pay?
Jan 28, 2017
4 posts
I haven't paid and heard from them until now. I was expecting getting a letter or a phone call but it never happened. I will let you know if I get anything from them.
Apr 27, 2017
1 posts
So what was the result of this? I had same issue, wind must have flipped it over when I shut door..I really don't want to pay this ticket
Jan 28, 2017
4 posts
Today is exactly 3 month since I got the ticket. I am sure if they were going to take action, they would do it after a moth from the grace period. I hope they already forgot about it.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19384 posts
7571 upvotes
Toronto
Is this similar for Green P Parking off street as well? Just curious.