Predictions for Fall market

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 19, 2003
8058 posts
698 upvotes
GalvToronto wrote: For the fall, open questions are:
1)When rents are going to stop falling. Answer - probably not in 2020.
2)When condo prices reach negative YOY. Looking at the chart, I would say it is going to be October 2020 month end stats.
3)For non-condos, train is going to the moon with no brake pedal in 2020
"3)For non-condos, train is going to the moon with no brake pedal in 2020
"

How about for 2021??
hi!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1242 posts
992 upvotes
masterhapposai wrote: How about for 2021??
What I meant is that right now there are no factors that would prevent houses to keep appreciating with double-digit growth. And even when these factors arrive, it takes at least few months for them to take effect.
Therefore, it is pretty safe to say, for Q4 houses are going to the Moon.
But for 2021, it is just not possible to know yet what factors will be there on the chessboard.
Latest Toronto Real Estate Charts and Analytics: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVYNKA ... iqhNDMV-iA
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8578 posts
1269 upvotes
dietsprite wrote: What is the outlook for townhouses communities that are part of condo corporation and has a low maintenance fee? do they belong to the condo or freehold bucket categories
I would say a bit in the middle between condos and freehold detached. It's more affordable than the detached and you get a front and maybe backyard as well as you don't have to share an elevator with neighbours but then you still get hit with monthly maintenance fees and you are still sharing walls with someone but then it's not a deal breaker. Based on all this, I would say the positives outweigh the negatives for a condo corp. townhouse.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3561 posts
2823 upvotes
Glands89 wrote: I feel like we're already doing this with the minimum wage increases, social check increases (CCTB), strike money, daycare money, "Ontario Works", CERB, CESB, decreasing interest rates etc. (I lost track of the amount of government programs we have). Also immigration helps keep up demand and despite lower immigration right now, prices are staying strong.

There are "low wage" earners who are buying homes with the money from government social programs (not that there's anything wrong with that, smart people imo).

We couldn't afford CERB yet it was done anyway. I doubt the handouts will ever stop in our lifetimes lol.

IMO if you have cash, buy something that can hold up with inflation. USD is another good holding because I can honestly see a 60 cent dollar in a few years.
If you're concerned about depreciating dollar due to handouts, why would you want to hold USD?

The handouts, deficit/debt by any measure are much larger than Canada's

By your rationale, usd will fall even more due to higher handout and deficit/debt
Feb 6, 2019
68 posts
17 upvotes
Bc
Well you want crazy house prices for the fall... here are two. Location? Abbotsford. Fraser valley..
Up the street are two properties valued assessment at 1,2 million respectively. They are both just listed with asking of 1 million Plus over..
one is asking 2.2 m
the other... 2,6 m
Needless to say im watching closely because my house is 1,1000 assessment. Im thinking 1,899,900 at this point.