Home & Garden

Premium Custom Shutters

Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
virgoan wrote: I am pretty sure it is based on the number of windows and sizes. But based on my measurement & calculation. I am paid $16ish for my shutters

Yes, exactly. Mine ended up being around $15 a square foot. We had added 3 extra windows that we weren't going to get shutters for when we saw what a great price they are. We had been looking at roman shades, and honeycomb blinds and all of that sort of thing as we thought shutters would be far too expensive. Much to our suprise, the opposite is true. I can't wait to see how they're going to look! Again, thanks OP for the thread as without it I'd never have known about this place.
Jul 28, 2011
2 posts
If you pay $21 per sq, I think that's too high in the market. I went with Stars Shutters and it cost me much more lower than that. Why don't you try Stars Shutters for free estimate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Ivamuphurs wrote: If you pay $21 per sq, I think that's too high in the market. I went with Stars Shutters and it cost me much more lower than that. Why don't you try Stars Shutters for free estimate.

You just have to jump at every opportunity to try and promote yourself eh? How many accounts do you have on RFD?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3586 posts
946 upvotes
Ivamuphurs wrote: If you pay $21 per sq, I think that's too high in the market. I went with Stars Shutters and it cost me much more lower than that. Why don't you try Stars Shutters for free estimate.

shill.... :lol:

Great thread OP, going to have to check this place out, after my house closes in march.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
Thanks to the OP, I had called this company and I had Ken come out less than 2 weeks ago (two weeks Sunday) and he measured and gave a price. He came on a Sunday as it was convenient for me, and I don't live anywhere near Mississauga and in fact, I live northeast of Toronto but that didn't deter him. He came here, explained everything, took measurements and he couldn't have been nicer, more professional or polite. He gave us the price which was a very pleasant surprise as we had been looking into blinds and shades and in fact, the price he quoted was less than what it would have cost us to have the blinds and shades. (We're talking Hunter Douglas so yes, they do tend to be expensive). Anyhow, we were more than pleased with the quote and we agreed. Ken left with a deposit and a promise to return to install today, 16 Sept. between 10 and 11 .m.

True to his word, he showed up today at 10:15 with his helper and they brought all of the material in. They removed their shoes even though I insisted that it wasn't necessary but they would not hear of it. They actually left their shoes outside which I thought was so thoughtful, albeit unnecessary, but hey, it's the way they do things. The install went very well and unfortunately, we had neglected to move a few things out of the way which we had intended to do but forgot. NO PROBLEM. They removed them without saying a word and without whining or anything. Again, very professional. When I realized that I had forgotten to do these things, they inisisted it was no big deal.

They worked non-stop and they were tidy, made very little mess and any minor mess that was made (dust from the drill) they cleaned it up. The 15 windows were completed in around 4 or less hours and they look spectacular. These two guys, Ken and Nano (sp?) were fabulous and they go right on the top of my list of flawless and painless work that I've ever had done around my home. I would recomment them in a heartbeat and if you're looking for great shutters, great price, professional installers and salesman (he was not the least bit aggressive or hard-core) then this is the company for you.

No, I'm not a shill. You can see from how many posts I've made on here that I'm not new and I rarely make any sort of recommendation about any product so do yourself a favour if you're looking for a great company to do your shutters. You will not be sorry. THANKS OP, for the recommendation. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
Dec 5, 2007
476 posts
37 upvotes
Hamilton
I agree 100% with the posts above from deltone and virgoan.

Based on this thread and the reviews on homestars, my wife and I just had Premium Custom Shutters install shutters throughout our house, and we were completely satisfied with the entire experience.

Ken and his staff are the most professional people you will ever deal with and the quality of the shutters is top notch.

10 day turnaround time is just crazy, but they did it!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
Does anybody know what kind of wood these guys are using? I went to amazing shutters and they quoted me $20/sq ft for MDF and finger jointed wood.. I am not a fan of these "engineered wood"
Deal Addict
May 22, 2007
1009 posts
172 upvotes
GTA ON
I just moved into a new house and I've been receiving flyers from these shutter/blind companies, and I was wondering if it is wrong of me to ask all the shutter companies come and do the measurements and provide me a quote all at once.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Deevusone wrote: I just moved into a new house and I've been receiving flyers from these shutter/blind companies, and I was wondering if it is wrong of me to ask all the shutter companies come and do the measurements and provide me a quote all at once.

There is nothing wrong with that...We all get multiple quotes...it's always wise to do your research. But I highly doubt you can get all of the companies to come in one day.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2007
1009 posts
172 upvotes
GTA ON
virgoan wrote: There is nothing wrong with that...We all get multiple quotes...it's always wise to do your research. But I highly doubt you can get all of the companies to come in one day.

Yeah. I know it'll be tough, but at least I can try and if I end up with a few companies coming on the same day/time, I can make a decision right then and there. I'm only available on Sundays and i don't want to wait for weeks, to find out which company has the best price before making a decision.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1167 posts
2070 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP and everyone for all of your kind words!

My name is Nano from PC Shutters. We heard so much great things about this community and decided to join to thank you for all of the refferals!
Dec 5, 2007
476 posts
37 upvotes
Hamilton
tonershop wrote: Does anybody know what kind of wood these guys are using? I went to amazing shutters and they quoted me $20/sq ft for MDF and finger jointed wood.. I am not a fan of these "engineered wood"

See post #5. (Yellow Poplar)
Deal Addict
May 22, 2007
1009 posts
172 upvotes
GTA ON
PCShutters wrote: Thanks OP and everyone for all of your kind words!

My name is Nano from PC Shutters. We heard so much great things about this community and decided to join to thank you for all of the refferals!

If I give you approximate measurements of all my windows, would you be able to provide with an estimated quote?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1167 posts
2070 upvotes
Toronto
Deevusone wrote: If I give you approximate measurements of all my windows, would you be able to provide with an estimated quote?

Of course! as long as it doesn't conflict with the rules of this forum, I would be happy to provide you with a quote. Please send me an PM or email me at [email protected]

Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2007
1009 posts
172 upvotes
GTA ON
PCShutters wrote: Of course! as long as it doesn't conflict with the rules of this forum, I would be happy to provide you with a quote. Please send me an PM or email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Thanks Nano, I'll be sending you an email shortly.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
PCShutters wrote: Thanks OP and everyone for all of your kind words!

Hi Nano!! You and Ken installed my shutters. (north of Toronto on the lake!). Shutters look great and we've had many compliments and several of my friends will probably be calling when they're ready!! Oh, and someone asked about the type of wood you guys use. I forget the type as I only remember it's some sort of hardwood.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1193 upvotes
Montreal
hi my name is Marc from XYZ Shutter Inc and I'd like to ... ughh :(
what has RFD come to?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
marc_t wrote: hi my name is Marc from XYZ Shutter Inc and I'd like to ... ughh :(
what has RFD come to?

So just what is your point? From what I understand it's a place to find out about great deals and that's exactly what is being discussed in this thread and so the problem you are having with that is what?

If I hadn't read about this company in this thread, I'd still be sitting here with bare windows, and so instead I'm here, very pleased with great shutters because I read this thread on RFD. I had posted on here, the great experience, as had others, and obviously due to this thread others have used their services and have informed the company where they heard about them. The guy who works there was obviously pleased about the referrals and he posted his thanks on here. To me that further shows what a great company this is. He didn't start this thread, someone else did. I guess according to your way of thinking it's "shame on him for showing his appreciation for the kind words being said about his company". Ya, what a horrible thing.

So, that was the breakdown of this thread, one that was going on in a very positive manner and then someone (you) seems to have an issue with these facts. I think your post has made it rather clear as to what RFD has come to. It's become a place that no matter what thread is started, even one with good recommendations and positive things, there will always be someone who seems to feel that someone has pee'd on his cornflakes and he will post his disastifaction yet he won't specify exactly what the disatisfaction is.

You have brought nothing to this thread, other than your negativity and haven't even expressed why you felt the need to pee on this thread.

There.... feel better? Cause I do.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
deltone wrote: So just what is your point? From what I understand it's a place to find out about great deals and that's exactly what is being discussed in this thread and so the problem you are having with that is what?

Well said! I totally agree. We are all here to do our research before we make our purchases. I like to read up on products/company reviews before I buy.

Thanks Felks24 for your response, I missed that.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
tonershop wrote: Well said! I totally agree. We are all here to do our research before we make our purchases. I like to read up on products/company reviews before I buy.

Thanks Felks24 for your response, I missed that.

Don't you just love thread crappers? NOT!!!

Anyhow, as far as the shutters go, if you do decide to go with them, you won't be sorry. A friend of mine had shutters installed (in London) and she had less windows covered than we did, and she had the plastic, or whatever it's called and she paid a lot more than we did and in all honesty, hers don't look as nice as ours. Same with my brother. A few years back he had a few windows done and while yes, they look great, he paid more than we did. He was peeved when he saw how great ours looked and how much we paid compared to him.