Home & Garden

Premium Custom Shutters

Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1167 posts
2070 upvotes
Toronto
deltone wrote: Hi Nano!! You and Ken installed my shutters. (north of Toronto on the lake!). Shutters look great and we've had many compliments and several of my friends will probably be calling when they're ready!! Oh, and someone asked about the type of wood you guys use. I forget the type as I only remember it's some sort of hardwood.

Thanks Deltone! I am glad you like the shutters. You have one of the most amazing view of the lake! Enjoy it.

Thanks again for your kind words.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
deltone wrote: Anyhow, as far as the shutters go, if you do decide to go with them, you won't be sorry. A friend of mine had shutters installed (in London) and she had less windows covered than we did, and she had the plastic, or whatever it's called and she paid a lot more than we did and in all honesty, hers don't look as nice as ours. Same with my brother. A few years back he had a few windows done and while yes, they look great, he paid more than we did. He was peeved when he saw how great ours looked and how much we paid compared to him.

Just curious, what is the shutter louver size did you get? I cant decide which one I want for my bedroom. It is a small room, only about 120 sq ft. But I have 3 windows. I am thinking of 2.5" because I read somewhere that 3.5" is recommended for a bigger room. I dont particularly like the smaller louver (1.5"?), it looks like blinds..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
tonershop wrote: Just curious, what is the shutter louver size did you get? I cant decide which one I want for my bedroom. It is a small room, only about 120 sq ft. But I have 3 windows. I am thinking of 2.5" because I read somewhere that 3.5" is recommended for a bigger room. I dont particularly like the smaller louver (1.5"?), it looks like blinds..

I have the plantation ones, which are the largest ones. Our rooms are very small and it's not an issue. We chose the larger ones as they will let in the most amount of light when opened and actually let in the least amount when closed (less slats). A friend of mine had them over on Sunday to do a quote and they're getting them installed in a couple of weeks. They were very pleased with the quote and how nice Ken was.

I'm seriously thinking of calling them back in to do our sliding door as it hadn't occurred to me that it would be a good idea. My friend is getting hers done and it's only going to cost $600 for that which is amazing. It would cost more than that for decent verticals which are gross.

Make no mistake, the low prices do not mean low quality. These shutters are not low quality at all.
Dec 5, 2007
476 posts
37 upvotes
Hamilton
tonershop wrote: Just curious, what is the shutter louver size did you get? I cant decide which one I want for my bedroom. It is a small room, only about 120 sq ft. But I have 3 windows. I am thinking of 2.5" because I read somewhere that 3.5" is recommended for a bigger room. I dont particularly like the smaller louver (1.5"?), it looks like blinds..

We went with 3.5" louvers with a center bar throughout the whole house including the patio door. We wanted a uniform look.

2 of our windows have arches above as well, and these were done as well and look fantastic.
Dec 5, 2007
476 posts
37 upvotes
Hamilton
deltone wrote: I have the plantation ones, which are the largest ones. Our rooms are very small and it's not an issue. We chose the larger ones as they will let in the most amount of light when opened and actually let in the least amount when closed (less slats). A friend of mine had them over on Sunday to do a quote and they're getting them installed in a couple of weeks. They were very pleased with the quote and how nice Ken was.

I'm seriously thinking of calling them back in to do our sliding door as it hadn't occurred to me that it would be a good idea. My friend is getting hers done and it's only going to cost $600 for that which is amazing. It would cost more than that for decent verticals which are gross.

Make no mistake, the low prices do not mean low quality. These shutters are not low quality at all.

Do it!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
Felks24 wrote: Do it!!!

Do you have one and if so, do you not find it cumbersome? What are the pros and what are the cons? I'm really thinking about getting it done as I love the look.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
deltone wrote: I have the plantation ones, which are the largest ones. Our rooms are very small and it's not an issue. We chose the larger ones as they will let in the most amount of light when opened and actually let in the least amount when closed (less slats).

I believe the plantation ones are 3.5"? Yes, having more lights when needed is one of the feature I am looking for in windows covering. Thanks for the advice.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
tonershop wrote: I believe the plantation ones are 3.5"? Yes, having more lights when needed is one of the feature I am looking for in windows covering. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, they're the 3.5 inch ones. Don't worry about the size of the room, it won't be an issue at all. It is nice to have more light coming in but also shutting out more as well. We live in a tiny little house and it hasn't been any sort of problem with them being larger. Good luck!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
deltone wrote: Yes, they're the 3.5 inch ones. Don't worry about the size of the room, it won't be an issue at all. It is nice to have more light coming in but also shutting out more as well. We live in a tiny little house and it hasn't been any sort of problem with them being larger. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the advice deltone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
tonershop wrote: Thanks for the advice deltone.

Any time tonershop. Let us know how it turns out.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2004
1216 posts
177 upvotes
We ordered shutters from Premium Custom Shutters based on the recommendations on Red Flag Deals. True to the comments listed by others, Ken and Nano were a pleasure to deal with. They responded quickly, they worked efficiently, and the quality of the shutters and their installation is good. We would recommend them without hesitation.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
dealzuser wrote: We ordered shutters from Premium Custom Shutters based on the recommendations on Red Flag Deals. True to the comments listed by others, Ken and Nano were a pleasure to deal with. They responded quickly, they worked efficiently, and the quality of the shutters and their installation is good. We would recommend them without hesitation.

I am glad it worked out for you. I had recommended them to a friend and they had their house done a couple of weeks ago and they are very pleased. I decided to get our sliding door and door done and so Ken came back and quoted a great price and in less than 2 weeks they were back and now our whole house is done . Great job and topnotch class act. If you are on the fence go for it.
Dec 15, 2009
103 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
We ordered shutters from Premium Custom Shutters and have it installed last week. The quality of the shutters is great. I'll definitely recommend Premium Custom Shutters to my friends.

Eddy
Dec 30, 2007
655 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I would appreciate whosoever liked their quality to post some pictures. Sometimes you can not judge who is genuinely speaking about service and quality.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
leafnation5 wrote: I would appreciate whosoever liked their quality to post some pictures. Sometimes you can not judge who is genuinely speaking about service and quality.

See my previous post...I did post some pictures of the shutters installed in my house...

premium-custom-shutters-1062272/#post13220560

You can also see more pictures on their website...They have testimonial section with pictures
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
leafnation5 wrote: I would appreciate whosoever liked their quality to post some pictures. Sometimes you can not judge who is genuinely speaking about service and quality.

If I read this a few days ago I could have complied but I'm now in Myrtle for 3 months so I can't. As was mentioned, someone already posted some pics. This company is the real deal. If they come and give a quote, Ken will show you a sample of the wood they use so you can see the quality for yourself. He's not at all a high pressure salesman. He comes, he measures, he explains and then leaves it up to you to decide yay or nay.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
PCShutters wrote: Thanks OP and everyone for all of your kind words!

My name is Nano from PC Shutters. We heard so much great things about this community and decided to join to thank you for all of the refferals!

Do you service Wasaga Beach area? My co-worker have a cottage in Wasaga Beach, and she is looking for shutters. Let me know and I will pass on your contact info to her.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1167 posts
2070 upvotes
Toronto
tonershop wrote: Do you service Wasaga Beach area? My co-worker have a cottage in Wasaga Beach, and she is looking for shutters. Let me know and I will pass on your contact info to her.

Yes we do! We service any city within 200 km radius of the GTA.

Thanks.
May 27, 2009
32 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I will chime in here as I have been in the market for blinds/shutters for the past few weeks. As with everyone here, I extensively do my research and want the best quality piece at the best price. I requested a quote from PC and got it within 24hrs and even got a call from Nano himself. He answered all my questions and concerns, and i'll likely schedule an appointment for them to come over for measurements in the next few weeks after Chinese New Year.

FYI, they do blinds as well since i was inquiring about faux wood blinds. I haven't seen samples yet, but they're pvc which i hope are on par (quality-wise) to the Levelor. ;)
Dec 25, 2007
130 posts
6 upvotes
I just recently got my shutters installed by PC Shutters. The shutters look wonderful, the fit and finish is excellent. They have been great to answer my queries and their customer service is top notch. They were extremely helpful and took the measurements for the windows during construction so that the shutters could get installed as soon as the house closed. They are very courteous, and are not satisfied unless the end result is 100% and better than what their customer's expectations may be. They take pride in their work. I highly recommend PC Shutters, it has been a pleasure and a fantastic experience getting the shutters installed by them.