Prepackaged meat/seafood weight discrepancy
I buy my meat and sashimi and I've always wondered if it actually weighs what it says it weighs. Today, I tried to find out. I bought some take out prepackaged salmon and yellow tail sashimi from a local supermarket. I won't mention its name (don't wanna be sued).
- Label weight is 0.500 lbs (about 227 g).
- Actual fish weight is 167g (74% of 227g)
- Entire package (Plastic container including tray and lid, plastic soy sauce tray, soy sauce package, wasabi package, the white absorbent pad, one slice of lemon, and the actual fish) = 228 g
- Label weight is 0.380 lbs (about 173g)
- Actual fish weight 128g (74% of 173g)
- Entire package (like above) = 231g <----- EDIT: This might have been off, as others have pointed out (possibly as I was copying numbers wrong from the scale to my computer. I forget. Memory tells me it should have been around 173 but slightly over.)
I feel quite cheated. 26% less is quite a big difference.
I will attempt to do the same to different stores on various products (steaks, etc).
| Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q