• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 11:58 am
[OP]
Sep 19, 2014
437 posts
223 upvotes
Markham, ON

Prepaid Goodlife Membership Cancellation/Refund

I have a corporate membership at goodlife prepaid at the beginning of each year(Sep 30 I think, $450+hst/yr)

Obviously haven't been to the gym since March, and from the look of it I won't be going back anytime soon.
They sent email few months ago saying they "paused" everyone membership until their gym reopens, and I just kinda forgot about it.

Even tho their gym now opens, it is a huge hassle since you need advance booking to get in, and with a newborn I don't feel safe about sharing equipment with 100s of other people.
Anyone able to get a refund for their pre-paid membership.
I know people who pay month to month have no problem cancelling their membership, but does anyone know how getting a refund
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27570 posts
12630 upvotes
Toronto
I am with LA fitness. They will not give me my prepaid membership fees at all. Either use it or lose it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes ... well, they do offer a fee of $10 + taxes on account suspension for as long as possible.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1027 posts
397 upvotes
blackn54 wrote: I have a corporate membership at goodlife prepaid at the beginning of each year(Sep 30 I think, $450+hst/yr)

Obviously haven't been to the gym since March, and from the look of it I won't be going back anytime soon.
They sent email few months ago saying they "paused" everyone membership until their gym reopens, and I just kinda forgot about it.

Even tho their gym now opens, it is a huge hassle since you need advance booking to get in, and with a newborn I don't feel safe about sharing equipment with 100s of other people.
Anyone able to get a refund for their pre-paid membership.
I know people who pay month to month have no problem cancelling their membership, but does anyone know how getting a refund
Same situation here. I inquired my local gym and corporate office, no refund allowed. I went over the contract terms again, no cancellation permitted.

SOL
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1352 posts
1442 upvotes
Toronto
Have been on a corporate rate the last few years and every renewal seems to be going up in price. But with limited access for the foreseeable future, will be looking explore cheaper options once my current corporate arrangement ends.