Expired Hot Deals

[President's Choice] 3 PCF Mastercards, $100 GC, No Annual Fees!

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 9:42 am
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
375 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto

[President's Choice] 3 PCF Mastercards, $100 GC, No Annual Fees!

3 different cards to choose from :
President’s Choice Financial World Elite Mastercard
President's Choice Financial World Mastercard
President’s Choice Financial Mastercard

Not sure when the expiry is...
79 replies
Mar 7, 2011
427 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone got this promo more than once?
I think I got the same deal about a year and half ago, wonder if I can get it again.

Edit:
Found this in T&C:
- Not already have any President's Choice Financial® credit card account, or have applied via RateSupermarket.ca for any President's Choice Financial® Credit Card account within twelve (12) months prior to the commencement date of this Promotion. This Promotion is only open to new President's Choice Financial® online credit card applicants.
Also:
- Apply online and when you receive your PC Financial® Mastercard® credit card, you will also receive four welcome coupons or offers each worth 5,000 PC Optimum points. Use your PC Financial® Mastercard® and redeem each coupon or offer to receive 5,000 PC Optimum points with any purchase at the checkout in participating grocery stores where President's Choice® products are sold. See coupons or offers for full details. Coupons or offers have no cash value. For all offers, allow 2-3 weeks from qualifying purchase for bonus PC Optimum points to be awarded. Each offer is limited to one per new PC Financial® Mastercard® account and may be terminated or changed at any time without notice.
Last edited by sky417 on Jan 23rd, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1777 posts
9674 upvotes
$100 gift card is limited to Starbucks, iTunes, Cineplex, or Ultimate Dining Group.

None of the cards appear to have PC Optimum point offers, so this is a $100 net reward - not worth a hard credit hit unless you were intending on getting one of these cards anyways, and even then there have been better valued offers in PC Optiumum point offers in the past, and likely will be this year.

Note the World Elite has the highest reward earning rate and no annual fee, but requires $80k income personal or $150k household - if you aren't truthful they will automatically downgrade your application to a lower tier card of the 3 without telling you.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2146 posts
849 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if it would combine with the 75000 optimum points offer that takes effect tomorrow..

The flyer just stipulates that you must apply on specific dates..
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2146 posts
849 upvotes
Toronto
I realize it says "replaces any other new account offer".. but maybe ratesupermarket is different...
Nov 13, 2013
44 posts
9 upvotes
75,000 points sign up bonus, anyone know what the $$$ equivalent of that bonus?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1845 posts
1526 upvotes
Waterloo
MatsOvechkin wrote: 75,000 points sign up bonus, anyone know what the $$$ equivalent of that bonus?
75k points in ADDITIONAL to the $100? if so then hot.
Dec 14, 2018
38 posts
87 upvotes
wait until PCF has their IT issues sorted out otherwise stay away from these guys.

Their new site is a gong show, a lot of new cardholders can't even log in due to database issues, and mobile wallet is plagued with access issues as well. Do a search on RFD/twitter/reddit and read the comments.

Also don't have an app to do push notifications either.

Unless you desperately need the 3% cb for loblaws only from the World Elite level card it's not worth it.

You can get a 4% cb card for /all/ groceries with $100 a/f easily at the W/E level.

RBC offers a no annual fee 2% cb card for groceries.

PCF card offerings are honestly so trash benefits-wise save yourselves the headache trust me.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1230 posts
671 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Note the World Elite has the highest reward earning rate and no annual fee, but requires $80k income personal or $150k household - if you aren't truthful they will automatically downgrade your application to a lower tier card of the 3 without telling you.
How would they know though? Let's say you're 10k off or you rounded up like 145k to 150k (not my actual income fyi), without accessing or asking you for income proof how would they know? If it's by how much you charge on the card, what if a person only uses it occasionally or has better cards to use?
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Jan 5, 2006
834 posts
160 upvotes
Markham
SignedA wrote: How would they know though? Let's say you're 10k off or you rounded up like 145k to 150k (not my actual income fyi), without accessing or asking you for income proof how would they know? If it's by how much you charge on the card, what if a person only uses it occasionally or has better cards to use?
I don't think they know, I don't have that income but I got this PC WE MC (upgrade from regular)
100% ebay rating since 02 ebay :razz:
Heat
Oct 23, 2018
10 posts
9 upvotes
We had our card upgraded despite not earning over $80,000 it took a couple
of months and a couple of phone calls but need to put something like $2,000 a month on it to get approved. We were paying university tuition plus our town allows us to pay property taxes & water bills by credit card
Big plus is .07 cents of a litre of gas at No Frills and RCSS - cheaper than Costco gas.
Apr 17, 2015
482 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sky417 wrote: Has anyone got this promo more than once?
I think I got the same deal about a year and half ago, wonder if I can get it again.

Edit:
Found this in T&C:

Also:
Yes. I've cancelled, then reapplied some time later. I'm wondering if I can apply while I have one of these..
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1230 posts
671 upvotes
CindyM28401 wrote: We had our card upgraded despite not earning over $80,000 it took a couple
of months and a couple of phone calls but need to put something like $2,000 a month on it to get approved. We were paying university tuition plus our town allows us to pay property taxes & water bills by credit card
Big plus is .07 cents of a litre of gas at No Frills and RCSS - cheaper than Costco gas.
Thats because the other way to get the WE is to spend 25k annually on it. I definitely don't as there's better cards to use for other stuff :/
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
375 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote: 75k points in ADDITIONAL to the $100? if so then hot.
Dosen't look like it - looks more like 20k points.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
148 upvotes
Leverage wrote: $100 gift card is limited to Starbucks, iTunes, Cineplex, or Ultimate Dining Group.

None of the cards appear to have PC Optimum point offers, so this is a $100 net reward - not worth a hard credit hit unless you were intending on getting one of these cards anyways, and even then there have been better valued offers in PC Optiumum point offers in the past, and likely will be this year.

Note the World Elite has the highest reward earning rate and no annual fee, but requires $80k income personal or $150k household - if you aren't truthful they will automatically downgrade your application to a lower tier card of the 3 without telling you.
Gift cards aren't hot at all IMO, agreed, but I pulled the trigger on the $75,000 PCO points and got approved for the WE. For me, that's worth the hard credit hit. Can also use it along with other PCO points during spend your points events to increase value. To be honest, I track my credit score pretty closely and these hits honestly make VERY little difference if you have otherwise solid credit (accounts in good standing > 10-15years, mortgage experience, no late bills, extremely low debt to credit ratio)
Feb 5, 2013
191 posts
108 upvotes
thecrashton wrote: Gift cards aren't hot at all IMO, agreed, but I pulled the trigger on the $75,000 PCO points and got approved for the WE. For me, that's worth the hard credit hit. Can also use it along with other PCO points during spend your points events to increase value. To be honest, I track my credit score pretty closely and these hits honestly make VERY little difference if you have otherwise solid credit (accounts in good standing > 10-15years, mortgage experience, no late bills, extremely low debt to credit ratiol)
Is it worth to increase your existing card limit so your debt to credit lowers ( same credit usage, pay full amount every month but now the limit would be bigger thus lowering the ratio? ) Or that would also the increase in total credit due to a credit card be detrimental to your score in mortgage scenarios ?
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
375 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
BearBraz wrote: Is it worth to increase your existing card limit so your debt to credit lowers ( same credit usage, pay full amount every month but now the limit would be bigger thus lowering the ratio? ) Or that would also the increase in total credit due to a credit card be detrimental to your score in mortgage scenarios ?
i''ve always followed this rule - whenever they offer to raise your limit, always except. Not sure about the rest though :D
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1500 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
Is the interest rate higher than others?

where to find a Credit card comparison for Canadian?