Expired Hot Deals

[President's Choice Financial] 100k PC Optimum Points upon first purchase is on again!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 1:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7901 posts
8212 upvotes
The Prairies

100k PC Optimum Points upon first purchase is on again!

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 24, 2021
Retailer:
President's Choice Financial
If you missed previous promotions, or weren’t eligible at the time to reapply, here’s yet another chance, Expires February 24 2021.

Like all previous promos, you must make a first purchase with your approved credit card in order to get the 100k points worth $100 at standard redemption rates.

Some report getting the points within days of the purchase, others have reported much longer.
But as long as you apply through this promotional link, and finish the application with no interruptions or application timeout, you are sure to get the points.

NO YOU CANNOT APPLY FOR ANOTHER CARD IF YOU’RE AN EXISTING CARDHOLDER, OR HAVE HELD A CARD WITH PRESIDENTS CHOICE BANK WITHIN THE PAST 6 MONTHS

Yes, you can apply for and receive the promo points if you’ve held the card in the past (at least 6 months ago)

F79B7F51-431C-4C1A-A446-44163A8A96BB.png
80 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1794 posts
10202 upvotes
$100 is not worth a hard pull and new credit card account.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10187 posts
12182 upvotes
Vancouver
Leverage wrote: $100 is not worth a hard pull and new credit card account.
And yet the last time this offer came around (just weeks ago), it got something like 27 upvotes and 6 down. Maybe not enough for the hardcore credit card players like you and me but ordinary RFDers seem to like it.
Jan 12, 2007
322 posts
163 upvotes
I signed up for the same promotion a few weeks ago and only got 20k bonus. PC financial is a bit of a joke.
Feb 22, 2020
106 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
if I remember correctly, you need to fill some gas at one of the PC stations to get the other 80k points. I got the card because I only had my CIBC visa one. And I needed a mastercard for places that don't take visa like costco. If you already have enough credit cards then it's not worth taking the hard credit pull hit for 100 bucks.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2688 posts
3994 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TAZ99 wrote: I signed up for the same promotion a few weeks ago and only got 20k bonus. PC financial is a bit of a joke.

Did you call to complain?
cedarleaf wrote: if I remember correctly, you need to fill some gas at one of the PC stations to get the other 80k points. I got the card because I only had my CIBC visa one. And I needed a mastercard for places that don't take visa like costco. If you already have enough credit cards then it's not worth taking the hard credit pull hit for 100 bucks.
Where does it say you need to fill some gas to get the other 80k? It's supposed to be 100k points after first purchase.
Apr 7, 2019
824 posts
956 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Did you call to complain?

Where does it say you need to fill some gas to get the other 80k? It's supposed to be 100k points after first purchase.
Changes from Campaign to Campaign. When I signed up in 2019, only had to do 1 purchase in store. When spouse signed up last last year, she had to do 2 transactions ( one in store and another at Esso).

Yes. I agree with other poster. Not worth wasting a hard pull for $100. Apply only if shop at Loblaws Stores and fill gas at Esso.

I picked up this card in 2019 as we do groceries at NoFrills, RCSS and Loblaws. We also use PC Express and sometime fill gas at Esso. Wife picked this card in 2020 as she buys cosmetics from SDM and needed an "easy" CC to improve her credit score.
Last edited by mr2711 on Feb 14th, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2017
237 posts
104 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Why not?
IT guy | dad | sneakerhead | everything Apple | AV enthusiast | new homeowner
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7901 posts
8212 upvotes
The Prairies
fredean01 wrote: Gotta keep that 900 credit score so I can brag to my wife's boyfriend.
Your wife doesn’t give a crap about your 900, that’s why she has a boyfriend Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
And her boyfriend isn’t gonna care either, he has your wife.
Jun 26, 2019
12 posts
5 upvotes
THANK YOU!

Just signed up!

Was looking to sign up to this last week but the best they could offer was 50K in points!

Definitely useful to those looking for a new credit card (since we just cancelled ours) and we shop a lot at No Frills, RCSS, Shoppers.
Oct 8, 2012
68 posts
32 upvotes
If you can afford to wait i'm not sure how often the promotions cycle but i got 125,000 pts in December
Jan 12, 2007
322 posts
163 upvotes
mr2711 wrote: Raise a points inquiry if you don't get your points in another few weeks.
So I checked my points this morning and I did indeed get the full 100K.
The email they sent said 20K. I guess they never updated their notification system with the correct promo.
All good now..
Apr 25, 2011
289 posts
106 upvotes
Thanks for this. I'll take $100 in free groceries and then probably never use it except for the rare trip to SDM.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7901 posts
8212 upvotes
The Prairies
TAZ99 wrote: So I checked my points this morning and I did indeed get the full 100K.
The email they sent said 20K. I guess they never updated their notification system with the correct promo.
All good now..
Many people on previous rounds received an email stating 20k points as well, but ended up getting the full 100k.
It’s PCF, so keep your standards and expectations low :lol:
Feb 22, 2020
106 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
stovetop wrote: Did you call to complain?

That was the email I received when I signed up. I got those points 1 week after my purchase. Read the fine details in your email

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7901 posts
8212 upvotes
The Prairies
cedarleaf wrote: That was the email I received when I signed up. I got those points 1 week after my purchase. Read the fine details in your email

That’s interesting, I’ve never seen that before.
Normally the requirements are you need to make a one time purchase at any Loblaws family stores.
People have even made their first and only purchase at a Shoppers Drug Mart and received the bonus points.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10187 posts
12182 upvotes
Vancouver
greatauroro28 wrote: Why not?
$200 is the magic number for many of the RFDers who hang out in the credit card forum. If a welcome bonus is not worth at least that much, it's not worth it. Not saying I agree. But even among regular RFDers it's a moving target. So far this thread has ten upvotes and zero down, yet two weeks ago I posted a HSBC credit card deal with a $150 welcome bonus and it got more downvotes than up.
Last edited by Kiraly on Feb 15th, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19219 posts
6774 upvotes
Toronto
indocanuck wrote: If you can afford to wait i'm not sure how often the promotions cycle but i got 125,000 pts in December
I think I remember this but was there anything attached to this or simply a credit card application?
RedFlagDeals Addict