Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 12:34 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9777 upvotes
Leask

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

Saw it on Reddit.

Guys, i only sign up for PCF MC when this offer hits, was same deal this time around last year.
  1. apply for card
  2. once you have the card, go buy something at a partner store. pay the card off and loot 100k pts
  3. optionally BT at 0.97%/6 months at $0 BT fee upfront
  4. if you cancel, you must wait min 6 months before you reapply

Edit: it's an affiliate (but not a referral) link. I make no money when you sign up. In case RFD has some sort of redirect, please check out: www.pcfinancial (dot) ca/en/campaign/affiliate03 (URL uses SSL). Reddit link here.

Edit 2: strictly comparing the PCF AND CTFS world elite tier cards
  1. in-store spend: CTFS wins by a hairline. Accelerator is on pre-tax amount, but more items are taxable at CTFS partner stores than PCF
  2. Gas bars: will probably depend more on partner gas bars in your area
  3. Other accelerators: CTFS is a clear winner, for its 3%/grocery, mind you (although a partner store) SDM (pharmacy) can generate a strong earn rate on PCF
  4. other feats: PCF for travel, CTFS for roadside assistance and bill pay feature. Since many of us have another card that covers travel (travel medical, travel booking portal), PCF might be redundant. But...CTFS has the best roadside assistance included with a CC (plus it's a no-AF card), and the bill pay feature is unrivaled
  5. BT: PCF wins but only for intro offer. CTFS has okay BT offers for existing cardholders
  6. Welcome bonus: PCF is the clear winner whenever you can get 100k PCO pts on first spend. But this offer is not always around... usually it's only 20k PCO pts
  7. Income requirement: CTFS doesn't seem to consider household income, making PCF more feasible for eligibility

Edit 3: if you are required to send proof of identity...send copy (photo) of driver's license and telecommunications or utility statement to either of the following:
There's also a snail-mail option but I don't think anyone on this thread could be bothered to deal with snail-mail for this. If sending an email, include full name as it appears on your card along with the last four digits of the MC in the subject line.

Edit 4: if you are unable to add the PCF MC to your PCO pts account...use the household feature.
  1. create a new PCO pts account. Email aliases work. Can use Gmail alias (user+xyz@gmail ) or a 3rd party alias service (33mail). I did [user]+last four digits of MC @ gmail
  2. Link PCF MC. Assuming you got the unknown error trying to add it to your existing PCO pts account, it should work in a new PCO pts account
  3. Go back to original PCO pts account. Go to household feature, and invite your new account
  4. You'll receive an email invite to the email used for the new account. Go ahead and confirm. If you're using different browsers to manage the PCO accounts, you can copy the link from the email to join household and then paste it in the browser you're using for the new PCO pts account
  5. Done. Your new account is only linked directly to the MC, and pools the pts with the original PCO pts account
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jun 28th, 2020 12:55 am, edited 11 times in total.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
852 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5550 posts
4628 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Saw it on Reddit.

Guys, i only sign up for PCF MC when this offer hits, was same deal this time around last year.
  1. apply for card
  2. once you have the card, go buy something at a partner store. pay the card off and loot 100k pts
  3. optionally BT at 0.97%/6 months at $0 BT fee upfront
The BT offer is a solid reason to get the card —aside for using the pts during double redemption days—, do they ask you during the application if you'd like to use BT offer?
Aug 13, 2019
103 posts
209 upvotes
One of the best Canadian no-AF credit cards. It has good insurances and concierge as well. Price matching + PC points is a deadly combo that will save you hundreds annually.
May 8, 2012
114 posts
68 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
is there a link to apply for the card?
Aug 8, 2018
28 posts
6 upvotes
Does anyone know if one can reapply and still get the bonus? I had this card but cancelled last year. Their terms do not mention anything.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2215 posts
1796 upvotes
GTA
fightbriz wrote: What is BT?
Balance transfer. It's only good for people who don't pay off their CC balance every month and end up paying very high interest.
Sep 3, 2009
615 posts
290 upvotes
Calgary
Do they really check the income requirement for each card? My household income is between 90k to 100k in 2019, if I apply for the wrold mastercard, will it be rejected due to income requirement not met?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9777 upvotes
Leask
Gtaphotog wrote: The BT offer is a solid reason to get the card —aside for using the pts during double redemption days—, do they ask you during the application if you'd like to use BT offer?
you do the bt online yourself after the fact to another CC. note that they can be stingy on cl. fwiw, they don't verify income.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5040 posts
1350 upvotes
Toronto
It must be thru a special link right? Because pcfinancial.ca doesn't mention anything
Mar 15, 2019
61 posts
47 upvotes
zywan0124 wrote: Do they really check the income requirement for each card? My household income is between 90k to 100k in 2019, if I apply for the wrold mastercard, will it be rejected due to income requirement not met?
I upgraded my card but the person I spoke to on the phone was satisfied with 'yes' as an answer and didn't bother to run any checks.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5040 posts
1350 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: you do the bt online yourself after the fact to another CC. note that they can be stingy on cl. fwiw, they don't verify income.
What is cl?

So if they don't verify income, what's stopping anyone from applying to any of the 3 cards?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5550 posts
4628 upvotes
tew wrote: Balance transfer. It's only good for people who don't pay off their CC balance every month and end up paying very high interest.
Or is it Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

haranzo