[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard
- Deal Link:
- 100k pts
- August 30, 2020
- President's Choice
Guys, i only sign up for PCF MC when this offer hits, was same deal this time around last year.
- apply for card
- once you have the card, go buy something at a partner store. pay the card off and loot 100k pts
- optionally BT at 0.97%/6 months at $0 BT fee upfront
- if you cancel, you must wait min 6 months before you reapply
Edit: it's an affiliate (but not a referral) link. I make no money when you sign up. In case RFD has some sort of redirect, please check out: www.pcfinancial (dot) ca/en/campaign/affiliate03 (URL uses SSL). Reddit link here.
Edit 2: strictly comparing the PCF AND CTFS world elite tier cards
- in-store spend: CTFS wins by a hairline. Accelerator is on pre-tax amount, but more items are taxable at CTFS partner stores than PCF
- Gas bars: will probably depend more on partner gas bars in your area
- Other accelerators: CTFS is a clear winner, for its 3%/grocery, mind you (although a partner store) SDM (pharmacy) can generate a strong earn rate on PCF
- other feats: PCF for travel, CTFS for roadside assistance and bill pay feature. Since many of us have another card that covers travel (travel medical, travel booking portal), PCF might be redundant. But...CTFS has the best roadside assistance included with a CC (plus it's a no-AF card), and the bill pay feature is unrivaled
- BT: PCF wins but only for intro offer. CTFS has okay BT offers for existing cardholders
- Welcome bonus: PCF is the clear winner whenever you can get 100k PCO pts on first spend. But this offer is not always around... usually it's only 20k PCO pts
- Income requirement: CTFS doesn't seem to consider household income, making PCF more feasible for eligibility
Edit 3: if you are required to send proof of identity...send copy (photo) of driver's license and telecommunications or utility statement to either of the following:
- EMAIL: [email protected]
- FAX: 1-866-437-6515
There's also a snail-mail option but I don't think anyone on this thread could be bothered to deal with snail-mail for this. If sending an email, include full name as it appears on your card along with the last four digits of the MC in the subject line.
Edit 4: if you are unable to add the PCF MC to your PCO pts account, there are two options. The first option is to call PCO and declare the cancelled card "lost or stolen". This will purge it from your PCO account, allowing you to add the new card. Since wait times for PCO are terrible...use the household feature. This does not require calling in to PC Optimum. Here are the steps.
- create a new PCO pts account. Email aliases work. Can use Gmail alias ([email protected] ) or a 3rd party alias service (33mail). I did [user]+last four digits of MC @ gmail
- Link PCF MC. Assuming you got the unknown error trying to add it to your existing PCO pts account, it should work in a new PCO pts account
- Go back to original PCO pts account. Go to household feature, and invite your new account
- You'll receive an email invite to the email used for the new account. Go ahead and confirm. If you're using different browsers to manage the PCO accounts, you can copy the link from the email to join household and then paste it in the browser you're using for the new PCO pts account
- Done. Your new account is only linked directly to the MC, and pools the pts with the original PCO pts account