President's Choice

Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 3:43 pm
Jul 21, 2015
287 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is there any referral bonus like ebates that's active for this?
I searched rakuten and greatcanadianrebates, neither lists pcfinancial, but figured if there's a way, rfd'ers would know!
May 10, 2008
72 posts
127 upvotes
North York
coolintheshade wrote: Just a DP

Applied within a half hour of this thread being posted, and my application went to review status.
Received an approval email just now.

EDIT:
Not sure if it takes time, but the card is not added to my Optimum points account.
Last time they didn’t add it either, and it was a PITA calling them to get it done during the new website issue they were having.
Fingers crossed that issue is solved!
I was approved yesterday and just checked my PCO account on their app. I see the card linked and the product I was approved for.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8910 posts
9939 upvotes
The Prairies
antithesis99 wrote: Is there any referral bonus like ebates that's active for this?
I searched rakuten and greatcanadianrebates, neither lists pcfinancial, but figured if there's a way, rfd'ers would know!
Was never on GCR.
RSM (ratesupermarket) used to be their go to third party for signups.
You would get a $100 gift card from select merchants for signing up.
Now it seems PC Financial has chosen to do it all in house.
Probably 100% due to costs.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8910 posts
9939 upvotes
The Prairies
addicted2fresh wrote: I was approved yesterday and just checked my PCO account on their app. I see the card linked and the product I was approved for.
Were you instantly approved or under review then approved?
Dec 23, 2015
365 posts
236 upvotes
Kingston, ON
coolintheshade wrote: Were you instantly approved or under review then approved?
Not addicted2fresh, but I got a notification of the website saying "you're approved for World Elite", the website says one email that said "Your application is currently under review. You will be notified of the status of your application by email or mail" followed by an email saying I have been approved.
Last edited by syntaxerror on May 28th, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1540 posts
762 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
can anyone educate me about the PC Optimum points? are they the similar to aeroplan miles? can they be exchanged for flights, merchandise?

thx
Dec 23, 2015
365 posts
236 upvotes
Kingston, ON
xuanzh wrote: can anyone educate me about the PC Optimum points? are they the similar to aeroplan miles? can they be exchanged for flights, merchandise?

thx
Points accumulated on select items at Loblaws owned grocery stores ( Loblaws, Zehrs, Your Independent Grocer, Superstore, Valumart, ect) or on all purchases made at Shoppers Drug Mart. They can be used on groceries and other items in Loblaws owned stores with the exception of alcohol and prescription medication. Every 1000 points is $1, and the minimum redemption is $10 or 10,000 points.

You cannot use your points for Flights, gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets, or prescription medication.
Last edited by syntaxerror on May 28th, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 6, 2019
823 posts
1359 upvotes
It's a rewards program by the Loblaw company (Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore, No Frills, SDM, Independent, etc)

You earn points on qualifying products and once you hit 10000 points you can redeem it for $10 off your next purchase, no minimum spending required. You can't exchange it for products or flights, only on purchases at the Loblaw owned stores.

With the PC Mastercard, you have more ways of earning points, which means you get discounts faster.

It's one of the best rewards program in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8910 posts
9939 upvotes
The Prairies
syntaxerror wrote: Not addicted2fresh, but I got a notification of the website saying "you're approved for World Elite", the website says one email that said "Your application is currently under review. You will be notified of the status of your application by email or mail" followed by an email saying I have been approved.
Did you check to see if your card got linked to your Optimum account?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8910 posts
9939 upvotes
The Prairies
syntaxerror wrote: Points accumulated on select items at Loblaws owned grocery stores ( Loblaws, Zehrs, Your Independent Grocer, Superstore, Valumart, ect) or on all purchases made at Shoppers Drug Mart. They can be used on groceries and other items in Loblaws owned stores with the exception of alcohol and prescription medication. Every 1000 points is $1, and the minimum redemption is $10 or 10,000 points.

You cannot use your points for Flights, gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets, or prescription medication.
To add, you get points for all purchases, not just at Loblaws owned stores.
You just get a higher rate at Loblaws stores, depending on the card you get.
But outside Loblaws stores, you still get 1% return in PC points.
Just thought I’d clear that up, as your post makes it sound like you only earn at Loblaws owned stores.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1260 posts
224 upvotes
Stouffville
I just tried to apply and I got an error "something wrong on there side"?
May 10, 2008
72 posts
127 upvotes
North York
coolintheshade wrote: Were you instantly approved or under review then approved?
It was pretty much instant approval. I got one email saying it was under review followed by another saying it was approved only a few seconds later.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4711 posts
851 upvotes
Georgetown
So you can't apply for a specific card? They just decide which of the 3 they send you?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8910 posts
9939 upvotes
The Prairies
Tiberius wrote: So you can't apply for a specific card? They just decide which of the 3 they send you?
That’s right.
Dependant on income and presumably credit score.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4711 posts
851 upvotes
Georgetown
coolintheshade wrote: That’s right.
Dependant on income and presumably credit score.
Thanks! This seems like a card where it makes sense to NOT get a second card for a spouse, but rather to have them get their own card (and bonus) and then just merge the rewards account as a "family"...
Sep 15, 2019
439 posts
1477 upvotes
High
What’s the best way to upgrade to WE Mc if I have the PCMC currently. Is the customer support helpful enough to do this? I haven’t spent $25k on the card yet
Dec 23, 2015
365 posts
236 upvotes
Kingston, ON
coolintheshade wrote: Did you check to see if your card got linked to your Optimum account?
I didn't bother linking it to my optimum account. I assume it would otherwise show up there once activated.
Dec 23, 2015
365 posts
236 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Babaji01 wrote: What’s the best way to upgrade to WE Mc if I have the PCMC currently. Is the customer support helpful enough to do this? I haven’t spent $25k on the card yet
You could ask, is your household income over 150k? I included everyone in my immediate family currently working as we all still live together.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15417 posts
13859 upvotes
Going to the Moon
syntaxerror wrote: Points accumulated on select items at Loblaws owned grocery stores ( Loblaws, Zehrs, Your Independent Grocer, Superstore, Valumart, ect) or on all purchases made at Shoppers Drug Mart. They can be used on groceries and other items in Loblaws owned stores with the exception of alcohol and prescription medication. Every 1000 points is $1, and the minimum redemption is $10 or 10,000 points.

cardholders get access to pc travel, can't pts be redeemed on flightz there? i never tried...
Babaji01 wrote: What’s the best way to upgrade to WE Mc if I have the PCMC currently. Is the customer support helpful enough to do this? I haven’t spent $25k on the card yet
churn. cancel now and reapply in 6+ months. use ctfs WE in the meantime for 3x groceries.
🐧Premium Life: CDC💳 [❄️Icey❄️ Private Status]/SwissBorg🍀 Genesis💎/InLock🔓/Netflix📺 UHD [100% off]/Amazon 🛍️[Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]🥕
Sep 15, 2019
439 posts
1477 upvotes
High
syntaxerror wrote: You could ask, is your household income over 150k? I included everyone in my immediate family currently working as we all still live together.
got turned down. its stupid cause if i were to apply rn and enter my family income i would be able to get the WEMC but im supposed to spend $25k anually to be eligible now that the account is already open