Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 3:43 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6966 posts
3438 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: you do the bt online yourself after the fact to another CC. note that they can be stingy on cl. fwiw, they don't verify income.
Do you mean bt FROM another CC? How do you do a BT anyway, is that initiated from the other credit card, or from PC side? And basically you're transferring your debt over to PC right? (and pay less interest first 6 months)
Nov 16, 2016
68 posts
137 upvotes
zywan0124 wrote: Do they really check the income requirement for each card? My household income is between 90k to 100k in 2019, if I apply for the wrold mastercard, will it be rejected due to income requirement not met?
If you have a good credit score that matters more, I have a great credit score (not bragging just saying) so I have always been able to apply for cards above my income threshold, this card was one of them
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2826 posts
1825 upvotes
Moon
QQ: My mom has a PC WE Black card already, can i pool my points with hers? (She can use the points better than me)
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Dec 31, 2016
447 posts
339 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
If I remember correctly, didn't they throw in 1 Year PC insiders membership with this offer....? It was for a very short period and it was not advertised but available upon asking the store rep
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15417 posts
13859 upvotes
Going to the Moon
fightbriz wrote: It must be thru a special link right? Because pcfinancial.ca doesn't mention anything
@Gtaphotog beat me to posting the link. OP updated.
coolintheshade wrote: Been waiting for this!
Thanks @titaniumtux !
Yw
ronak137 wrote: Hard pressed to find people on RFD that do that ;)
They just won't admit it.
fightbriz wrote: Do you mean bt FROM another CC? How do you do a BT anyway, is that initiated from the other credit card, or from PC side? And basically you're transferring your debt over to PC right? (and pay less interest first 6 months)
You borrow from PCF to make a payment to a different CC.

If you have no balance on that different CC, just have the issuer transfer those funds to bank.
🐧Premium Life: CDC💳 [❄️Icey❄️ Private Status]/SwissBorg🍀 Genesis💎/InLock🔓/Netflix📺 UHD [100% off]/Amazon 🛍️[Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]🥕
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6035 posts
3942 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The PC Financial World Elite Mastercard would be the best one correct?

Any additional benefits?
Jul 8, 2013
307 posts
314 upvotes
AMHERST
Thank you OP, this just justified my following of RFD for the past 6 months.
Mar 15, 2019
88 posts
61 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: QQ: My mom has a PC WE Black card already, can i pool my points with hers? (She can use the points better than me)
Yeah. She just needs to log into her pc optimum account and add you to her household. She would enter your email address and once you click the link it'll pool any points both of you have. This does reset your PC optimum offers for about 2-3 weeks until the system figures out your purchases again.
Mar 15, 2019
88 posts
61 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: So you had a card already and called (not online) to upgrade to world or world elite, and just said yeah i have required income, and they upgraded you no problem?

What about applying for the first time, and doing it online, will they verify, or call you to verify? Or have a way to know since they run a credit check?
I had the basic card as a single user. I called to upgrade it about 4 or 5 months later and the rep asked if I meet the minimum requirements. (I did not). I said yes and they sent me the black card about a week later.

I use the free equifax to check my credit report. No hard credit checks on my report when I applied or when I upgraded. I do have a great credit score though (not a brag). I applied in store the first time. There was a rep going around giving away points or something?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2370 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
Redcontrollers wrote: One of the best Canadian no-AF credit cards. It has good insurances and concierge as well. Price matching + PC points is a deadly combo that will save you hundreds annually.
Thanks for mentioning this!

Would you mind giving a little more info on this or link to where they talk about it? really interesting in this price matching.

Edit: after trying to search for myself, have this question as well, is this only for the travel purchase?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2091 posts
2106 upvotes
Redcontrollers wrote: One of the best Canadian no-AF credit cards. It has good insurances and concierge as well. Price matching + PC points is a deadly combo that will save you hundreds annually.
Price matching? Do tell me more
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1041 posts
2999 upvotes
Thanks, I just applied. Should make a nice addition to my Canadian Tire card.

How long does it typically take to hear back from PC Financial?
Aug 13, 2019
233 posts
551 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: Price matching? Do tell me more
Grocery stores such as Walmart, Fresh Co., No Frills, Superstore can match the prices of their competitors
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1358 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
RaeRaeS wrote: I had the basic card as a single user. I called to upgrade it about 4 or 5 months later and the rep asked if I meet the minimum requirements. (I did not). I said yes and they sent me the black card about a week later.

I use the free equifax to check my credit report. No hard credit checks on my report when I applied or when I upgraded. I do have a great credit score though (not a brag). I applied in store the first time. There was a rep going around giving away points or something?
Question is for this- for existing basic cardholders- if they call, would they get the points?
I thought PCF only allowed 1 primary card per person.
Jun 10, 2017
739 posts
963 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Sorry what do you mean by this
I think he's alluding to the potential to earn by transferring to an account that earns at a higher interest. I.e, on my tangerine account I have a bonus that allows me to earn 2.8% until end of August.. It's not much, but if you're approved for like 15k credit limit, you can earn a couple hundred bucks potentially for the duration of the 6 months promo.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6966 posts
3438 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: @Gtaphotog beat me to posting the link. OP updated.

Yw

They just won't admit it.

You borrow from PCF to make a payment to a different CC.

If you have no balance on that different CC, just have the issuer transfer those funds to bank.
Transfer what funds to what bank, if your other CC has no balance?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6966 posts
3438 upvotes
Toronto
GenericMember wrote: I think he's alluding to the potential to earn by transferring to an account that earns at a higher interest. I.e, on my tangerine account I have a bonus that allows me to earn 2.8% until end of August.. It's not much, but if you're approved for like 15k credit limit, you can earn a couple hundred bucks potentially for the duration of the 6 months promo.
I don't get it, so you tell PC that you owe a credit card debt (to which credit card?) of $15k (you actually don't), PC loans you $15k (this is a balance transfer?) and you put it in tangerine to earn 2.8%, while paying 0.97% to PC, so profit?

But doesn't PC have to see how much you owe the other credit card? Or isn't it direct, like PC pays off your other credit card directly to the penny, no more no less?

I'm still confused how a balance transfer works, you can't just tell them how much you want to pay off the other CC no?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3018 posts
2885 upvotes
Prince George
Worst thread title ever. Zero searchable terms, and no clue as to what it’s about unless you already know roughly how it all works.

Edit: Thank you for updating the title. Thumbs Up Sign
Last edited by cheaper_than_cheap on May 25th, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2184 posts
2885 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Worst thread title ever. Zero searchable terms, and no clue as to what it’s about unless you already know roughly how it all works.
Would you like the OP to chew your food too.

Click on the link and read
May 23, 2020
99 posts
77 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: I don't get it, so you tell PC that you owe a credit card debt (to which credit card?) of $15k (you actually don't), PC loans you $15k (this is a balance transfer?) and you put it in tangerine to earn 2.8%, while paying 0.97% to PC, so profit?

But doesn't PC have to see how much you owe the other credit card? Or isn't it direct, like PC pays off your other credit card directly to the penny, no more no less?

I'm still confused how a balance transfer works, you can't just tell them how much you want to pay off the other CC no?
PC doesn't care if you really owe money or not. They can transfer the money to a bank account generally.The real downside is this really hurts your credit score esp. the utilization ratio part so may negatively affect CC approval and mortgage etc. I took out a BT to pay off student loan with a credit score of 800, but got declined by Tangerine CC(gasp). I was still at 800 and got approved after paying off the BT.
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)