Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 12:34 am
Oct 2, 2018
6 posts
8 upvotes
the pin we selected during activation gets written on to the chip during the first transaction and it cannot be done using NFC.
so we need to insert the card the first time and from next use, pin is verified by tap.
when a card is renewed, it may come with the existing pin loaded into the chip.
Jun 16, 2020
28 posts
22 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: I like an extra 5,000 PC points! Are they doing that at every location with a PC Financial rep? How would I ask for those extra points?
Not sure. The rep was actively approaching customers in-store.
Tangerine $25 Orange PIN Referral Bonus
Zoomer Wireless $40.50 per month for 6GB LTE+Unlimited Talk/Global Text plan. $50 Referral Bonus plus $100 New Customer Activation Credit plus free Samsung A20 phone (no monthly tab).
May 21, 2006
171 posts
55 upvotes
May 28: Applied for the card
June 11: Verification Call
June 17: Card Shipment E-mail
June 18: E-mail about 20k points and confirmation it's the WE card.
June 24: Got the card in the mail today. My previously closed PCF MC still shows up in my online account and i got 8,000 points from that card was added to my new account.
Nov 2, 2013
31 posts
13 upvotes
I'm still waiting for the remaining balance of the 80k points from last summer.
Thanked 0 times for 0 posts
May 2, 2017
547 posts
845 upvotes
Tried to call today to upgrade my very old pcf mc regular to a world but they require a 25k yearly spending... Havent used this card in a while
Jul 7, 2016
274 posts
496 upvotes
Promotion got extended to apply by August 30, 2020:
PC Financial wrote: Apply by August 30, 2020 and we'll put 100,000 bonus points* in your PC OptimumTM account when you make a first purchase with your new card at participating stores.
May 18, 2017
423 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
PC financial is so garbage. On top of the disaster of having to verify my ID/address AFTER they had approved me, there is even more trouble to link the PC Opt to my PC MasterCard. My accounts are not linked even after putting in the info during the application process...what is the point of that field then...

Had to call PCF, then PC Optimum and then they had to forward my information further to IT. Then IT emails me today asking me for my account information and name...why did they not forward this information originally....

GUH! worst credit card experience ever.
May 31, 2008
883 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
Seanne wrote: Tried to call today to upgrade my very old pcf mc regular to a world but they require a 25k yearly spending... Havent used this card in a while
Did they actually tell you that based on your past spend- they cannot upgrade you or they just asked you if you do spend 25k?
May 2, 2017
547 posts
845 upvotes
submalst wrote: Did they actually tell you that based on your past spend- they cannot upgrade you or they just asked you if you do spend 25k?
They said they cannot upgrade because of the 'new' requirement. I mentioned the household income but they said they 'they dont do that anymore', exact words.
Nov 2, 2013
31 posts
13 upvotes
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: PC financial is so garbage. On top of the disaster of having to verify my ID/address AFTER they had approved me, there is even more trouble to link the PC Opt to my PC MasterCard. My accounts are not linked even after putting in the info during the application process...what is the point of that field then...

Had to call PCF, then PC Optimum and then they had to forward my information further to IT. Then IT emails me today asking me for my account information and name...why did they not forward this information originally....

yep. I think that's why I'm having difficulty with the remaining 80k points.
I've talked to so many reps and they're told me that they were fixing it.
Thanked 0 times for 0 posts
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1129 posts
407 upvotes
Applied 5 days after my spouse . I got my card already , my spouse still waiting for the card. Canada post to blame.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6028 posts
2716 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: PC financial is so garbage. On top of the disaster of having to verify my ID/address AFTER they had approved me, there is even more trouble to link the PC Opt to my PC MasterCard. My accounts are not linked even after putting in the info during the application process...what is the point of that field then...

You are lucky that they have already email you to ask for info. I called 2 times and they told me it will take 4 to 6 weeks. Yes, weeks, not days.
It is hopeless for me to link the card to pc account. Loudly Crying Face
capitalism wrote: I'm still waiting for the remaining balance of the 80k points from last summer.
From last summer? Face Screaming In Fear
Seems like it is hopeless to link my cards then.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 22, 2017
57 posts
29 upvotes
m2j0b7
I applied and got approved right away. But one weird thing happened after 5 mins, I got a fake automated call from 905-355-1211 about some RCMP investigation.

I normally don't receive fake calls, not sure if it was a coincidence that I got such a call right after the application. Wonder if any other person experienced the same.
Aug 28, 2014
378 posts
484 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
vishal198900 wrote: I applied and got approved right away. But one weird thing happened after 5 mins, I got a fake automated call from 905-355-1211 about some RCMP investigation.

I normally don't receive fake calls, not sure if it was a coincidence that I got such a call right after the application. Wonder if any other person experienced the same.
How did you manage to associate an RCMP scam call to a PC financial credit card application