Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 12:34 am
Jul 2, 2019
40 posts
70 upvotes
I got an email saying I got approved after 15 days. It did not mention what is the type of the card. Does that mean I need to wait and see which card it is?
Nov 11, 2006
796 posts
292 upvotes
dealicious wrote: I got an email saying I got approved after 15 days. It did not mention what is the type of the card. Does that mean I need to wait and see which card it is?
A few days later, you will receive another email informing you of the 100,000 pts welcome offer. In it, it will tell you whether you've been approved for the PC Financial World Elite Mastercard, PC Financial World MC or the PC Financial MC.

Agree, it's ridiculous it takes that long to find out.
Jul 2, 2019
40 posts
70 upvotes
CanRulez wrote: A few days later, you will receive another email informing you of the 100,000 pts welcome offer. In it, it will tell you whether you've been approved for the PC Financial World Elite Mastercard, PC Financial World MC or the PC Financial MC.

Agree, it's ridiculous it takes that long to find out.
Is it the email below?
Does that mean I got approved for the lowest offering they have? If so, would it be any worth talking to them and upgrading to WE MC?
You've been approved for a PC Financial Mastercard®.
Dec 2, 2017
291 posts
193 upvotes
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: PC financial is so garbage. On top of the disaster of having to verify my ID/address AFTER they had approved me, there is even more trouble to link the PC Opt to my PC MasterCard. My accounts are not linked even after putting in the info during the application process...what is the point of that field then...

Had to call PCF, then PC Optimum and then they had to forward my information further to IT. Then IT emails me today asking me for my account information and name...why did they not forward this information originally....

GUH! worst credit card experience ever.
Don't bother waiting. Just create a new PC optimum account and link your MC and then just connect them together as a household.

I've been calling them and receiving "IT emails" every week for the past 2 months. Then eventually gave up.

Now I've got everything sorted kinda...all by myself
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6028 posts
2716 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
EuRaFree wrote: Don't bother waiting. Just create a new PC optimum account and link your MC and then just connect them together as a household.

I've been calling them and receiving "IT emails" every week for the past 2 months. Then eventually gave up.

Now I've got everything sorted kinda...all by myself
Sound like your solution is more reliable than PC.
Update: Unfortunately, your method is no go for me too.
I tried to make a new account and link the PC cc. It gave me the same error.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Dec 21, 2009
640 posts
223 upvotes
Vancouver
I applied and got approved instantly.
Says card will arrive in 3-5 days.
Does the card have masterpass?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16057 posts
2657 upvotes
Toronto
dealicious wrote: Is it the email below?
Does that mean I got approved for the lowest offering they have? If so, would it be any worth talking to them and upgrading to WE MC?
You should get an email that outlines the welcome bonus.
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 8.11.43 AM.png
Oct 20, 2006
98 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I've had my card for a month, made multiple purchases and it's fully paid off. Still haven't received my 100,000 pts
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6028 posts
2716 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
From reading this thread, one can see how messed up is PC Financial's IT department.
My guess is they have patch over patch over patch.
And those who design the initial system are long gone.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16057 posts
2657 upvotes
Toronto
C-Bacon wrote: I've had my card for a month, made multiple purchases and it's fully paid off. Still haven't received my 100,000 pts
Have you submitted a points inquiry?
Feb 28, 2013
5 posts
I thought I was one of the luckier ones, as my card was sync'd with my optimum account, got my 100k.. But after that, got issues with their security blocking. Can't say I would trust this to be a daily driver card and will always have to bring a backup card. Caught that in time to make sure my partner has a backup in time. They ensure me this is only due to the first time setup, but reading these issues and being used to using other credit cards... thinking they are some too bit , small time operation.
Apr 12, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
dealicious wrote: Is it the email below?
I got the same email, with no mention of the 100k bonus or card type. Still received the WE card, and my "welcome package" mentioned that I would receive a bonus on first purchase, but no specific amount. I made my first purchase at Shopper's on June 22nd and the purchase has cleared on my card but no sign of any bonus points yet (not even the 20k that some people have received before the additional 80k), so I just sent a points inquiry and hopefully it gets sorted out.
Feb 16, 2003
502 posts
63 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Sound like your solution is more reliable than PC.
Update: Unfortunately, your method is no go for me too.
I tried to make a new account and link the PC cc. It gave me the same error.
Same situation here. Put in my optimum # during application, they didn't link it. (Previous approved application did link the account)
Ask them to link, 1st guy told me 24-48 hrs. Called back, told me will take a couple more days. 3rd time, got email saying it will take 3-6 weeks!
How pathetic are they. How hard is to add a number in a profile.
Problem with linking household is that the offers get reset. Worst i'll just use it separately and clear the points and cancel the card.
WTB:
Jun 12, 2020
20 posts
42 upvotes
Just got my 100k points, turn around time was about a week or two. I also received an email saying I was getting the 100k points
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
theflyingsquirrel wrote: From reading this thread, one can see how messed up is PC Financial's IT department.
My guess is they have patch over patch over patch.
And those who design the initial system are long gone.
Yep, after reading all these stories I told myself it's not even worth the 100$ if one falls into their troubleshooting systems trap.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent