Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 12:34 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6027 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Zen wrote: Same situation here. Put in my optimum # during application, they didn't link it. (Previous approved application did link the account)
Ask them to link, 1st guy told me 24-48 hrs. Called back, told me will take a couple more days. 3rd time, got email saying it will take 3-6 weeks!
How pathetic are they. How hard is to add a number in a profile.
Problem with linking household is that the offers get reset. Worst i'll just use it separately and clear the points and cancel the card.
I see some fb post and the person said after 1 years, she still cannot link her card.......
Everytime you contact them, they just telling you to wait until you give up.
I think that is their strategy. Let you wait and rot till you give up.
PC Financials is probably the only cc that gives you so much trouble each step of the way.
Every step i took to get this cc is a struggle.
The hell tour starts from the moment i click the application button on my browser.

To really use this card, i think i need to scan the PC reward card and then use the PC cc.
But then I have 2 pools of points and you cannot transfer between them.
It is such a pain to use.
Gosh, I hate them so much that I want to literally burn my card.
I need to calm myself down to use up the 100k points before I actually burn it.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Apr 8, 2018
31 posts
52 upvotes
Question. If you scan a PC optimum card that is already linked to another PC Financial card at the time of purchase does the bonus reward and purchase points get rewarded to the PC Optimum card you scanned or does the credit card have its own points balance and accrue there?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6027 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
hungcy wrote: Question. If you scan a PC optimum card that is already linked to another PC Financial card at the time of purchase does the bonus reward and purchase points get rewarded to the PC Optimum card you scanned or does the credit card have its own points balance and accrue there?
The coupons and base point will go to points card. 35/$ will go to cc. That is what they told me since for me, it is impossible to link the 2.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
1866 posts
193 upvotes
applied online through the OP's link and was approved instantly. says card will be in the mail in 3-5 business days. pretty damn quick if it actually arrives next week. will see
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
dp. never got phone call or email. out of impatience i called the ivr and successfully activated my card. looks like i'll make a trip to sdm this weekend.

Edit: I did first spend at SDM, also registered card online. Only issue is that PCO pts card is not linked, and I am unable to link it myself online.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1104 posts
469 upvotes
Montreal
junggoo wrote: Has anyone been able to get the welcome bonus by using the card at Esso in the past? I'm wondering if I need to visit a Loblaws grocery store or if Esso counts to receive the welcome bonus.
I do not have the answer to your question but I would go to Loblaws/SDM to be 100% sure to get the 100K points
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16057 posts
2657 upvotes
Toronto
junggoo wrote: Has anyone been able to get the welcome bonus by using the card at Esso in the past? I'm wondering if I need to visit a Loblaws grocery store or if Esso counts to receive the welcome bonus.
As per website:

Allow 2-3 weeks from qualifying purchase on your new card at Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix or participating Loblaw banner stores for bonus PC Optimum points to be awarded. Each welcome offer is limited to one per new PC Financial Mastercard® account and the offer may be terminated or changed at any time without notice.
Jun 28, 2011
350 posts
89 upvotes
VANCOUVER
On another note..does PC Financial still do credit checks with both Equifax and TU?
I have monitoring with Equifax (thanks to a security breach, I signed up for 1 year of free monitoring) and I received notice of a credit inquiry and it was PC.
I have the Credit Karma app and an inquiry from PC hasn't shown up yet.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16057 posts
2657 upvotes
Toronto
travelandshoppingwoman77 wrote: On another note..does PC Financial still do credit checks with both Equifax and TU?
I have monitoring with Equifax (thanks to a security breach, I signed up for 1 year of free monitoring) and I received notice of a credit inquiry and it was PC.
I have the Credit Karma app and an inquiry from PC hasn't shown up yet.
I have monitoring on TU and Equifax and there was no inquiry from PC on TU.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16057 posts
2657 upvotes
Toronto
junggoo wrote: Yeah, I know what it says but wanted to check for a DP that counters the terms and conditions.
It was a PITA to get my card activated and linked to a optimum account. I wasn't about to take any chances so the very first time I used the card was at SDM.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
Quick update. I created a new PC Optimum pts account, added the MC to it, then linked it to my main account via household. Wasn't able to add the MC directly. I also can't be bothered to sit and wait while customer service asks me to call them, yet when I call they don't pick up due to perpetual wait times.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10924 posts
2798 upvotes
Scarberia
titaniumtux wrote: dp. never got phone call or email. out of impatience i called the ivr and successfully activated my card. looks like i'll make a trip to sdm this weekend.

Edit: I did first spend at SDM, also registered card online. Only issue is that PCO pts card is not linked, and I am unable to link it myself online.
Maybe they maid it harder to link pc opts account due to not wanting churners :D , im too lazy to rinse and repeat! i hardly shop at sdm and no frills , prolly just keep the card and try to get the WE cdn tire card! thats my life goal now lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
mikka2017 wrote: Maybe they maid it harder to link pc opts account due to not wanting churners :D , im too lazy to rinse and repeat! i hardly shop at sdm and no frills , prolly just keep the card and try to get the WE cdn tire card! thats my life goal now lol
I keep CTFS Down-pointing Red Triangle WE and churn PCF :twisted:
Apr 12, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
needthatdeal wrote: I got the same email, with no mention of the 100k bonus or card type. Still received the WE card, and my "welcome package" mentioned that I would receive a bonus on first purchase, but no specific amount. I made my first purchase at Shopper's on June 22nd and the purchase has cleared on my card but no sign of any bonus points yet (not even the 20k that some people have received before the additional 80k), so I just sent a points inquiry and hopefully it gets sorted out.
Just a heads-up for anyone in the same situation (received the card but no confirmation of any bonuses). In response to my points inquiry, they confirmed that I was eligible for to 100k points, and I actually the full 100k the next day (June 27).

So in my experience, you should still get your bonus, even if you only receive the "You've been approved for a PC Financial Mastercard" email instead of the "100k points" one.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1129 posts
407 upvotes
needthatdeal wrote: Just a heads-up for anyone in the same situation (received the card but no confirmation of any bonuses). In response to my points inquiry, they confirmed that I was eligible for to 100k points, and I actually the full 100k the next day (June 27).

So in my experience, you should still get your bonus, even if you only receive the "You've been approved for a PC Financial Mastercard" email instead of the "100k points" one.
I got an email shortly after approval telling that the card comes with the 100k sign up bonus.