Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 12:34 am
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1129 posts
407 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: I keep CTFS Down-pointing Red Triangle WE and churn PCF :twisted:
How often to churn pc we? I.e close after how many months and reapply after his many months?
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2018
283 posts
278 upvotes
ON
titaniumtux wrote: I keep CTFS Down-pointing Red Triangle WE and churn PCF :twisted:
whats good in ctfs?
KUBA: Know Understand Believe and Act.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
ArtJobs wrote: whats good in ctfs?
3+x ectm at partner stores, 3x grocery (i use for no-amex grocery), utility bill pay, free CT roadside assistance gold, amazing customer service and other cool tricks. it's arguably Canada's best keeper MC assuming you pair it with other cards/products for travel medical, forex spend, other offers, etc.
headleygrange wrote: How often to churn pc we? I.e close after how many months and reapply after his many months?
once per year. apply in june for 100k pts, cancel in winter.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2018
283 posts
278 upvotes
ON
titaniumtux wrote: 3+x ectm at partner stores, 3x grocery (i use for no-amex grocery), utility bill pay, free CT roadside assistance gold, amazing customer service and other cool tricks. it's arguably Canada's best keeper MC assuming you pair it with other cards/products for travel medical, forex spend, other offers, etc.


once per year. apply in june for 100k pts, cancel in winter.
ok, tks. basically if all my groceries are from either superstore or walmart, PC is better option for me:)
KUBA: Know Understand Believe and Act.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
ArtJobs wrote: ok, tks. basically if all my groceries are from either superstore or walmart, PC is better option for me:)
If all your groceries are from Superstore or Walmart, then CTFS or PCF are a break-even (unless you exceed $12k at Superstore annually). You pay utility bills, right? If yes, CTFS already would earn you more than PCF, ceteris paribus.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2018
283 posts
278 upvotes
ON
titaniumtux wrote: If all your groceries are from Superstore or Walmart, then CTFS or PCF are a break-even (unless you exceed $12k at Superstore annually). You pay utility bills, right? If yes, CTFS already would earn you more than PCF, ceteris paribus.
well, my utility bills are paid from chequing, as if i pay thru cc i should pay more, e.g. hydro or gas. phone is also chequing, only internet is CC:) 3% cb. i believe no use case for me for ctfs or pcf. pcf is just to get the points and keep them for BF or BD redemption;)
KUBA: Know Understand Believe and Act.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
ArtJobs wrote: well, my utility bills are paid from chequing, as if i pay thru cc i should pay more, e.g. hydro or gas. phone is also chequing, only internet is CC:) 3% cb. i believe no use case for me for ctfs or pcf. pcf is just to get the points and keep them for BF or BD redemption;)
It's 1x eCTM on bill pay with CTFS Down-pointing Red Triangle WE. But...you shouldn't hoard PC Optimum pts, given the likelihood of PCO pts getting stolen (apparently it still happens).

Anyway your call, I rather keep CTFS since they're a more awesome issuer, though I know a lot of ppl keep PCF given its offering.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1035 posts
240 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Luckily they properly linked my existing optimum account to my new pc financial card. When I make future purchases with the MasterCard do I also need to scan my optimum card, or will points be properly added when the purchases are posted on my credit card?
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 11, 2018
89 posts
71 upvotes
leonheartx wrote: Luckily they properly linked my existing optimum account to my new pc financial card. When I make future purchases with the MasterCard do I also need to scan my optimum card, or will points be properly added when the purchases are posted on my credit card?
You can download the app and set the preference.
When you use the PC mc, you can earn & redeem your points without showing your optimum card unless you change the preference.
Member
Jun 18, 2017
332 posts
214 upvotes
Just got my card and yep they want to verify a few things. They say my address in the application doesn’t match the credit file so they need proof of address. Seems like everyone has the same issue. Haha. She said sometimes when the application is done online the info doesn’t go properly or there are typos. I’m like the card showed up at the right address so it would have been typed properly and transfered properly. I don’t mind if it’s a extra security step. I can see someone applying with your name and sending it to a different address for fraud purposes so this will catch them as the fraudster won’t have a copy of a bill and a photo is showing your address.

Anyways they gave me $12k to play. RBC only gave me $5k for my westjet card. That one I need more on if you want to book a good family vacation.
Member
Oct 4, 2010
471 posts
157 upvotes
Surrey
i see a lot of discussion on this thread is about the card being locked or unable to add optimum account number. When i saw so many pages, i thought it was because it was superhot deal.

is this still a worthwhile card to get then? i need a new MC. Do you have to send in your pay stub or tax return to prove your income?
Newbie
Aug 6, 2019
72 posts
210 upvotes
No, you don't need to send in anything like that. Most of the trouble comes from not having the same name across the board when they credit check you and other problems with the accounts are I'd say much lesser than what this thread describes. This is a magnification of the smaller portion of the crowd with the problems. If you ask most of the people who signed up, (not on RFD) you'd probably get 80% of the people saying they had no problem (just my observation)
Sr. Member
Jul 30, 2016
502 posts
155 upvotes
I have the pc master card world elite, am I still allowed to apply one more.
gizmokrap wrote: No, you don't need to send in anything like that. Most of the trouble comes from not having the same name across the board when they credit check you and other problems with the accounts are I'd say much lesser than what this thread describes. This is a magnification of the smaller portion of the crowd with the problems. If you ask most of the people who signed up, (not on RFD) you'd probably get 80% of the people saying they had no problem (just my observation)
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 28, 2019
25 posts
35 upvotes
Got the card about 2 weeks ago, made my purchase a couple days later and got my 100k a couple days ago. No verification for me. Thanks OP
Just buy it.
Member
Oct 4, 2010
471 posts
157 upvotes
Surrey
so is the main difference between the mid tier and the top tier PC card the car rental/travel insurance benefits?

Top