Hot Deals

[President's Choice] Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 12:34 am
Aug 6, 2019
72 posts
210 upvotes
matrixfwd wrote: so is the main difference between the mid tier and the top tier PC card the car rental/travel insurance benefits?
And the amount of points you earn.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1129 posts
407 upvotes
Spouse Applied on Jun 14, instantly approved, but still not received the card. Lost in mail? Been getting reminders to activate the card.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10924 posts
2798 upvotes
Scarberia
Homer001 wrote: Just got my card and yep they want to verify a few things. They say my address in the application doesn’t match the credit file so they need proof of address. Seems like everyone has the same issue. Haha. She said sometimes when the application is done online the info doesn’t go properly or there are typos. I’m like the card showed up at the right address so it would have been typed properly and transfered properly. I don’t mind if it’s a extra security step. I can see someone applying with your name and sending it to a different address for fraud purposes so this will catch them as the fraudster won’t have a copy of a bill and a photo is showing your address.

Anyways they gave me $12k to play. RBC only gave me $5k for my westjet card. That one I need more on if you want to book a good family vacation.
damn nice, i only got a measly 4k to play with lol...put income at 80k
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10924 posts
2798 upvotes
Scarberia
headleygrange wrote: Spouse Applied on Jun 14, instantly approved, but still not received the card. Lost in mail? Been getting reminders to activate the card.
i requested a supplementary card...still not received it..been like 3 weeks at least
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 4, 2010
108 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
needthatdeal wrote: Just a heads-up for anyone in the same situation (received the card but no confirmation of any bonuses). In response to my points inquiry, they confirmed that I was eligible for to 100k points, and I actually the full 100k the next day (June 27).

So in my experience, you should still get your bonus, even if you only receive the "You've been approved for a PC Financial Mastercard" email instead of the "100k points" one.
I made my first purchase at SDM on Jun. 25 and receive an email today saying that I got a welcome offer of 20,000 bonus points. However, according to their terms & conditions: "Allow 2-3 weeks from qualifying purchase on your new card at Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix or participating Loblaw banner stores for bonus PC Optimum points to be awarded." Should I contact them now to clarify or wait 16 more days to see if additional bonus points will be given?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6027 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I cannot link the cc to my. Pts card.
So I went to the PC kiosk and ask them. Only 1 person was there and they were closing.
She asked me to show her my cc, and gave her my pc app to try to add.
After I entered my bday and the message showed. She took few more seconds than needed to look at the short message that told me to call. (probably to memorize my bday)
She then flipped my cc and told me to call that number on cc. (to memorize the 3 pin code in the back)
I have a strong feeling that she is stealing my identity and cc info.
She got my name, bday, cc number, and the 3 number security code when told me to call that number.
I realized too late.
Don't make the same mistake as me.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
DP...got the email that I got the 100k PCO pts. I don't see them in the PC Optimum account, so I guess it's a matter of waiting 4-6 weeks then...SMH...
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1129 posts
407 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: DP...got the email that I got the 100k PCO pts. I don't see them in the PC Optimum account, so I guess it's a matter of waiting 4-6 weeks then...SMH...
Yes - got email today, but no points in my account.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
6804 posts
6417 upvotes
The Prairies
titaniumtux wrote: DP...got the email that I got the 100k PCO pts. I don't see them in the PC Optimum account, so I guess it's a matter of waiting 4-6 weeks then...SMH...
headleygrange wrote: Yes - got email today, but no points in my account.
I received that email 2 days after I received my points.
My daughter received the email 2 days before her points arrived.
They’re all over the place.
The email telling me I received my points was the only email I received from them, aside from the vague approval email.
I didn’t receive any of the other emails everyone else received promoting the 100k points, showing which card you’re getting, or any other emails.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2012 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
I got approved for the World Elite mastercard. My income is just meeting that 80k. Would they still need verification? I find it weird theyd approve me without asking.

Also, I only plan to use this for the extra points at those stores and this wont be my main card. Do i need to spend a minimum each year?
Aug 6, 2019
72 posts
210 upvotes
yu203964 wrote: I made my first purchase at SDM on Jun. 25 and receive an email today saying that I got a welcome offer of 20,000 bonus points. However, according to their terms & conditions: "Allow 2-3 weeks from qualifying purchase on your new card at Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix or participating Loblaw banner stores for bonus PC Optimum points to be awarded." Should I contact them now to clarify or wait 16 more days to see if additional bonus points will be given?
Waiting on my 80k points as well and I've been waiting since mid June
Aug 29, 2017
120 posts
25 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: dp. never got phone call or email. out of impatience i called the ivr and successfully activated my card. looks like i'll make a trip to sdm this weekend.
Do you mind me asking what the credit limit is and when you cancelled your last PC credit card?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12807 posts
9779 upvotes
Leask
redflagcat wrote: Do you mind me asking what the credit limit is and when you cancelled your last PC credit card?
Got $4k CL this year (whelp), a drop from the $5k CL they gave me last year. I cancelled early December last year (around December 2nd...which is why I applied for the card on June 2nd this year).
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1132 posts
710 upvotes
Pickering
Made my first qualifying purchase on June 25th, and just got my points today.

:)

(Happy Canada's day!)
Images
  • 100k.PNG
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1638 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
Long gone are the good old days of getting $100 ultimate dining gift card on Canada day.

Happy Canada Day everyone!