Get 100k PC Optimum Points when you sign up for a PC Financial MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 3:43 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7503 posts
4112 upvotes
Montreal
YasirAli wrote: Check linked cards on your pc optimum app. You will know which credit card is linked. To know credit limit, we need to wait till we get the card
I ended up receiving an email saying my card type this Wednesday (applied Sunday), and the 100,000 points promotion with first purchase in their brands stores.

The pc optimum app still does not specify which card I have.
Mar 23, 2017
544 posts
480 upvotes
Canada
cashinstinct wrote: I ended up receiving an email saying my card type this Wednesday (applied Sunday), and the 100,000 points promotion with first purchase in their brands stores.

The pc optimum app still does not specify which card I have.
Did you link the card to your account while filling the application? I have attached screenshot from my account. It states the card type. I received my card today as well. What is it showing in your linked pc financial cards?
Images
  • E0D7E895-7F51-4842-850B-0BD461653834.jpeg
Jun 17, 2020
73 posts
139 upvotes
[quote=gizmokrap post_id=32946885 time=1596985814 user_id=1489823]
Give them hell. Ive been waiting since early June as well. Only got my 20k so far
[/quote]

Definitely chase them down. It seems like 20k is the default and you have to fight for the rest. I recall the person had to manually add 4x 20k bonus points, even though it should the sign up bonus. Customer service is not their strong suit and they constantly said to wait a few more weeks for it to come through.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1773 posts
2813 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Lol last time I applied for this card they gave me $500 (yes, five hundred) credit limit....for a world elite.

Cancelled it after 2 months.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18655 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
secretalcoholic wrote: Lol last time I applied for this card they gave me $500 (yes, five hundred) credit limit....for a world elite.

Cancelled it after 2 months.
R u churning it again? If yes then 500 won't b an issue lol Face With Tears Of Joy
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1773 posts
2813 upvotes
Canada, eh?
mikka2017 wrote: R u churning it again? If yes then 500 won't b an issue lol Face With Tears Of Joy
I suppose I could try and see if they'll give me an even lower CL for a WE card Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 30, 2009
98 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
CTFS Bill payment use to be as bad as everyone else's if not worst. Only used it because it had bill payments no one else had.. Had to find the Payee each time and enter the account # and payment. For Property Tax, I always sent a small payment first to test. Then the big payment close to the due date. Several years ago, CTFS screwed up, on my property Tax and I was charged late fees by the city. The city tax dept. Bank sent the payment back since it was a wrong Acct # they say. A year before, a payment went into someone else's Property Tax account.

I would phone in every other week to demand they refund the Late Payment. First they tried blaming me for inputting the wrong number, which proved false by their own records. In the end it was a blame the other Bank for the problem. The next year they improved their Bill Payment system so U have the Payee setup ready to go, like some credit unions.

titaniumtux wrote: Saw it on Reddit.

Guys, i only sign up for PCF MC when this offer hits, was same deal this time around last year.

Edit: it's an affiliate (but not a referral) link. I make no money when you sign up. In case RFD has some sort of redirect, please check out: www.pcfinancial (dot) ca/en/campaign/affiliate03 (URL uses SSL). Reddit link here.

Edit 2: strictly comparing the PCF AND CTFS world elite tier cards
  1. other feats: PCF for travel, CTFS for roadside assistance and bill pay feature. Since many of us have another card that covers travel (travel medical, travel booking portal), PCF might be redundant. But...CTFS has the best roadside assistance included with a CC (plus it's a no-AF card), and the bill pay feature is unrivaled
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7503 posts
4112 upvotes
Montreal
YasirAli wrote: Did you link the card to your account while filling the application? I have attached screenshot from my account. It states the card type. I received my card today as well. What is it showing in your linked pc financial cards?
Yes I did link it.
I see my first name and « null » in the linked pc financial cards.

It shows I have a card linked, but not the type of credit card.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15418 posts
13859 upvotes
Going to the Moon
sleeperz wrote: CTFS Bill payment use to be as bad as everyone else's if not worst. Only used it because it had bill payments no one else had.. Had to find the Payee each time and enter the account # and payment. For Property Tax, I always sent a small payment first to test. Then the big payment close to the due date. Several years ago, CTFS screwed up, on my property Tax and I was charged late fees by the city. The city tax dept. Bank sent the payment back since it was a wrong Acct # they say. A year before, a payment went into someone else's Property Tax account.

I would phone in every other week to demand they refund the Late Payment. First they tried blaming me for inputting the wrong number, which proved false by their own records. In the end it was a blame the other Bank for the problem. The next year they improved their Bill Payment system so U have the Payee setup ready to go, like some credit unions.
Somewhat off-topic to this thread but ya the CTFS bill pay has certainly drastically improved when they integrated it to the credit card web portal.
🐧Premium Life: CDC💳 [❄️Icey❄️ Private Status]/SwissBorg🍀 Genesis💎/InLock🔓/Netflix📺 UHD [100% off]/Amazon 🛍️[Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]🥕
Jul 10, 2019
163 posts
334 upvotes
Montreal
My process went pretty smooth so far.

1-Signed up on the 1st. Got approved and recieved an email.
2- Received a email on the 4th an exclusive offer (100K)
3- Received a card on the 10 and got a email on the same day to activate it.
4- Made a purchase at shoppers on the 11th
5- Received email on 13th stating I had gotten the 100K

Should arrive in my account in 2-3 days as per the agent over the phone.
Mar 17, 2005
521 posts
217 upvotes
I made the first purchase on Aug. 7 and got the "You've got 100,000 bonus points" email on 12th, though the welcome email stated 20K by mistake.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18655 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
so after a month of BS ,activation partially, sending in documents...im finally able to register my moms card lol..good thing i didtn' throw out that activation sticker...i also needed that code for the last time when setting up the PIN after yet another verification code was needed SMH.... to link a new pc sdm number.i had to make a new account under her name at pcoptimum.ca..then linked the cc number..last 4 digits ...now time to use the card for first time....see if i get locked out lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18655 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
i used my first purchase at circkle K esso shop...does that count for the 100k bonus or not, tia
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18655 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
darkhorz1 wrote: What is CTFS?
cdn tire card banking finanical services
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5331 posts
2571 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
What’s all the hype about the CTFS bill payment feature? Is it because you’re collecting points on bills that can’t normally be paid by credit card?
Aug 19, 2018
17 posts
4 upvotes
Signed up and got approved on the same day. I think I forgot to use the affiliate link though because I only received the 20k welcome point email.. Called customer service and told them I did sign up using the link and they said I should receive the extra 80k in 4 - 6 weeks if the link was really used lol Doubt I will get the extra points but planning on calling back in 6 weeks and ask them to manually reimburse my points. Hopefully it will work out because I would hate myself ifI lose out on 80 bucks just because I forgot to click on a link..
Jul 19, 2015
6 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PC Financial froze my account after 1 week claiming it was for "security purposes", and that I had to call in. I called and they told me to mail my documents (1 utility bill, 1 ID) to [email protected]. Here's the hilarious part: they then told me they REQUIRED $100 from my bank account as a part of this processing procedure. I told them to **** off and immediately canceled this card.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18655 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
smh, this has got to be the worse cc company!!! it(app and web login) keeps locking me out lol
Access Restricted
Your access is restricted. Please call us for assistance at 1 866 246 7262 [#10001]
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18655 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
ayyImao wrote: PC Financial froze my account after 1 week claiming it was for "security purposes", and that I had to call in. I called and they told me to mail my documents (1 utility bill, 1 ID) to [email protected]. Here's the hilarious part: they then told me they REQUIRED $100 from my bank account as a part of this processing procedure. I told them to **** off and immediately canceled this card.
wow, this might be happening to me now lol , is the 100$ refundable?tf

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)