3859 posts
2266 upvotes
Halifax

$20 Unlimited Canada-wide talk & text

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
President's Choice Mobile Prepaid
For $20 a month you get Unlimited Canada-wide talk & text, plus Call Display, 3-Way Calling, Voicemail and Call Waiting.

For $30 you can get 2GB of data included (1GB plus a 1 GB bonus)

President's Choice Mobile Prepaid uses the Bell network.

You also get up to 10% of the value of every Top-Up in PC Optimum™ points. and you get 20000 PC Optimum™ points after the second month.
Last edited by bridonca on Nov 6th, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
50 replies
Nov 21, 2016
300 posts
458 upvotes
abbotsford
What network does PC use? Is it reliable?
Dec 25, 2018
149 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
Is there any better way to park the number, need this as I am traveling overseas for 6 months and not be using my Fido number.
Wallet unsafe 😁
Nov 21, 2018
405 posts
569 upvotes
Mission, BC
coolgk wrote: Is there any better way to park the number, need this as I am traveling overseas for 6 months and not be using my Fido number.
If you have Shaw for TV/Internet you can port it for $20 (the sim fee) and use the free plan for as long as you want?
Jul 7, 2018
69 posts
461 upvotes
coolgk wrote: Is there any better way to park the number, need this as I am traveling overseas for 6 months and not be using my Fido number.
numberbarn.com is $5 USD one-time + $2 USD a month. It can take some time port it back out (1-2 weeks) as it's a landline number service. Also, 2FA SMS codes won't work.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4197 posts
751 upvotes
Toronto
bridonca wrote: For $20 a month you get Unlimited Canada-wide talk & text, plus Call Display, 3-Way Calling, Voicemail and Call Waiting.

For $30 you can get 2GB of data included (1GB plus a 1 GB bonus) PC Mobile Prepaid uses the Bell network.

If you add data, up to 10% of the value of every Top-Up in PC Optimum™ points. and you get 20000 PC Optimum™ points after the second month.
I currently pay $27 a month with Zoomer for 2GB and Canadawide calling.

If I switch to the $30 plan here I would get the same 2GB. Please can you clarify the PCO points? Do you get 20,000 points every top up? So every month?? Or do you get 20,000 as one-time after 2 months and then every month of $30 top-up you get 3,000 points? If so then this works out to the same cost of $27 as Zoomer for me.
Oct 31, 2017
245 posts
362 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
i would use something like Public Mobile to park your number at, take the cheapest plan at $15 a month, top it up at 2 and half months or earlier and it will be good for another 2 and half months, maybe somebody can confirm!! Thats what i did when i went to Mexico for 6 months 2 years ago!! I would still get the sim card at PC mobile and use your PC points to get the sim card, you would just pay the taxes!
Let's go Canucks
$35 Shaw unlimited talk and text plan between Canada, US and Mexico
25 gbs of data in Shaw network 2 gbs nationwide, in US and Mexico
Mar 22, 2018
579 posts
1103 upvotes
Canada
cessnabmw wrote: I currently pay $27 a month with Zoomer for 2GB and Canadawide calling.

If I switch to the $30 plan here I would get the same 2GB. Please can you clarify the PCO points? Do you get 20,000 points every top up? So every month?? Or do you get 20,000 as one-time after 2 months and then every month of $30 top-up you get 3,000 points? If so then this works out to the same cost of $27 as Zoomer for me.
No real reason to switch from Zoomer to PC Mobile unless you get poor reception with Rogers Network (Zoomer).

The 20,000 points is one time.

The 5% PC optimum points back is monthly, another 5% if you have PC MC

The big difference is this is prepaid and doesn't require a credit check
Last edited by funtastic on Nov 8th, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2018
579 posts
1103 upvotes
Canada
I upvoted because it's a good way to port a number out to wait for a winback call while still getting good/reliable services.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1502 posts
1156 upvotes
QuinteWest
Freedom has $99 for the year plan. You can park it or use it. Pretty cheap .
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1354 posts
1173 upvotes
Voip.ms is 0.85usd / month. I think it's $10 to port in. Sms is flaky right now on it but calls are fine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3859 posts
2266 upvotes
Halifax
strife wrote: Voip.ms is 0.85usd / month. I think it's $10 to port in. Sms is flaky right now on it but calls are fine.
I had a hell experience porting in to voip,ms, where I had to abandon the port. I am sure they are fine with the big 3 and their flankers, but other voip providers without an invoice, good luck!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3859 posts
2266 upvotes
Halifax
Fongo is a good option. You can still use the service when overseas! $25 port in, but other than that, everything else is free. when back on Canada, you can forward the Fongo number to a new provider.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22298 posts
3161 upvotes
strife wrote: Voip.ms is 0.85usd / month. I think it's $10 to port in. Sms is flaky right now on it but calls are fine.
Its free to post in
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1354 posts
1173 upvotes
bridonca wrote: I had a hell experience porting in to voip,ms, where I had to abandon the port. I am sure they are fine with the big 3 and their flankers, but other voip providers without an invoice, good luck!
I ported in from italkbb years back. But haven't done it in years. I do remember having to pay back then.
Oct 9, 2019
733 posts
1269 upvotes
Victoria, BC
$30 for 2GB is not a hot price. I rather zoomer's $36 plan unlimited everything and then 6GB LTE. It's on Rogers network.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1886 posts
3536 upvotes
bridonca wrote: Fongo is a good option. You can still use the service when overseas! $25 port in, but other than that, everything else is free. when back on Canada, you can forward the Fongo number to a new provider.
You beat me to it. I 100% agree with this option as being the best. You can use Fongo over WiFi and call back to Canada and still receive calls too. Once again, only while you're connected to WiFi. @bridonca is brilliant!!

As a side option if available, if they have affordable data only SIM's where you're going, you can have your Canadian number with you wherever you go.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.