Home & Garden

Pressure washer 2000 PSI 1.2gpm or 1800 PSI 1.4gpm?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2021 12:53 pm
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16862 posts
18597 upvotes
Oakville
You likely wouldn't notice the difference. Poor ratings for the cheaper one. No ratings for the other. Maybe go with a better brand.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
122 posts
25 upvotes
engineered wrote: You likely wouldn't notice the difference. Poor ratings for the cheaper one. No ratings for the other. Maybe go with a better brand.
Tbh most electric models all seem to so-so at best. I was just thinking at least with Costco I can return it if it sucks or breaks down the line. They don't have any other electric ones at Costco.

Poor reviews aside, based on the psi/gpm which one would be better, higher psi or higher gpm?

Up to $250 is there a brand you'd recommend?
Apr 17, 2016
345 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
I recently bought the 2000PSI version from Costco in store. I have only used it once so far. It seems to work well (cleaned car and driveway). My only concern was that it took a bit to 'prime' the pump with the first use. Once it was fully primed, it worked well. I will have to use it a few more times to see if I plan to keep it or not, but am happy with first use.

I haven't used an electric pressure washer before, only gas, so I don't really have anything to compare to. My understanding is that the electric ones are all limited by the power supply requirements for the pump so I don't know how different they'd all be.

I do like how this pressure washer is quite small. It has wheels but I don't see myself rolling it around too far, especially since it has a water hose attached to it but it has a low centre of gravity so it doesn't tip over.

Since it is from Costco, you can easily return it if you aren't happy. I had my eye on a different pressure washer but saw this one while browsing the store a while back. The price was decent and knowing I could return made me impulse buy it.
Nov 10, 2019
303 posts
226 upvotes
Have you considered the sun joe pressure washer from Amazon? Has higher gpm and psi and high reviews. Washed deck, windows, car, garage, and driveway with it. Did a fantastic job. Way enough power for my use.

amazon link

For general purpose like this, I think electric is fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1625 posts
1782 upvotes
West GTA
kimchibowl wrote: Have you considered the sun joe pressure washer from Amazon? Has higher gpm and psi and high reviews. Washed deck, windows, car, garage, and driveway with it. Did a fantastic job. Way enough power for my use.

amazon link

I have this one. It's good enough that I've never felt like I was missing out much by not having gas or an inverter. It's probably the best in the 'cheap electric pressure washer' category.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1138 posts
322 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Higher gpm is better since it is easy to change the pressure with different nozzles. Also depends on what you're using it for.

I have a preference to the Karcher K-series (K1700/1900/2000).
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
122 posts
25 upvotes
gfnstew wrote: I recently bought the 2000PSI version from Costco in store. I have only used it once so far. It seems to work well (cleaned car and driveway). My only concern was that it took a bit to 'prime' the pump with the first use. Once it was fully primed, it worked well. I will have to use it a few more times to see if I plan to keep it or not, but am happy with first use.

I haven't used an electric pressure washer before, only gas, so I don't really have anything to compare to. My understanding is that the electric ones are all limited by the power supply requirements for the pump so I don't know how different they'd all be.

I do like how this pressure washer is quite small. It has wheels but I don't see myself rolling it around too far, especially since it has a water hose attached to it but it has a low centre of gravity so it doesn't tip over.

Since it is from Costco, you can easily return it if you aren't happy. I had my eye on a different pressure washer but saw this one while browsing the store a while back. The price was decent and knowing I could return made me impulse buy it.
What was the in-store price? Did you try out the foam cannon it comes with?
kimchibowl wrote: Have you considered the sun joe pressure washer from Amazon? Has higher gpm and psi and high reviews. Washed deck, windows, car, garage, and driveway with it. Did a fantastic job. Way enough power for my use.

amazon link

I did, but I want to try and buy from Costco due to the return policy. If I'm not happy with it I would try the sun joe, seems like a lot of people buy this unit.
richuwo11 wrote: Higher gpm is better since it is easy to change the pressure with different nozzles. Also depends on what you're using it for.

I have a preference to the Karcher K-series (K1700/1900/2000).
I guess the two I linked are pretty similar, no idea why they'd even have two models so close in specs and $10 difference.