Hot Deals

Presto

CNE Canadian National Exhibition Toronto Presto Perk: 36% to 46% off Presale Tickets (expires August 18)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2022 7:01 am
Sep 17, 2016
21 posts
14 upvotes
Milton, ON
convoluted wrote: While the rides are very different from Wonderland, I would disagree you would be disappointed. Unlike Wonderland, if you go to CNE on a quieter day/time, you get to go on a LOT of rides, without any wait. They are also placed right next to each other so you can go on a lot of rides in a short period of time, versus waiting all day at Wonderland for 8-12 rides, on a good day.

One negative is the smaller rides tend to be more spinny and being close to each other, I found myself not feeling the greatest now in my adulthood lol.
I know you can't predict the future, but do you possibly know when is a quieter day/time? I am planning to take off on a weekday, most likely during the August period.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7325 posts
6028 upvotes
CorneliaT557522 wrote: I know you can't predict the future, but do you possibly know when is a quieter day/time? I am planning to take off on a weekday, most likely during the August period.
I'd choose a Tues or Wed.

Apparently it's Toonie Mondays so kids 13 and under can enter for $2. (avoid the special days in below link)

Link: https://www.theex.com/tickets/
Jan 11, 2009
659 posts
546 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: Since you seem like a pro, what age would you say would enjoy the smaller rides at CNE? My child is 4.5 and I was thinking of bringing them to the CNE for the first time this year but also thinking to just go to center island this year and do CNE next year.
Personally I'd pick the CNE over Centerville for a 5 year old. The kiddy rides are by the fire station and they have probably have 20 rides for that age there. There are probably a handful of rides rides in the adult section that younger kids can go on. You can look at their website and they give you a ride/height guide. Also take the chair lift from one end of the park to the other. Centerville is small and not worth what you pay for imo. Cne also has a whole animal farm section, horse shows, tanks and jets, firetrucks, arts and crafts and tons more stuff a little kid would enjoy.
Feb 24, 2017
138 posts
50 upvotes
FYI if anyone is a member of the Ontario Science Centre, they also have the same promo, says the following in the email:

Save up to 46% when you buy your tickets online using the link and access code below. Tickets can be used any day during the Ex, and the offer applies to Ride All Day Passes and admission-only tickets. Ticket prices go up on August 19, so buy now for the best deal!

I checked, the same prices.
Admission Pass, A $16.00
Ride All Day Pass, A $37.17
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7325 posts
6028 upvotes
Small update from Presto Perks page.

This promo is only valid till August 18 for presale tickets.

Deal is dead once the CNE begins on August 19.
Dec 7, 2007
18 posts
9 upvotes
xseanx wrote: Personally I'd pick the CNE over Centerville for a 5 year old. The kiddy rides are by the fire station and they have probably have 20 rides for that age there. There are probably a handful of rides rides in the adult section that younger kids can go on. You can look at their website and they give you a ride/height guide. Also take the chair lift from one end of the park to the other. Centerville is small and not worth what you pay for imo. Cne also has a whole animal farm section, horse shows, tanks and jets, firetrucks, arts and crafts and tons more stuff a little kid would enjoy.
As someone who worked at the CNE when they were younger - there's definitely way more to do at the CNE than at Centreville. On top of what you mentioned, there's a ton of shows that can be pretty fun for kids. The CNE will feel more hectic though, Centreville affords the ability to enjoy the rest of the island which is quieter.

Another person asked for targeting a quiet day - I would try to avoid special offer days, opening day and TFC home game days.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1952 posts
105 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
twex wrote:

Another person asked for targeting a quiet day - I would try to avoid special offer days, opening day and TFC home game days.
Not just TFC home games, but Argos (CFL) games too!

Anyhoo, I wonder if the CNE tickets - will appear as part of the Air Miles rewards redemption this year - but sadly, there's currently no avail so far...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7325 posts
6028 upvotes
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote:

Anyhoo, I wonder if the CNE tickets - will appear as part of the Air Miles rewards redemption this year - but sadly, there's currently no avail so far...
Air Miles is on its last legs right? Nail was in the coffin when LCBO changed from Air Miles to Aeroplan recently (among other retailers lost from the Air Miles program)
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
3439 posts
3389 upvotes
Whitby
We need more outdoor venues! Just sayin. ;)

Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1952 posts
105 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
dyalect wrote: We need more outdoor venues! Just sayin. ;)

Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Not just that, but I wish that the CNE should bring more shows and exhibits as well.

I remembered the time in which the CNE featured some extreme sports demos with some skateboarders, BMXers and inline rollerbladers too!
Sep 17, 2016
21 posts
14 upvotes
Milton, ON
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote: Not just TFC home games, but Argos (CFL) games too!

Based on that and not including the weekends, Opening Day (Aug 19 Fri), Kids' Toonie Monday (Aug 22 & 29), TFC has a home game on Aug 31 Wed and the Argonauts has a home game on Aug 26 Fri, I guess the most possible 'quieter' days will be Aug 23, 24, 25 & 30.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

ncdealseeker