Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

[Presto] Spend at least $25 and Earn a $5 Credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2023 5:00 pm
Oct 26, 2004
379 posts
53 upvotes
Will this work for the weekend pass? Say for the Niagara Falls trip?
---
Dec 2, 2010
569 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if a mobile load of $25 on a presto card would trigger this credit?
Mar 16, 2016
260 posts
170 upvotes
Does anyone know who to contact for missing credits on Scotia Amex? I’m missing $30 off 3x$60 at Sobeys and some other shop small credits on a supplementary card ugh
Oct 16, 2021
567 posts
1046 upvotes
YKF <-> YVR
xtriawke wrote: Does anyone know who to contact for missing credits on Scotia Amex? I’m missing $30 off 3x$60 at Sobeys and some other shop small credits on a supplementary card ugh
Unfortunately, you are probably SOL. Scotiabank will direct you to Amex. Amex will direct you to Scotiabank
I'm tired
Dec 12, 2004
539 posts
327 upvotes
blackstaffer wrote: Anyone know if a mobile load of $25 on a presto card would trigger this credit?
Not sure about a mobile load. I did a $25 Presto load at the Union Station UP Express station and will report back if it triggers the $5 credit. It's pending as "UP EXPRESS UNION TVM".
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1213 posts
774 upvotes
turbov6 wrote: Not sure about a mobile load. I did a $25 Presto load at the Union Station UP Express station and will report back if it triggers the $5 credit. It's pending as "UP EXPRESS UNION TVM".
I did five $5 Presto loads at the Union Station GO ticket vending machine yesterday and it's pending as "UNION STATION - GO TVM". I doubt that it would trigger the offer though, but will report back. I did five $5 loads to trigger my other Amex offer, which was spend $5 and earn a $2 credit.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5042 posts
1758 upvotes
turbov6 wrote: Not sure about a mobile load. I did a $25 Presto load at the Union Station UP Express station and will report back if it triggers the $5 credit. It's pending as "UP EXPRESS UNION TVM".
frugal1 wrote: I did five $5 Presto loads at the Union Station GO ticket vending machine yesterday and it's pending as "UNION STATION - GO TVM". I doubt that it would trigger the offer though, but will report back. I did five $5 loads to trigger my other Amex offer, which was spend $5 and earn a $2 credit.
The Amex T&Cs say this offer isn't valid on purchases at Presto vending machines, or purchases made online. If you regularly reload anyways it's no big deal to test it. I'm going to walk over to my local GO station and do a manual load on my card. I spend over $25 on the TTC easily anyways.
Jul 25, 2013
301 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Tapped on and off (2 times each) for a round trip to work 2 days ago using go. All I see is one $1 pending presto charge on Amex site. How long does it take to post? All taps with Watch said accepted on the presto screen
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2276 posts
1070 upvotes
Airport Rd & Que…
Infiniti2011 wrote: Tapped on and off (2 times each) for a round trip to work 2 days ago using go. All I see is one $1 pending presto charge on Amex site. How long does it take to post? All taps with Watch said accepted on the presto screen
Tapped on Tuesday, posted this morning. I did the same roundtrip (4 taps total) and interestingly it posted as a single contactless transaction for the combined amount. So it helped for the other promo people might have.. tap $10+ 10x for $20 credit.

I don't know if I'd use this outside of the promo though. I managed to forget to tap off most times and had to go back to find a machine.
Jul 25, 2013
301 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
so when an inspector comes around do we just tap our amex on their device? it didn't even show in pending transaction the second time i tapped on though and still doesn't so what would they see on their end....curious
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22927 upvotes
Toronto
Infiniti2011 wrote: so when an inspector comes around do we just tap our amex on their device? it didn't even show in pending transaction the second time i tapped on though and still doesn't so what would they see on their end....curious
Yes

Proof of Contactless Payment
During a fare inspection, your proof of payment is the same credit card, debit card or card in your mobile wallet you used to pay your fare. If you tap the wrong card or mobile wallet for a fare inspection, your card could be charged an Inspection Fare.

from About PRESTO contactless
https://www.prestocard.ca/en/about/contactless

The credit card is charged after you completed your journey(s) for that day.

From Download the PRESTO Contactless Terms and Conditions
https://www.prestocard.ca/en/terms-and-conditions

Paying your fare
When you tap your contactless credit payment media on a PRESTO reader (whether stationary or a portable reader held by staff), you are giving authorization for the full adult fare cost of your journey, including any maximum fares or unpaid fares, to be charged to your issuing financial institution. We will charge the fare(s) for the journey(s) to your contactless payment media after you have completed your journey(s) for that day at the latest. It may take up to 48hrs for the charge to appear on your credit/bank statement.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1213 posts
774 upvotes
frugal1 wrote: I did five $5 Presto loads at the Union Station GO ticket vending machine yesterday and it's pending as "UNION STATION - GO TVM". I doubt that it would trigger the offer though, but will report back. I did five $5 loads to trigger my other Amex offer, which was spend $5 and earn a $2 credit.
Confirming that this DID NOT work. My five $2 credits got posted, but not the $5 credit. I had to reload my Presto card anyway so this was an interesting test.
Mar 26, 2004
673 posts
540 upvotes
ADenariusSaved wrote: Damn, no TTC. Got the offer on the no-fee Simply Cash.

Check the terms and conditions, maybe I'm not reading it properly, but it doesn't seem to be that easy.
at the end of the day it is only $5
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4727 posts
2150 upvotes
Durham Region
I've done two trips using Google Pay and one trip using the physical card.

Interestingly the one trip with the physical card triggered the $2 contactless offer, but the trips with Google Pay don't seem to have triggered either the contactless offer or the Presto offer.
Mar 28, 2010
952 posts
491 upvotes
GTA
Ugh, didn't read the T&Cs until now. Loaded $25 online today but sounds like it won't get the credit.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1270 posts
352 upvotes
Oakville
gonna try this tomorrow - never even knew you could use a credit card to tap.

For those that work from home and only go to the office once or twice a week, there really is no need for the presto card anymore. Free's up space in my wallet!
Mar 5, 2015
60 posts
106 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
So did anyone able to trigger this offer by loading presto with tapping the presto card to the phone thru NFC?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)