Computers & Electronics

Price Check: How much for a BNIB MSI RX 580 4GB?

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2018 6:25 pm
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3611 posts
928 upvotes
Seeing as they're about $400 right now from both newegg and memoryexpress, I'd say you can get maybe try to list for $350-380. Lower if you really want to get rid of it. If you have the receipt and everything for warranty purposes, it'll help alot ! For reference sake... RX 580 4gb were sub $300 before the mining craze last year.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27702 posts
8068 upvotes
Sell it for $400 while you can. If you have the original receipt/invoice you should be able to get a full $400 for it I'd say... If it sells new for $400, that's >$450 after tax in ON. Someone will probably buy it off you for $400.

Realistically this card really should be selling new for like $229 and less with rebates but due to mining, scapegoating on mining, and scamming, they sell for basically double what they should. This can't continue forever and card prices are already starting to slide, so I'd get rid of it now while you still can. I do feel sorry for the sucker that buys it but hey there's one of those born every minute and them's the breaks. If someone wants to buy it from you for these ludicrous prices, you shouldn't try to stop them ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1941 posts
1011 upvotes
GTA
Makes me cry that at this time last year I paid $315 for the 8GB RX580 and $335 for a RX480 8GB the year before. I just leave them in crossfire I couldn't be bother to rid them, the support I get they act like a 1080. This is insanity.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27702 posts
8068 upvotes
heyyahblah wrote: Makes me cry that at this time last year I paid $315 for the 8GB RX580 and $335 for a RX480 8GB the year before. I just leave them in crossfire I couldn't be bother to rid them, the support I get they act like a 1080. This is insanity.
Yeah that's not bad at all--two in xfire are indeed nearly the same as a 1080...in games xfire scales well in anyway. Funny part is, hasn't 1080 gone down in price since those days? Used to be like $1000+ and now can be had for around $750. Meanwhile AMD has managed to up the price of Polaris to such ludicrous levels that a 4GB 580 is like $400 :rolleyes: Vega56? LOL it's like $900+ right now, and dukes it out with 1070 which is like $300 less :rolleyes: And there's still people on this forum that defend these blowhards at AMD :facepalm:

It'd be nicer if AMD could just sell the Radeon brand off now and stop disgracing it and running it into the ground; ATi is surely now rolling in its grave :(
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2730 posts
904 upvotes
Windsor
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah that's not bad at all--two in xfire are indeed nearly the same as a 1080...in games xfire scales well in anyway. Funny part is, hasn't 1080 gone down in price since those days? Used to be like $1000+ and now can be had for around $750. Meanwhile AMD has managed to up the price of Polaris to such ludicrous levels that a 4GB 580 is like $400 :rolleyes: Vega56? LOL it's like $900+ right now, and dukes it out with 1070 which is like $300 less :rolleyes: And there's still people on this forum that defend these blowhards at AMD :facepalm:

It'd be nicer if AMD could just sell the Radeon brand off now and stop disgracing it and running it into the ground; ATi is surely now rolling in its grave :(
People ARE still buying them, and it is consensus that a lot of the ripping-off is from opportunistic retailers. It does blow me away that Vega 56s are selling for so much though, but if people are dumb enough to pay it, I'd rip them off as well.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1941 posts
1011 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah that's not bad at all--two in xfire are indeed nearly the same as a 1080...in games xfire scales well in anyway. Funny part is, hasn't 1080 gone down in price since those days? Used to be like $1000+ and now can be had for around $750. Meanwhile AMD has managed to up the price of Polaris to such ludicrous levels that a 4GB 580 is like $400 :rolleyes: Vega56? LOL it's like $900+ right now, and dukes it out with 1070 which is like $300 less :rolleyes: And there's still people on this forum that defend these blowhards at AMD :facepalm:

ChubChub wrote: People ARE still buying them, and it is consensus that a lot of the ripping-off is from opportunistic retailers. It does blow me away that Vega 56s are selling for so much though, but if people are dumb enough to pay it, I'd rip them off as well.
I hardly see the 56's and 64's in stock anywhere. Canada Computers completely removed them from the inventory listing on their website for months now. Either they can't get ahold of the cards via their supplier or there just isn't any cards available. I also noticed they have now another new policy in effect. Graphics cards, final sale. No returns unless defective within 14 days. :facepalm:

No idea WTH is up with that, but yea going back to what you guys were saying. No one I know of (unless they are keeping a secret) are buying 56's or 64's. They are either getting 1070, 1080 or 1080ti depending on budget. Some go via retailers and others go take a chance with kijiji.

Strange though, I don't hear many even spending $$ on the 1060 6GB cards. If they buy its nothing but the 1050ti cards I keep hearing. Looks like because of budget to performance wise, people are either going with the 1050ti or 1070/1080 cards. Seems people are avoiding the 1060 altogether.