Price and Feedback on injection insulation

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 8:18 pm
[OP]
May 14, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes

Price and Feedback on injection insulation

I am in Toronto looking to insulate some basements walls in 2 rooms and take advantage of Ontario rebates. What are the prices per square foot and looking for feedback on effectiveness. Thanks guys
8 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14859 posts
9254 upvotes
Toronto
Did you get any quotes? Honestly you would probably have better luck calling the shops that do this.

Regardless, I'll bite. I know that my neighbour did it back in 2009 when ON Gov was giving out massing rebates for home renovations and upgrades to R rating. I think that to do the 4 (24'x36') walls was about $15,000 IIRC. It's a lot of work, so taking this into consideration, you're probably looking at a minimum of $5000/wall from NINE years ago. I posted in H&G before about it in more detail so try the search function.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
May 14, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes
Yes I know I should call the company first but because of the rebates I want to see how much extra are companies charging now. I saw somewhere on the net that it is about $3.80 per square foot before the $2 rebate.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14859 posts
9254 upvotes
Toronto
Ok. So what is it that you're trying to achieve? Are you looking to say that before rebates, it was only $3.80/sqft and now with rebates it's marked up to $5.80/sqft or it's now $1.80/sqft when you didn't get quotes.

I'm trying to understand what you are attempting to gain from knowing what the going rate was prior to the rebate. It's like waiting out to buy something expensive. Say a car. You never really know what type of rebates the manufacture will give out month to month. Pull the trigger now and get $1000 or wait to see what's coming in March and say its $4000.

Roll the dice, it's life.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
May 14, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes
What I am trying to do is get an idea before I waste the company’s time. I have called a few but they just usually tell me there is a $2600 minimum but not the price per square .just I want to get a general idea and I know that there are many factor involved.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14859 posts
9254 upvotes
Toronto
Do the math on what I told you above. There's your guesstimate on the cost per sqft.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
May 14, 2016
74 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks for the input. My research tells me $3 to $5 per square foot.