• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 1:40 pm
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
535 posts
262 upvotes

Price Match Palooza at my local RCSS today

Here's the scenario...

My RCSS is selling my favourite product at $3.50 per item.

But Loblaws has a flash sale on the same item that ends today for $1.88 per...

Now SDM has the exact same item on this week @ 2 for $5 dollars...

And I've got a pts. offer for the item -- the stars are aligning...

So armed with the Loblaws flyer ($1.88 per) the SDM flyer @ 2 for $5 dollar I arrived at my local RCSS this morning.
\
I'm now ready to PM my ass off to get a bunch of price matched pts. !!

My plan -- to get 8 items @ the 2 for $5 pricing (SDM) and 4 items @ $1.88 (Loblaws) ALL on the same ring in/bill.

If the store does that for me I'll have 12 items at a great price and 52 hundred points to boot.

Nervous as I explain to the check out lady my plan. Will she bite???

Pleased to say all went well. RCSS matched the SAME item from two DIFFERENT flyers - all on one bill.

52 hundred pts. on a dozen items at a great overall spend.

Mission accomplished...

I love my local RCSS. I really do.
Last edited by unclefester on Feb 23rd, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5704 posts
5118 upvotes
I don't understand why you paid more for the 2/$5 instead of just getting more at the $1.88 price?
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
535 posts
262 upvotes
Because my RCSS only allows me to price match four items at once from any other flyer.

And on the two for 5 dollar multi buy each transaction of 2 @ 5 is considered one purchase so it can be rung in -- added up a total of 4 times...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5704 posts
5118 upvotes
unclefester wrote: Because my RCSS only allows me to price match four items at once from any other flyer.

And on the two for 5 dollar multi buy each transaction of 2 @ 5 is considered one purchase so it can be rung in -- added up a total of 4 times...
I see. The cashiers at my rcss generally don't care about limits, unless you're trying to price match a whole cart load or something