• Jun 26th, 2022 8:32 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23678 posts
29755 upvotes

Price in Title Situation

Hello Administration,

Would it be possible to require people to enter the price in the price field and have that populate at the end of the title when creating a thread?

Some deals can't be characterized with standard pricing, for those deals, individuals might be forced to select a radio button indicating 'not applicable' for pricing.

What are your thoughts? I ask both administration and the community.

Thank you.
3 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23678 posts
29755 upvotes
That's 90% of my request, repeated by others. You've rightly linked to previous content, thank you.

The other 10% is additional functionality around non-standard deals that don't entail a fixed price, hopefully that adds some novel thought to the conversation.

Much appreciated, @Dhanushan.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9856 posts
18095 upvotes
Montreal
January 8th, 2021
TomRFD wrote: You're definitely not the first to ask, and we're finally going to get a new system to better handle this soon. The main problem is that the Sale Price and DIscount fields still exist even though they haven't been used in many years.

We'll be redesigning the post new thread page in Hot Deals which will streamline the deal posting process and eliminate a lot of the recurring issues that exist now. I can't say when exactly it'll happen, but it's listed as high priority so hopefully sometime in Q1.
July 19th, 2021
TomRFD wrote: We actually did implement some improvements earlier this year to help with missing prices from titles. The deal post form was redesigned with new placeholder text to instruct members on what info should go in which fields. There has been an improvement since we did that, however there are still quite a few times when the price is still missing from the title.

We continue to monitor this and do have next steps in mind already to further improve the situation.
Did anyone else notice improvements on that front? I sure didn't.
Actually, I've almost given-up on posting "Price in title please".
Let TomRFD and the other moderators edit the titles.
If they consider it's an efficient usage of their time instead of fixing the problem.

My next post about this: January 2023 ;)