PC & Video Games

Prices Announced - Who is getting a launch PS5 or Xbox?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 4:35 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13379 posts
8345 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
None of the above, cause imma get me a RTX 3080.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Apr 2, 2007
849 posts
123 upvotes
how much you think ps4 consoles will drop in price?
Feb 8, 2011
345 posts
511 upvotes
Calgary
Getting both at launch because I don't feel like dealing with stock issues down the line. Just one and done.
Oct 17, 2017
58 posts
27 upvotes
Just like above poster, gonna get both, but I'll need 2 of each for upstairs and downstairs. Might have to go 2 retailers, because I doubt that one will let me buy multiple consoles.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2326 posts
355 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: Yeah they had the YLOD, although it wasn't as widespread.
They also had substantial production quality issues with PS2. I think half the DIY repair sites in the internet got their start making guides for fixing PS2 DRE's.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20022 posts
2832 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Series X, although I guess I could go for the cheaper digital one since I don't have a 4k monitor and I almost never hookup the box to my TV, but that's a problem for future me.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2148 posts
853 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bleachway wrote: I'll probably end up waiting to buy it in December/January. What are people's thoughts, sold out by then?
Definitely not sold out, not with this pandemic unless both Sony and Microsoft are cutting down production to drive up the scarcity of it
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1344 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
sumtimw0ng wrote: Definitely not sold out, not with this pandemic unless both Sony and Microsoft are cutting down production to drive up the scarcity of it
It's kind of what I thought as well but given the fact we are going to be in a quarantine like stage going into next year, anything is possible. I hope your right and I can land myself one at that point. Digital is what's selling out on Pre-Order right now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6427 posts
4416 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: +200 IQ!

Wife: "Why are you playing so much video games?"
Me: "I'm trying to save on heating bills!!"
You can crossplay boost in COD. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1175 posts
247 upvotes
Preorder PS5. Sony's offering suits me so it's a no brainer. I am sure Xbox gamers are just as excited. Can't lose with either one.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4512 posts
1648 upvotes
Ajax
pitabread wrote: Later revisions helped with RROD, but sony wasn't immune to these problems too just an FYI.
Correct, launch PSOne, PS2 and PS3 all had plagued disc drives.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4512 posts
1648 upvotes
Ajax
jeff69dini wrote: how much you think ps4 consoles will drop in price?
Good candidate for Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Boxing Day deals. Has Sony announced anything about stopping PS4 production?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4512 posts
1648 upvotes
Ajax
At this point PS5 with Bluray and Series X. Although might change my mind by launch. Both with an extra controller and a game or two and we are talking about $2k. So hmmm...maybe just scalp the pre-orders and wait for trade in deals next Spring. But if covid wave 2 appears, stock will be thin for months. hmmm. but so will be software....decisions.