Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PriceSmart Foods

Delicious Expensive Japanese gummy $1.49/50g (save $0.90)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2021 11:43 am
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135824 upvotes
888888 upvotes

[PriceSmart Foods] Delicious Expensive Japanese gummy $1.49/50g (save $0.90)

This candy rarely goes on sale.
Expires until June 2021.

I think it is better than squish candies. The best one is ramune flavor.
IMG_6316[1].JPG
IMG_6315[1].JPG
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
26 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I love Japanese candy :) Thanks OP !

They have the BEST 7 Elevens in the world in Japan !

Lots of snacks, candies and very strange pop (IE: POCO SWEAT)

Dec 25, 2018
30 posts
15 upvotes
Looks like no locations in the GTA =/
Jul 15, 2010
567 posts
1125 upvotes
Vancouver
Which location was this at?
Sep 27, 2019
151 posts
270 upvotes
None of these stores in Alberta but thumbs up for premium gummy deals
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1145 posts
1265 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
IslandDeal wrote: I love Japanese candy :) Thanks OP !

Pocari Sweat? I've seen that in BC... isn't it coconut water?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
jerschwab wrote: Pocari Sweat? I've seen that in BC... isn't it coconut water?
Pocari Sweat is their version of Gatorade/Powerade. Great to have handy after a night of drinking in Japan.
Jan 18, 2008
468 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
where could we find this candy in GTA even at regular price? Just want to get them for my kids.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD

If Canada had the same exact 7 Eleven that Japan has, I'm convinced they would kill it with sales, it would be constant business.
Feb 1, 2019
323 posts
133 upvotes
Alberta

...Not just Japan w/best 7-Eleven stores but Hong Kong /Taiwan/Korea, you can buy beer in single cans or 6-pk, Hagen Daz icecream, and so much more food options that Canada doesn't have. You meant "POCARI SWEAT"? It's an electronite sports drink similar to Gatorade but it has a nicer flavor (you can get it in Powder packages or bottles @ T&T Supermarket- stores usually price it Clearance 3 mo before expiry for $1.50 -$2 instead of reg $4)
Dec 14, 2020
226 posts
510 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: If Canada had the same exact 7 Eleven that Japan has, I'm convinced they would kill it with sales, it would be constant business.
I think they tried it but the lifestyle here is different that's why it didn't catch on. The reason why 7-Elevens and other convenient stores are a huge phenomenon in Japan is because the work hours for Japanese people are very long and they finish really late. They usually are very tired and don't feel like cooking when going home and these places cater to them as a one-stop shop kinda thing. It's not the sole reason but I saw a documentary about them and I thought it was super interesting.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1361 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
You pay premium for the convenience. Many won't enjoy paying regular price + premium for Hagen Daz lol. You can buy these types of candies anywhere in Toronto and Markham like Pacific Mall.
Feb 1, 2019
323 posts
133 upvotes
Alberta
Thatdealguy wrote: This candy rarely goes on sale.
Expires until June 2021.

I think it is better than squish candies. The best one is ramune flavor.
yummy Fettuccine gummie slices!!! Cola isn't too bad but you gotta try Grape it's the best real grape flavor taste. Price Smart stores in Vancouver/Richmond BC but the Price Tag looks exactly like Save On Foods in AB, I would still get it reg price $2.39 it's usually $4.50 or $4.99 in H-Mart & T&T..

btw** if you like *ramune flavor* try Puccho ramune soft chewing candies w/mini soft explosion gummie flavors

What is the price for sore throat candy drops above? It's about $10/pk in T&T, bought 2 pks for father in seniors care facility (he wants more thinking it's $4)

IMG_6316[1].JPGIMG_6315[1].JPG
Feb 1, 2019
323 posts
133 upvotes
Alberta
BobotteSentie wrote: I think they tried it but the lifestyle here is different that's why it didn't catch on. The reason why 7-Elevens and other convenient stores are a huge phenomenon in Japan is because the work hours for Japanese people are very long and they finish really late. They usually are very tired and don't feel like cooking when going home and these places cater to them as a one-stop shop kinda thing. It's not the sole reason but I saw a documentary about them and I thought it was super interesting.
It's also "Convenience", there's either 7-11 or Family Mart store every 2 blks and they're located in high people traffic areas (@ entrance & exits of each subway stations, across from hotels) the work hours in Japan starts later which ends late, it's expensive living in city, ppl who works in Shinjuku or Ginza travel using JR line live outer-skirts area. My cuz works in IT in Hong Kong he works from 8am - 8pm gets 1 hr lunch break, we eat dinner @ 9pm; he said he misses working in Canada.
Feb 1, 2019
323 posts
133 upvotes
Alberta
Tactical wrote: You pay premium for the convenience. Many won't enjoy paying regular price + premium for Hagen Daz lol. You can buy these types of candies anywhere in Toronto and Markham like Pacific Mall.
No you don't pay "premium' for convenience, it's more affordable than supermarkets, there's everyday sales you can collect stickers for rewards during promotions. Hagen Daz isn't premium, there's dine-in & take-out stores everywhere like DQ/Marble Slab, I wasn't talking about container size in our grocery stores, it's the mini cups or dixie cups that T&T imports from Japan in summer (4 mini cups pkg $20+)

You can only buy them from T&T Supermarket, H-mart, or asian grocery stores in Toronto & Markham for $4-5 bag, you can't get it any cheaper unless there's a sale or clearance. It's probably not busy in Pacific Mall w/COVID but before pandemic I would not drive to Pacific Mall for candies, parking is crazy & finding a parking spot in impossible

Don't make an assumption if you haven't been there, I've lived w/friends and family while vacation-ing and working...lol...Besides high cost living expenses, it's expensive & inconvenience owning a car, some high-rises don't have parking within the residence, they pay for parkade few blocks from home. Unlike Canada, we drive everywhere, park in front of stores, no such thing
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
BobotteSentie wrote: I think they tried it but the lifestyle here is different that's why it didn't catch on. The reason why 7-Elevens and other convenient stores are a huge phenomenon in Japan is because the work hours for Japanese people are very long and they finish really late. They usually are very tired and don't feel like cooking when going home and these places cater to them as a one-stop shop kinda thing. It's not the sole reason but I saw a documentary about them and I thought it was super interesting.
Not just konbinis (convenience stores), lot of stuff in Japan is 24h; Even in small cities you'll find Yoshinoya, Sukiya, Gyoza no Ohsho that are 24/7;

But for konbinis in particular - they are really convenient. Most of them have some sort of delivery company pickup (Takyuubin), lots of live concerts tickets are/were sold exclusively on konbini machines (I'm sure it changed a lot with internet these days), ATM, FAX, ... It's really a one-stop.
Also, it isn't overly priced because of the convenience. sure you'd get cheaper stuff on supermarkets, but considering majority of Japanese homes lack storage, it isn't like you'd be going to Costco and buying tons of stuff.

Ah, and not forgetting the food is actually good. Like really. Those fried chicken from Lawson, Katy Perry knows it:

huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
Fettuccine al dente....gumi...what?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1361 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
FrostyBytes wrote: No you don't pay "premium' for convenience, it's more affordable than supermarkets, there's everyday sales you can collect stickers for rewards during promotions. Hagen Daz isn't premium, there's dine-in & take-out stores everywhere like DQ/Marble Slab, I wasn't talking about container size in our grocery stores, it's the mini cups or dixie cups that T&T imports from Japan in summer (4 mini cups pkg $20+)

You can only buy them from T&T Supermarket, H-mart, or asian grocery stores in Toronto & Markham for $4-5 bag, you can't get it any cheaper unless there's a sale or clearance. It's probably not busy in Pacific Mall w/COVID but before pandemic I would not drive to Pacific Mall for candies, parking is crazy & finding a parking spot in impossible

Don't make an assumption if you haven't been there, I've lived w/friends and family while vacation-ing and working...lol...Besides high cost living expenses, it's expensive & inconvenience owning a car, some high-rises don't have parking within the residence, they pay for parkade few blocks from home. Unlike Canada, we drive everywhere, park in front of stores, no such thing
I was referring to the business model here in Canada about convenience stores. Could care less about Japan, and your assumption about Pacific Mall is outdated years ago. Don't make assumptions if you haven't been here either.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)