Buy ReBranded Orvibo Smart Home Device - Get Free Hub

Deal Link:
Savings:
22% to 55%
Expiry:
February 3, 2019
Retailer:
Prime Cables
Prime Cables is offering a free Smart Home Hub if you buy one of their Living rebranded Orvibo Devices. I just received and installed a motion detector from them for $14.99. Had I bought it today, I would have gotten a hub to go along with it for free.

The sale is only good February 3rd.

https://www.primecables.ca/topic-728-smart-home-system
Don't forget 2.5% EBates.
Phils
42 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7384 posts
7936 upvotes
Do any of the products connect to IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6918 posts
3439 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Phils wrote: Prime Cables is offering a free Smart Home Hub if you buy one of their Living rebranded Orvibo Devices. I just received and installed a motion detector from them for $14.99. Had I bought it today, I would have gotten a hub to go along with it for free.

The sale is only good February 3rd.

https://www.primecables.ca/topic-728-smart-home-system

Don't forget 2.5% EBates.
I was also looking at the motion sensor. Does it work on batteries? Also does it say it can be used outdoor? We want to get something to advise when someone get close to the door outside.

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6308 posts
1463 upvotes
Montreal
Gtaphotog wrote: Do any of the products connect to IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa?
I have the motion sensor working with SmartThings through a custom Device Handler. Since SmartThings connects to Google Home and Alexa, I'll say yes. However, if you use their hub and their app - maybe not. It seems to me that if it did, it would be front and center on their web page. Also, in searching through IFTTT, I don't see the Orvibo service listed.
Last edited by Phils on Feb 3rd, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phils
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6308 posts
1463 upvotes
Montreal
nounou23 wrote: I was also looking at the motion sensor. Does it work on batteries? Also does it say it can be used outdoor? We want to get something to advise when someone get close to the door outside.

Thanks
Yes, it does - 2 AA batteries to be exact. According to people who use it, batteries last 9 months to a year. I installed mine 3 days ago and the device handler I use with SmartThings says my batteries are still 100%. I don't see this working outside. In fact, the instruction says keep away from damp or humid places.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7384 posts
7936 upvotes
Phils wrote: I have the motion sensor working with SmartThings through a custom Device Handler. Since SmartThings connects to Google Home and Alexa, I'll say yes. However, if you use their hub and their app - maybe not. It seems to me that if it did, it would be front and center on their web page. Also, in searching through IFTTT, I don't se the Orvibo service listed.
I wonder if it'll work with the Smart Life app which in turn works with the various assistants.

I'd like to pair this to internet connected bulbs or outlets.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6918 posts
3439 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Phils wrote: Yes, it does - 2 AA batteries to be exact. According to people who use it, batteries last 9 months to a year. I installed mine 3 days ago and the device handler I use with SmartThings says my batteries are still 100%. I don't see this working outside. In fact, the instruction says keep away from damp or humid places.
Thanks for the info :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7384 posts
7936 upvotes
Anyone figure out how to use store credit during checkout?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6308 posts
1463 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, you go to "Your Account" Redeem Points first . Then select a store credit amount that will appear as an option during checkout.
I bought the door/window sensor with hub for $14.99 this morning, applied a $10 store credit and paid $7.24 net after the store credit. I believe $10 for 10,000 points is the minimum.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7384 posts
7936 upvotes
Phils wrote: Yes, you go to "Your Account" Redeem Points first . Then select a store credit amount that will appear as an option during checkout.
I bought the door/window sensor with hub for $14.99 this morning, applied a $10 store credit and paid $7.24 net after the store credit. I believe $10 for 10,000 points is the minimum.
I see that but it got me confused because in the cart there's a little note mentioning you can redeem store credit at checkout like typical places work.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16370 posts
4248 upvotes
They look like rebrand Mihome
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2195 posts
522 upvotes
I'm interested in putting the motion sensor outside the house to monitor if anyone walks onto my porch. I have a brick wall. I don't know how far inside my house I can locate the hub ? Is it fair to assume 15 feet in will work ? Does the hub have to be physically connected to my network router with a network cable or will it connect to my wireless network ?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2805 upvotes
It's really too bad that companies go to so much effort to produce dirt cheap hardware, but can't be bothered to make their software work. If the Livingwise stuff doesn't integrate with Google Home, Alexa, and IFTTT, it's basically useless.
Mar 26, 2004
359 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
Not useless at all. If you have a decent setup - SmartThings, HomeAssistant etc you can make these things work. The dirt cheap hardware is a godsend if you don't mind putting a bit of work into the integration.
Apr 12, 2005
199 posts
110 upvotes
GTA
Phils wrote: Yes, it does - 2 AA batteries to be exact. According to people who use it, batteries last 9 months to a year. I installed mine 3 days ago and the device handler I use with SmartThings says my batteries are still 100%. I don't see this working outside. In fact, the instruction says keep away from damp or humid places.
I haven’t explored this yet but which device handler did you use for this one?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16370 posts
4248 upvotes
does it work with Homemate app?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12979 posts
11821 upvotes
Is there any free shipping coupon?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2065 posts
459 upvotes
Alberta
Man, was going to try to stick with Z-Wave devices, but at this price, might as well try it out. Too bad there's no temperature sensor with the motion one though.