Prime exclusive deal Schwinn Fitness IC3 and IC4 Bikes $559.30 and $874.29

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 10:35 am
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
629 posts
1402 upvotes
ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Prime exclusive deal Schwinn Fitness IC3 and IC4 Bikes $559.30 and $874.29

Seems like Amazon has the lowest price this year for Schwinn Fitness IC3 and IC4 Bikes $559.30 and $874.29 respectively.

Deal of the day for Prime Members: Schwinn Fitness IC Bike Series

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07WZXSDKW/ref ... VBP0?psc=1

Also, recumbent bike for $559.30
Deal of the day for Prime Members: Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MS7EWR9/ref ... BJNQBXJ6CQ
Images
  • 24E5BA21-4487-451F-BEDF-DDAC9BCDF299.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 12th, 2021 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
64 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2368 posts
623 upvotes
Hot. The IC4 is quite good, and sold out quickly at $999 (Costco recently, and BestBuy some time ago).

Free delivery is also a plus — the box is a pain to move, and I imagine bringing it home from Costco would have taken some effort.
Jan 8, 2019
146 posts
421 upvotes
Great deal OP, upvoted. Back in the COVID exercise equipment heydays we bought an Echelon EX-4s from Costco, but after multiple comparisons over time if I was fresh in the market looking for a new bike I'd probably get the IC4. No brainer at this price if people have been looking, feel bad for all the folks in that Costco thread that got it at $999, though I guess the Costco return period might be worth that extra amount.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3041 posts
2344 upvotes
I think prime should be in the title.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3461 posts
2715 upvotes
GTA
Hot price, approaching the lowest ever!
May 7, 2019
74 posts
113 upvotes
How does the ic3 compare to the Echelon Connect Sport Indoor Spin Bike?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1846 posts
2120 upvotes
West GTA
That's a hot price. The IC4 is a great spin bike. Had the Bowflex C6 (basically identical), and points as follows:

- Connects to all the apps quickly and easily
- Pretty high quality construction
- Full 40lb flywheel
- Magnetic resistance (the good one)
- If used w/ Peloton app, the stated resistance won't match at lower settings (Peloton uses a small flywheel), so you'll have to convert. Learning to do so takes about... two minutes?
- Seat's pretty uncomfortable, I bought a gel pad. Up to you.
- Wheels have toe cages on one side, and SPD clips on the other. Toe cages are great when you're first using it, but once you've used it enough to know that it isn't going to just gather dust after a few weeks, buy some SPD shoes - it's a lot better.
- I did have some modest squeaking on one wheel when I initially put it together, which I permanently and quickly fixed with a bit of plumber's tape on the wheel threads. Dead silent since.
- I do find that the RPM readout on the display on the bike itself is kind of dumb - they use a bar instead of a number. On the apps it doesn't matter since they show RPB on them.
- The Peloton app is a lot cheaper this way than on the actual Peloton - you miss on leaderboards and power output (and are unlikely to get the instructors saying your name when you hit milestones), but you save like 40 bucks a month or something and using a tablet is better than an attached screen since many Peloton workouts are now off-bike - this means you can do a spin class then just grab the tablet and comfortably switch to a quick yoga class to stretch out on the floor, for example.

Highly recommend it, and the IC4 is much cheaper than the Bowflex C6 for esentially the same bike (branding, colour is blue vs red, and maybe seat's different, not sure).
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1129 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought the IC4 from Costco for $999 and already assembled it. Too much work to rebuy from Amazon and return to Costco
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1210 posts
262 upvotes
Definitely a hot price and this is a great bike.
May 24, 2010
26 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
I think this is the ATL since the pandemic.
Last edited by FluffyCookie on Oct 12th, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 11, 2012
132 posts
21 upvotes
Everyone is chiming in on the IC3/4, but no one said anything about the recumbent bike.

Worth it? I want to get into cycling, but I'm a bigger guy, the pandemic hit me extremely hard in my weight, so 40 pounds is making me consider trading my treadmill for a bike.
Thoughts? (I'm not strapped for cash, and this seems like a durable bike by a good company, but I know next to nothing about those things)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5356 posts
3385 upvotes
Lyper wrote: Everyone is chiming in on the IC3/4, but no one said anything about the recumbent bike.

Worth it? I want to get into cycling, but I'm a bigger guy, the pandemic hit me extremely hard in my weight, so 40 pounds is making me consider trading my treadmill for a bike.
Thoughts? (I'm not strapped for cash, and this seems like a durable bike by a good company, but I know next to nothing about those things)
I'd personally spend the extra and get the IC4. I think you'll get more use out of a traditional spin bike.
Jun 30, 2019
700 posts
2111 upvotes
Should I get the IC3 or IC4? Just looking for a bike to get in shape, don't need many options. Thanks
Mar 11, 2012
132 posts
21 upvotes
hvc wrote: I'd personally spend the extra and get the IC4. I think you'll get more use out of a traditional spin bike.
The thing is, a traditional bike could also be a good outdoor bike with the training indoor modding stuff (I have no clue what the name is sorry).

Where I can't get a recumbant bike indoor mod from a normal bike.
Also it's harder to bike on a normal bike... I guess?
Jan 26, 2015
27 posts
41 upvotes
Milton
Bought my Ic4 at the hight of the pandemic and have been loving it! Paired it with the Pelton app and it has been perfect
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5356 posts
3385 upvotes
Lyper wrote: The thing is, a traditional bike could also be a good outdoor bike with the training indoor modding stuff (I have no clue what the name is sorry).

Where I can't get a recumbant bike indoor mod from a normal bike.
Also it's harder to bike on a normal bike... I guess?
Then get a road bike and trainer instead of a spin bike, but a good trainer will set you back more than the IC4. So, if you already have a road bike and want to bring it inside, yes buy a trainer. But, if you need to buy a road bike + trainer you're going to be out ~$2k to start.

Recumbent bikes aren't any more difficult, and work less secondary muscles (by not having to support your core/back to keep upright) compared to an upright. So, a recumbent is a more comfortable/enjoyable calorie burn and you're less likely to injure yourself. I'd argue an upright will give you a better overall workout and probably be enjoyable for longer if you ever want to get into online training (JRNY, Peloton, Zwift, etc.).
Mar 11, 2012
132 posts
21 upvotes
hvc wrote: Then get a road bike and trainer instead of a spin bike, but a good trainer will set you back more than the IC4. So, if you already have a road bike and want to bring it inside, yes buy a trainer. But, if you need to buy a road bike + trainer you're going to be out ~$2k to start.

Recumbent bikes aren't any more difficult, and work less secondary muscles (by not having to support your core/back to keep upright) compared to an upright. So, a recumbent is a more comfortable/enjoyable calorie burn and you're less likely to injure yourself. I'd argue an upright will give you a better overall workout and probably be enjoyable for longer if you ever want to get into online training (JRNY, Peloton, Zwift, etc.).
That seems like reasonnable arguments. I had no clue about these online training things, I'll check it out. Seems like it would be a really great thing.
I wonder if you can pair all of that with a VR headset somehow (I got a valve index, with full body tracking), the immersion would be surreal.
Oct 1, 2007
284 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
I've been looking at the Echelon recumbent bikes but maybe the Schwinn one is a better option. Anyone use it? I'm a bit sketched out by the friction resistance. I got a GoZone one during the pandemic and the resistance rubber material is now dust.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)