[Twitch] Prime - Nintendo Online Subscription 1 year - Free

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 9:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3156 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did you guys have to link a payment method when subscribing?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1855 posts
1243 upvotes
Ottawa
honggil wrote:
May 29th, 2019 1:00 pm
Yeah - if you have one you can use, then what you can do after it's all set up is go back in and cancel auto renew, that way your credit card is never charged or at risk of being charged.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Dec 27, 2007
18347 posts
9528 upvotes
Kitchener
honggil wrote:
May 29th, 2019 1:00 pm
Just do paypal. Then you can cancel the payment agreement from your own paypal account just in case Nintendo decided to re-enable the auto-renew on their own (several reports about it in the reminder thread).
Dec 2, 2010
147 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
May 29th, 2019 1:12 pm
Just do paypal. Then you can cancel the payment agreement from your own paypal account just in case Nintendo decided to re-enable the auto-renew on their own (several reports about it in the reminder thread).
Adding the 9 months re-enabled auto subscribe for me which is annoying because they don't make it easy to disable. Keeps erroring out when trying to disable auto-renewal :/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6470 posts
2345 upvotes
Canada
Can't even find where to disable it.
Dec 27, 2007
18347 posts
9528 upvotes
Kitchener
raspeed wrote:
May 29th, 2019 1:51 pm
Can't even find where to disable it.
V V V
How to turn off automatic renewal
You can turn off automatic renewal by selecting Shop Menu in your Nintendo Account settings, then selecting either Nintendo Switch Online or Your Subscriptions or on your device by selecting Nintendo Switch Online or Your Subscriptions in Account Information within Nintendo eShop.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2812 posts
1210 upvotes
GTA
Bump for any stragglers out there like me who hadn't extended.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
5892 posts
499 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Amazing. Thanks OP and to all who contributed!
Jun 25, 2019
2 posts
First 3 months worked great. The 9 month extension didn't. I contacted Nintendo to inquire why and was told that the code sent by twitch prime was not valid. I've tried contacting twitch and no response. Had to pay for another 12 months.
Dec 24, 2007
378 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
CraigO60328 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 3:56 pm
First 3 months worked great. The 9 month extension didn't. I contacted Nintendo to inquire why and was told that the code sent by twitch prime was not valid. I've tried contacting twitch and no response. Had to pay for another 12 months.
I'm having the exact same issue. I just keep getting:

"There was an error claiming the Nintendo Switch Online offer. Refresh this page to continue claiming or go back to the Twitch Prime offer page."

Let me know if you get it to work. It seems they have no real way of contacting them for any issues.
Apr 16, 2017
213 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Paulmolive wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 8:51 pm
I'm having the exact same issue. I just keep getting:

"There was an error claiming the Nintendo Switch Online offer. Refresh this page to continue claiming or go back to the Twitch Prime offer page."

Let me know if you get it to work. It seems they have no real way of contacting them for any issues.
I never got twitch to go prime to begin with :D
Jun 25, 2019
2 posts
Nintendo costumer service was good, but I still haven't been able to get anyone from twitch to help. Got a reply email 2 weeks after quoting the wrong issue. Replied saying that and haven't heard back.

Good luck, but I figured $25 was easier than the hassle.
Nov 28, 2009
366 posts
181 upvotes
Pickering
Thanks for the reminder got the extra 9 months yay!
Apr 18, 2017
202 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
lenz33 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 1:38 pm
OK. Answering my own question. I was fiddling around with this problem, and I think I've found the solution. Firstly, I was trying to link amazon.ca-twitch from my amazon.ca account. That does not seem to work. Secondly, I changed my email on amazon.com. To my great surprise changing email on amazon.com changed automatically my email on ALL amazon accounts - ca, uk, de - all except Japan. Apparently, on amazon Japan you can have a different email. So, changing email did not help with twitch-amazon connection problem. What seems to work are the steps below.

DISCLAIMER this is only a solution for twitch-amazon.ca link. I still have no idea if Nintendo-twitch link works. I'll try that later on. So, far my amazon.ca and twitch are linked.

OK. This is what I did.

1. Pre-requisites
Twitch account
Amazon Canada Prime membership

Note: If you unsuccesfuly attempted to link amazon and twitch before, but you still received an email that your accounts are connected, you will have to remove that connection. To do that follow the link "Manage Twitch Account Settings" from the old Twitch confirmation email.

2. DO NOT try to link amazon-twitch from amazon.ca account page! Instead go to
https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo

3. Press "Sign in" button in the upper right corner and then log in with your Twitch credentials

4. Authorize access to Twitch Prime Loot

5. Choose Canada from the country list, then click Continue

6. amazon.ca login screen comes up - login with your amazon.ca credtentials

7. Twitch prime screen comes up asking you to link your twitch account with your amazon account - press Confirm

8. Twitch prime loot screen comes up. Press "See Loot" button to access your twitch page. All is good!
It will only let me sign in with my amazon credentials as soon as I hit 'signin' on the top right